Expired Hot Deals

[Tangerine] Tangerine 2.50% savings interest + $250 for payroll enrolment - if Raptors win

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 3:45 am
[OP]
Dec 1, 2017
222 posts
175 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…

[Tangerine] Tangerine 2.50% savings interest + $250 for payroll enrolment - if Raptors win

Deal Link:
Price:
$250
Savings:
bonus
Retailer:
Tangerine
More offers from Tangerine
When the Raptors win, you win.
Become a Client within 24 hours of a Raptors win, and you could earn $250*.

Here’s how this online offer works:

Earn 2.50% interest*
1 Become a new Client online within 24 hours of a Raptors NBA 2020 Playoffs win using the promo code RAPTORSWIN
2 Open your first eligible Savings Account and Chequing Account within 30 days
3 Earn 2.50% interest in your Savings Account for 5 months

+

Get a payroll Bonus of up to $250*
4 Complete steps 1 to 3
5 Add your payroll—have the first payroll direct deposit in your Chequing Account within 60 days of opening the Account
6 Keep your payroll direct deposits going into your Account for at least 3 straight months and you’ll earn a $250 Bonus after the 3rd month
7 Don’t worry, if you’ve entered the promo code RAPTORSWIN during the Playoffs but not within 24 hours of a Raptors win, you can still get a $200 payroll Bonus when you complete all the other steps

$250 is greater than the previous promotion of $200 but this time, you must enroll your payroll. No more option to use recurring pre-authorized payments.
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
164 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3206 posts
2980 upvotes
Mordor
does it stack with referral if sign up within 24 hours of raptors win?
Apr 19, 2020
113 posts
88 upvotes
Used to love tangerine but once the promo rate ends it's not very good
Nov 21, 2018
61 posts
46 upvotes
Markham
Are people generally happy with their checking features?
I just got dinged for dropping below min balance in TD checking acct and i'm ready to make a change.
Jun 17, 2005
288 posts
245 upvotes
Etobicoke
Tjklovesthisplace wrote: Used to love tangerine but once the promo rate ends it's not very good
Agree. Moved almost all my money out already. Bye bye Simplii. Bye bye Tangine. Who's next?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1618 posts
952 upvotes
shpinktaar wrote: Agree. Moved almost all my money out already. Bye bye Simplii. Bye bye Tangine. Who's next?
EQ?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5324 posts
3600 upvotes
leif20 wrote: Are people generally happy with their checking features?
I just got dinged for dropping below min balance in TD checking acct and i'm ready to make a change.
had the same thing happened last month with TD. Called them, and they refunded the fees. In these COVID days, I pay with plastic more than ever. This is huge YMMV though
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1756 posts
9395 upvotes
leif20 wrote: Are people generally happy with their checking features?
Been using for years, very happy with it. The experience you mentioned would be free on Tangerine - they have free overdraft, where you can dip into the negative on your Chequing account, you get an email/text msg, and as long as you top up the account before end of day midnight ET, there's no charge for the overdraft at all. I go into the negative on my chequing every month with my rent, and e-transfer myself from my HISA to top up the account the same day.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1078 posts
823 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP. We've been looking to move our checking and savings from TD for a month or so now, and this might help us pull the trigger.

We really want to free up the $5k opportunity cost from our TD AI, and at least it's 5 months at 2.5% at a time when the other savings account options are dropping premiums. 5 months @ 2.5%, then move everything to whomever's best at that point.

How is the process for setting up joint accounts? I've heard it's a bit of a pain in the butt - 2 separate accounts, then join them.
Might be better for us to open 2 separate accounts, take the $500, and then join them after 3 months.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1817 posts
1248 upvotes
condo
Personal banking perferances:
1) EQ bank - for online banking and promo rates
2) Tangerine - for daily banking
3) Scotiabank - for credit cards + safety deposit box
4) BMO - for USD MC and credit cards
5) Manulife - for promo rates
6) RBC - for RBC Avion Infinite Visa
7) Simplii - for promo rates
Dec 29, 2018
12 posts
16 upvotes
To where? Not sure any of the big 5 are any better (worse, actually), and I'm with a credit union but that's not any better either...the rest all charge fees.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8569 posts
3960 upvotes
Markham
Good deal

But I appreciate raptors more. How many deals they brought? Tangerine, mcdonalds ....
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1253 posts
528 upvotes
So basically bet $250 against the raptors, and if they lose you win, and if they win you get your money back.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1000 posts
144 upvotes
Ottawa
Are there actually anyone left on RFD without a Tangerine account?