Hot Deals

Tangerine

A special 4.75% Savings rate* is coming soon

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 30th, 2023 3:13 am
Sr. Member
Dec 15, 2017
621 posts
657 upvotes
Vancouver
I NEVER get these offers even though I've been a customer for a while now and have a high balance.
Conversely, my dad has been a customer for about a year with similar balance and he has gotten 3 promotions in a row now, including this 4.75%.

I called in and asked why that is. The agent obviously didn't know and cited their algorithm. She said she'll "submit feedback" to the marketing dept (whatever that means).
In the meantime, she offered me 3.5% on my existing balances and said I can call back in a month to see if that rate has increased and change to whatever new rate is being offered.
Currently: Fido Black Friday: 20GB/$30 - LTE
Previously: Telus EPP: 20GB/$50 - 5G
"Retail is for suckers" - Cosmo Kramer
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
24609 posts
12672 upvotes
Toronto
Whoever suggested push and pull funds from Tangerine, thanks. I did a test run beforehand, worked both ways without issue.

Pulling to them and pushing to someone else.

Edit: Nope, didn't work. Wasn't aware of a "Daily Limit" - now I gotta call them lol
Hope that works.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Sr. Member
Sep 14, 2009
818 posts
460 upvotes
Kingston
DaVibe wrote: Whoever suggested push and pull funds from Tangerine, thanks. I did a test run beforehand, worked both ways without issue.

Pulling to them and pushing to someone else.

Edit: Nope, didn't work. Wasn't aware of a "Daily Limit" - now I gotta call them lol
Hope that works.
I thought I would need to speak to a live person, but was able to initiate a pull above their daily limit successfully using their telephone interface thing, if you'd rather not wait on hold.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
24609 posts
12672 upvotes
Toronto
cardero wrote: I thought I would need to speak to a live person, but was able to initiate a pull above their daily limit successfully using their telephone interface thing, if you'd rather not wait on hold.
I will search for that, not familiar.
I'm on vacation and don't have any of my account details anyways, seems like I have to wait until I'm back.

Thanks for the info.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
24609 posts
12672 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else have issues using Google Chrome signing into Tangerine?

I constantly have to verify myself by sending a text to my cellphone. Plus, delays logging in - needed a refresh of the screen.

I often use another browser entirely.

Only website I have these issues on.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Sr. Member
Dec 20, 2018
803 posts
1222 upvotes
intelpentium400 wrote: I NEVER get these offers even though I've been a customer for a while now and have a high balance.
Conversely, my dad has been a customer for about a year with similar balance and he has gotten 3 promotions in a row now, including this 4.75%.

I called in and asked why that is. The agent obviously didn't know and cited their algorithm. She said she'll "submit feedback" to the marketing dept (whatever that means).
In the meantime, she offered me 3.5% on my existing balances and said I can call back in a month to see if that rate has increased and change to whatever new rate is being offered.
Maybe your balance and years is high enough that they feel like they have you and don't need to offer rates. I always pull my money once special rates expire. That's just how Tangerine has worked for me.
Outlaw ellipses and apostrophes.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 18, 2011
2059 posts
1713 upvotes
Pickering
DaVibe wrote: Anyone else have issues using Google Chrome signing into Tangerine?

I constantly have to verify myself by sending a text to my cellphone. Plus, delays logging in - needed a refresh of the screen.

I often use another browser entirely.

Only website I have these issues on.

Same issue. Not only that, but I'd say 80% of the time the page to enter my pin doesn't load and I have to refresh it first for it to work.
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $75/60GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB + $50/50GB/BYOD
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9832 posts
1302 upvotes
GTA
DaVibe wrote: Anyone else have issues using Google Chrome signing into Tangerine?
I clicked on the " I use this device often " or "this device is safe" or whatever and I haven't had to do 2FA again on my main computer...
I am using Brave browser
EDIT - there is a check on the 2FA entry screen that you can check to avoid 2FA for future.

Maybe you have cookie blocking or some other thing that is preventing that part from workking?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
24609 posts
12672 upvotes
Toronto
YLSF wrote: I clicked on the " I use this device often " or "this device is safe" or whatever and I haven't had to do 2FA again on my main computer...
I am using Brave browser
EDIT - there is a check on the 2FA entry screen that you can check to avoid 2FA for future.

Maybe you have cookie blocking or some other thing that is preventing that part from workking?
I really don't lol
It also does this on my phone, which I've said it's a safe device about half a million times.
Richard1986 wrote: Same issue. Not only that, but I'd say 80% of the time the page to enter my pin doesn't load and I have to refresh it first for it to work.
EXACT same experience.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Member
Dec 28, 2006
329 posts
50 upvotes
anyone able to call in and get a decent rate? thanks
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 16, 2004
24609 posts
12672 upvotes
Toronto
cardero wrote: I thought I would need to speak to a live person, but was able to initiate a pull above their daily limit successfully using their telephone interface thing, if you'd rather not wait on hold.
As a follow-up, it STILL did not work using the phone service but it did in fact work with an agent.
RedFlagDeals Addict - 2008 Nominee for Most Helpful User
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Newbie
Jul 21, 2021
95 posts
87 upvotes
sushi604 wrote: Rats... I didn't get that email!
You can send your money to me and I'll earn interest for you and send it back I promise
Sr. Member
Nov 4, 2006
657 posts
760 upvotes
Vancouver
not sure this question belongs here but if one has TFSA money to invest does Tangerine offer money market accounts in its investment portfolio as it offers up to $1000 to keep funds invested for a few months and even with management fees of 1% one comes out ahead unless there are better options?
Jr. Member
Nov 12, 2011
129 posts
148 upvotes
Vancouver
intelpentium400 wrote: I NEVER get these offers even though I've been a customer for a while now and have a high balance.
Conversely, my dad has been a customer for about a year with similar balance and he has gotten 3 promotions in a row now, including this 4.75%.

I called in and asked why that is. The agent obviously didn't know and cited their algorithm. She said she'll "submit feedback" to the marketing dept (whatever that means).
In the meantime, she offered me 3.5% on my existing balances and said I can call back in a month to see if that rate has increased and change to whatever new rate is being offered.

I spoke with a Tangerine rep couple days ago and she helped me solve the mysteries of why some people received these offers and some didn’t.

She said all the customers were separated into different groups first (I suspect one group for people who had a current promo, one group who had a promo ended in Dec, one group who had zero balance in their acct, etc.). Then the computer will pick people from different groups who will receive these special offers. She said usually they do this in the first week of the month, so it may be worthwhile to call Tangerine next week.

The rep offered me 3.5% which I politely turned down. A family member called and accepted an offer for 3.75% for 150 days. An interesting note is this family member had previously accepted an offer for 3.5% till Jan 31.

Top