Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Tangerine 2.50% savings interest + $200 for payroll enrolment - New clients only

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2021 11:34 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
6296 posts
6809 upvotes
Edmonton
If I signed up for tangerine a few days ago (havent opened any acccounts) but I forgot to use the code "earnmore" am I out of luck?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1820 posts
1892 upvotes
iamdman wrote: So the 5 months starts once you create a savings acct not when you create your Tangerine online account?
According to the finer print,
The 2.50% Promotional Rate will apply to deposits made to an Eligible Client’s Applicable Savings Account(s) for 153 days (5 months) beginning on the date all Offer Qualifying Conditions have been met,
So, yes once you creat your savings account (within 30 days of activation online account)
eshoppingenti wrote: Why is this being downvoted? Is it only because most RFDers won't qualify as new Tangerine users or am I missing something important? OTOH, the Manulife deal, which doesn't seem very different, is upvoted. If I have always had just one savings account in one of the big5, is something wrong in taking the 2.5% over 2.15%?
Many RFDers have a tangerine account. Like myself, we usually rotate funds depending on which bank has the better interest rate. My tangerine promotion is ending soon, so I recently switch covered to Manulife.
adamtheman wrote: If I signed up for tangerine a few days ago (havent opened any acccounts) but I forgot to use the code "earnmore" am I out of luck?
You might be out of luck. Might not be a bad idea to either call customer service or live chat an agent to make sure.
available to new Tangerine Clients who: (a) have a Client Number created between August 17, 2020 and October 14, 2020, (b) become a Tangerine Client using the Promo Code “EARNMORE”, (c) open an Applicable Savings Account within 30 days of the date their Client Number was created, and (d) open a Tangerine Chequing Account within 30 days of the date their Client Number was created (collectively the “Offer Qualifying Conditions”)
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
1820 posts
1892 upvotes
blindemboss wrote: What constitutes ‘new’?
I left them just after they changed from ING.
Would I be able to open a new account and take advantage of this?
According to website,
A “New Client” is a person that has never had an ING DIRECT or Tangerine Account.
You might want to call Tangerine to confirm though.
Public Mobile, Tangerine
Jul 28, 2018
325 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
adamtheman wrote: If I signed up for tangerine a few days ago (havent opened any acccounts) but I forgot to use the code "earnmore" am I out of luck?
I thought I was the only one who did this.
I signed up using their stupid app scanning feature not realizing it's literally skips the Promo Code screen. I was not even able to put a promo code at all, it just redirects to the personal information/anti terrorist law questions.

EDIT: I contacted Tangerine CSR and they added the promo for me! :)
Last edited by Error416 on Oct 13th, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 27, 2012
13 posts
169 upvotes
RICHMOND
The rate for new customers has dropped to 2.15%

I've got to stop procrastinating ...
Jul 11, 2020
40 posts
6 upvotes
TelusSux wrote: The rate for new customers has dropped to 2.15%

I've got to stop procrastinating ...

Haha thought I was the only one, was looking at the promo yesterday with plans to enroll today and they decide to switch the rate overnight. Rip 0.35%....
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2332 posts
775 upvotes
I didn't realize till now you must open both a savings and chequing account. Could of swore in the past opening any account could get these types of deals.

Not sure if the credit pull happens when you setup your Tangerine profile or when you open the chequing account.
Aug 16, 2020
801 posts
146 upvotes
Is there a soft or hard credit check if i am new to tangerine and open its checking/savings anf tfsa/rrsp accounts..?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2189 posts
2005 upvotes
Ottawa
@newuserhere @iamdman

Tangerine only does a soft pull for checking and savings accounts. No hard pull, unless you apply for overdraft.
Aug 16, 2020
801 posts
146 upvotes
Dynatos wrote: @newuserhere @iamdman

Tangerine only does a soft pull for checking and savings accounts. No hard pull, unless you apply for overdraft.
Is it only true for branch opening or online as well?
I mean otherwise how do we skip overdraft if applying online..
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2189 posts
2005 upvotes
Ottawa
newuserhere wrote: Is it only true for branch opening or online as well?
I mean otherwise how do we skip overdraft if applying online..
I called before opening accounts a couple months ago. Tangerine confirmed that they only do a soft pull for new accounts.

My wife and I both applied online a couple of months ago. 2 people, 2 chequing, 2 savings, 2 TFSAs, 0 hard pulls.

As I recall, when you apply online there's a checkbox to apply for overdraft. Don't check it.
Jun 22, 2016
413 posts
298 upvotes
Not important
They cut this promo 6 days early out of nowhere. They changed it to October 7/8 instead of 14th. Thanks to their terrible marketing team, I missed out opening an account for my mother. Talked to tangerine and they won't do anything. They said they can change things whenever they want and the ads are not accurate. My opinion is never believe their ads. No good will, so I'll just cut and run after 5 months. oh well.
Jan 15, 2021
49 posts
34 upvotes
I don't mean to bump this thread up for no reason, but I got the 2.3% interest rate on savings account and $150 payroll bonus deposited today (both opened sometime in March/April 2021, and biweekly pay). Savings account rate boost is 5-6 months.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2245 posts
233 upvotes
Sorry for bumping this thread - is there any way around the payroll deposit? A family member signed up for the checking account with the current ongoing offer but lost his job recently before his payroll could be deposited. Just trying to find ways to fulfill the payroll deposit requirement if there is any other way.