Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Tangerine 2.50% savings interest + $200 for payroll enrolment - New clients only

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2021 11:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1609 posts
812 upvotes
GTA

[Tangerine] Tangerine 2.50% savings interest + $200 for payroll enrolment - New clients only

Deal Link:
Expiry:
October 14, 2020
Retailer:
Tangerine
More offers from Tangerine
Get your money working for you. Get a 2.50% savings rate when you open your first Savings and Chequing Accounts. Plus, you could earn $200*.

Here’s how this online offer works:

Earn 2.50% interest*
1. Become a new Client online by October 14, 2020 using the promo code EARNMORE
2. Open your first eligible Savings Account and Chequing Account within 30 days
3. Earn 2.50% interest in your Savings Account for 5 months

PLUS Get a $200 payroll Bonus*
4. Complete steps 1 to 3
5. Add your payroll—have the first payroll direct deposit in your Chequing Account within 60 days of opening the Account
6. Keep your payroll direct deposits going into your Account for at least 3 straight months and you’ll earn a $200 Bonus after the 3rdthird month

Save with 2.50% interest in other Tangerine Savings Accounts*
If you open more than one eligible Savings Account (including TFSAsT F S A's, RSPsR S P's, RIFs,R I F's and US$ Savings Accounts), you’ll get 2.50% interest on those savings too – up to $1,000,000† combined. For these subsequent Accounts, this rate will apply for 5 months from the day you started earning 2.50% interest in your first eligible Savings Account.
Last edited by kasm on Sep 13th, 2020 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
33 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6679 posts
6272 upvotes
Calgary
For the 3 rfd members that would be new Tangerine customers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1609 posts
812 upvotes
GTA
SammyDavis wrote: For the 3 rfd members that would be new Tangerine customers.
True - edited title to include New clients only. My Manulife 2.65% expires in 2 weeks. I'll have my spouse sign up to Tangerine as a new customer to get this. It's tougher and tougher to get a decent rate of return these days.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6679 posts
6272 upvotes
Calgary
Looks like I am headed to CTFS myself.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13322 posts
24586 upvotes
So let me calculate , transfer savings $398 @ 2.5% x 5 months , oh yah , ......any single ladies here ?
Oct 1, 2007
219 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Is "new Client" still consider a person who never had any product from Tangerine before? Not even Mastercard.

Thanks
Aug 23, 2011
80 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
Is it easy to transfer money in and out of tangerine? I bank primarily with rbc so after 5 months, I want my money back in my rbc account. Thanks
Last edited by ooops123 on Sep 15th, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7304 posts
1295 upvotes
Toronto
ooops123 wrote: Is it easy to transfer money in and out of tangerine? I bank primarily with td so after 5 months, I want my money back in my rbc account. Thanks
Very easy once you do the process to link the external accounts to Tangerine.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2026 posts
1847 upvotes
Ottawa
Inno wrote: Very easy once you do the process to link the external accounts to Tangerine.
They put a hold on it that ties it up for a week, though. E-transfer some of it for instant access to the money.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7304 posts
1295 upvotes
Toronto
Dynatos wrote: They put a hold on it that ties it up for a week, though. E-transfer some of it for instant access to the money.
On the positive side, they told me that they credit your interest right away when you initiate the transfer.
Nov 22, 2019
450 posts
356 upvotes
Dynatos wrote: They put a hold on it that ties it up for a week, though. E-transfer some of it for instant access to the money.
What about cheques ?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2005
1129 posts
546 upvotes
Winnipeg
You need a Tangerine chequing account to be able to use Interac etransfer.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2026 posts
1847 upvotes
Ottawa
Senk wrote: You need a Tangerine chequing account to be able to use Interac etransfer.
Not to transfer in. Tangerine savings accounts can receive e-transfers.
Mar 12, 2017
239 posts
156 upvotes
Hi, I still don't have Tangerine, kept postponing it until I forgot about it.

Are some of you only using Tangerine? I don't want to deal with two banks.

Also, is it easy to take the money out? I have 25k in my bank account right now, but I have to spend 12k in about 10 days. Is it possible to put the whole 25k in the Tangerine account and still be able to take half of it out almost right away?

Do I have to open a saving account and a checking account and transfer money from one to the other? I don't use my account a lot as my girlfriend is taking care of our every day expanses and we use my account to pay for bigger things when we need them. So I only use my account to pay my credit card or transfer money to her once in a while. Can I do this from a saving account only? And can I deposit my pay in that saving account?

Thanks.
Mar 12, 2017
239 posts
156 upvotes
What should I do about that? Call my bank and tell them to accept the deposit from Tangerine?

"You recently added a new external account to link to your Tangerine Account(s), and to set up the link, we needed to deposit two small amounts of money into that external account. However, your other bank returned the deposits to us, due to an issue with the account."
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2394 posts
1085 upvotes
Toronto
What constitutes ‘new’?
I left them just after they changed from ING.
Would I be able to open a new account and take advantage of this?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2234 posts
655 upvotes
So the 5 months starts once you create a savings acct not when you create your Tangerine online account?
Jan 8, 2019
63 posts
48 upvotes
Why is this being downvoted? Is it only because most RFDers won't qualify as new Tangerine users or am I missing something important? OTOH, the Manulife deal, which doesn't seem very different, is upvoted. If I have always had just one savings account in one of the big5, is something wrong in taking the 2.5% over 2.15%?