Expired Hot Deals

[Tangerine Savings] Tangerine 2.75% to Aug 31/19

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 12:11 pm
Mar 2, 2017
223 posts
20 upvotes
i called twice, asked if they can give me promo rate. Nothing, i'm at 1.2%....any advice? i'm thinking of switching to eq to get a better hsa rate?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2637 posts
1348 upvotes
vancepwoah wrote: i called twice, asked if they can give me promo rate. Nothing, i'm at 1.2%....any advice? i'm thinking of switching to eq to get a better hsa rate?
You have little to gain by leaving your money at Tangerine at 1.2%, especially if the next bonus offer is only on "new deposits". Switch to EQ or to some other FI that has a bonus for first time deposits, such as Meridian.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14439 posts
214 upvotes
Mississauga
Alterna is 2.35% all the time.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Mar 12, 2006
786 posts
161 upvotes
wow, you guys weren't joking.

Didn't see this thread until now and they are seriously giving nothing now. EQ Bank it is!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
1245 posts
869 upvotes
Phoned today asking for another bonus time.
Was offered 2.3% for 6 months, 50K min. from the back office.
He said 2.75% rate was for new money only.

I said I would take it but would probably leave eventually as I could get better rates elsewhere.
I will give me time to open up a Motive Account plus a possible location for Manulife if the rate dives.
They obviously do not need cash at this moment or they would up their rate.
Nov 25, 2009
445 posts
185 upvotes
Terrace
My RBC 3% is up, I will be going back to Tangerine or another high interest rate bank account.

My RBC account has about 80k, while my Tangerine has 10k. Should I do the phone call now, or move the money and then do the phone call to get a better rate?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
1080 posts
803 upvotes
Montreal
lawonga wrote: My RBC 3% is up, I will be going back to Tangerine or another high interest rate bank account.

My RBC account has about 80k, while my Tangerine has 10k. Should I do the phone call now, or move the money and then do the phone call to get a better rate?
My guess, phone call after you transfered your money.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
1603 posts
1227 upvotes
Motusbank offers 2.5% for TFSA , 2.25% for Non-registered accounts - these are regular rates not promos. Also offering 3% for GIC 18mths non-registered and 3.1% TFSA GIC - these are limited but no deadline as of yet. For 18 mths GIC you can also get that 30$ GCR cash back (see the other thread in Hot Deals)
May 29, 2019
59 posts
40 upvotes
What an absolute pain it is to deal with these morons at Tangerine. After having to go to Canada Post twice to verify my ID (despite the employee telling me it was a success the first time), I submitted my documents to verify SIN, name, address, DoB. I got an email the next morning telling me I was good to go. Great I think, that was relatively quick. I then applied for the Money-Back card because that was whole point of me opening the savings account (to get the third category of 4% CB). I called back today to check on the application and they said as soon as I fixed my documents I would be good to go. I asked them what they were talking about, and that I already received verification that my documents were ok. Well apparently not, and to make things worse they didn't even let me know about it. What a joke Tangerine is. Completely regret applying.
Nov 20, 2014
87 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I found this offer under Insights, first one in over 6 months targeting tfsa or savings.
Not sure of others have gotten it too, seems as if Tangerine is personalizing offers lately.

"Your activated special offer:
Earn 2.75% interest until November 30, 2019 on up to $1,000,000† in new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), RSP Savings Account(s),
Tax-Free Savings Account(s), and US$ Savings Account(s) made between June 11, 2019 and November 30, 2019."
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8611 posts
1081 upvotes
this is what i just got yesterday, from June 11 - November 30th.

You’re earning 2.75%* interest on new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), Tax-Free Savings Account(s), RSP Savings and US$ Savings Account(s) until November 30, 2019. Why not open a new Account to make the most of your special rate?

Here’s how it works:

We totaled up the balances of your eligible Savings, TFSA, RSP Savings and US$ Savings Account(s) as they were on June 10, 2019 to get your total balances per Account Type
From June 11, 2019 to November 30, 2019, you’ll earn your special interest rate on new deposits over your total balances calculated on June 10, 2019 (up to $1,000,000† per Account Type)
The rest of your Account balance will earn the current posted rate
Oct 6, 2016
240 posts
77 upvotes
Burnaby
PauloP wrote: I found this offer under Insights, first one in over 6 months targeting tfsa or savings.
Not sure of others have gotten it too, seems as if Tangerine is personalizing offers lately.

"Your activated special offer:
Earn 2.75% interest until November 30, 2019 on up to $1,000,000† in new deposits to your Tangerine Savings Account(s), RSP Savings Account(s),
Tax-Free Savings Account(s), and US$ Savings Account(s) made between June 11, 2019 and November 30, 2019."
I got similar offer until December 2019.
But I don't have savings account, gotta try if I open new savings account it is still applicable or not.