Credit Cards

Tangerine Money-Back MC (10% CB on $1,000 Spending within first 2 months!)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2023 9:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes
I’ve had the Tangerine MC for a year yet I still haven’t gotten any offers for a credit limit increase. Is this normal?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1595 posts
1983 upvotes
Toronto, ON
IEpicDestroyer wrote: I’ve had the Tangerine MC for a year yet I still haven’t gotten any offers for a credit limit increase. Is this normal?
I don't think I've ever received an offer either but I typically request the increase myself. Click on Account Details > Request Change > Limit Increase.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
3320 posts
2372 upvotes
sn00ch wrote: I don't think I've ever received an offer either but I typically request the increase myself. Click on Account Details > Request Change > Limit Increase.
Don’t they conduct a hard credit check if I apply for the increase myself?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2020
7187 posts
5619 upvotes
Thornhill
Would they do a hard check to upgrade the regular Tangerine to Tangerine World? My credit limit is under $5000, got the card when it first came out and never really bothered doing anything with it other than using it. Is switching to world worth it if I already have BRIM?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1430 posts
421 upvotes
Ottawa
Whoa.....I came here to see if I'm the only one with statement problems and without the 10% extra rewards.
I have called Tangerine multiple times to report that I'm not getting statements and alerts, they blamed me for it.
The problem is ... I had the Tangerine account for 2 years before opening the credit card and I never missed an email, so it's hard to argue that the problem is at my end.
Long story short, the only "solution" is to opt for PAPER STATEMENTS (!!!) and of course, the previous statements are still nowhere to be found.
I was also told that it's my job to call in and pay whatever X amount I'm given (without the ability to check details) or opt for automatic payments from another Tangerine account.
The supervisor I got through to (after>1 hr on hold) - Santa, what an irony - made absolutely ZERO effort to listen to my side of the story or even accept to receive my screenshots that clearly support my complaint. BTW, this was my 4th call to Support.
She spoke loudly over me, never acknowledged that there could indeed be an account problem if others are experiencing similar issues, etc. The whole nine yards, including "ask me if I care if you close your account" - I paraphrase.

TL;DR I will be closing this account (NOT just the CC, but also savings and checking , USD too) because of abysmal customer service I got, the lack of any effort to make things right for something clearly not my fault.
NOT WORTH IT.

If someone has a suggestion on how to report this to BBB, I'm all ears.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16788 posts
12572 upvotes
Markham
ipse wrote: Whoa.....I came here to see if I'm the only one with statement problems and without the 10% extra rewards.
I have called Tangerine multiple times to report that I'm not getting statements and alerts, they blamed me for it.
The problem is ... I had the Tangerine account for 2 years before opening the credit card and I never missed an email, so it's hard to argue that the problem is at my end.
Long story short, the only "solution" is to opt for PAPER STATEMENTS (!!!) and of course, the previous statements are still nowhere to be found.
I was also told that it's my job to call in and pay whatever X amount I'm given (without the ability to check details) or opt for automatic payments from another Tangerine account.
The supervisor I got through to (after>1 hr on hold) - Santa, what an irony - made absolutely ZERO effort to listen to my side of the story or even accept to receive my screenshots that clearly support my complaint. BTW, this was my 4th call to Support.
She spoke loudly over me, never acknowledged that there could indeed be an account problem if others are experiencing similar issues, etc. The whole nine yards, including "ask me if I care if you close your account" - I paraphrase.

TL;DR I will be closing this account (NOT just the CC, but also savings and checking , USD too) because of abysmal customer service I got, the lack of any effort to make things right for something clearly not my fault.
NOT WORTH IT.

If someone has a suggestion on how to report this to BBB, I'm all ears.
Might be try another CS before you close account. They have some good products such as USD GIC. Every bank has bad apples.

You can also go through their complain process as well
https://www.tangerine.ca/en/legal/complaints-process
Last edited by smartie on Sep 24th, 2022 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16788 posts
12572 upvotes
Markham
Does anyone know whether parking in TTC stations is coded as "parking" or "transportation/transit"?

Thanks
Jan 27, 2014
34 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
when i click the link to apply through GCR, it tells me its easier to apply through the app, if i chose this option will i still get my gcr cash back?
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11667 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
tempurabits wrote: when i click the link to apply through GCR, it tells me its easier to apply through the app, if i chose this option will i still get my gcr cash back?
Doubt it.
The application in the app isn't going to have the source code in it that tells Tangerine you used a third party website to apply.
Without that, GCR doesn't get paid, and they won't pay you.
Nov 26, 2019
182 posts
139 upvotes
I just saw 15% cash back on the tangerine website. It says it ends on Jan 31, 2023. When I applied, it only shows 2% regular cash back. I called the tangerine. The agency cannot find from her end. But since it is shown in my end, she will leave a note in my account to activate this offer.

You may want to try yourself to see if this offer is there.

I started a new thread for this 15% cash back offer. https://forums.redflagdeals.com/tangeri ... s-2596256/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)