Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Tangerine 2.50% savings interest + $250 for payroll enrolment - if Raptors win

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 3:45 am
Sr. Member
Aug 21, 2019
812 posts
561 upvotes
Ok signed up.
Do i need to wait till some time before the 2.5 savings interest kicks in?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7487 posts
1453 upvotes
Toronto
Set up an account but never saw a place to enter Raptorswin.

Now what can I do?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 22, 2007
7251 posts
7041 upvotes
Calgary
Anyone convinced Tangerine to offer this rate to existing customers?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7487 posts
1453 upvotes
Toronto
ShadowMordor wrote: does it stack with referral if sign up within 24 hours of raptors win?
They told me it's either/or, not stackable.

I mistakenly entered a referral code in the Referral Code box when I set up my wife's account.

Now there is no way they will let me enter the RAPTORSWIN Promo code. Idiots!

So I said cancel the account and I'll re-apply. No way, you can't create a new Tangerine account with that SIN within two years!!!

Beware! Don't make the same mistake I did.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 22, 2014
3432 posts
3441 upvotes
Mordor
Inno wrote: They told me it's either/or, not stackable.

I mistakenly entered a referral code in the Referral Code box when I set up my wife's account.

Now there is no way they will let me enter the RAPTORSWIN Promo code. Idiots!

So I said cancel the account and I'll re-apply. No way, you can't create a new Tangerine account with that SIN within two years!!!

Beware! Don't make the same mistake I did.
Yep, if you read the thread, somewhere down there i said i confirmed no stacking. sorry to hear.
Member
User avatar
Sep 15, 2019
439 posts
1475 upvotes
High
Opening an account was so simple and hassle free. Can someone confirm if CRA direct deposit or EQ direct deposit would count towards the bonus?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7487 posts
1453 upvotes
Toronto
ShadowMordor wrote: Yep, if you read the thread, somewhere down there i said i confirmed no stacking. sorry to hear.
It's too bad the box asked for Referral Code. There is no box labelled Promo Code or I would have entered the "raptorswin" code there.

I wasn't necessarily trying to game the system. I thought I'd find another box for Promo Code and the system would be just delete the referral code if it wasn't allowed, like most sites do. Super-annoying that I didn't have a chance to enter the Raptors code anywhere.

Hopefully nobody else made the same mistake I did.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 8, 2014
24043 posts
9549 upvotes
Socially Distanced
FYI, if you missed the Raptors promotion the code "Earnmore" will get you the same 2.5% interest and $200 for payroll (instead of $250).
https://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-page/earnmore
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Sr. Member
Aug 21, 2019
812 posts
561 upvotes
Did the direct deposit setup.
Not able to use interac e transfer to move more than $3000 to savings account from TD.
Have to go to the bank in person i guess
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 17, 2006
7010 posts
2788 upvotes
GTA
Quentin5 wrote: FYI, if you missed the Raptors promotion the code "Earnmore" will get you the same 2.5% interest and $200 for payroll (instead of $250).
https://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-page/earnmore
thanks.

Once you open the account does it confirm that your interest rate is 2.5% on the website?

To answer my own question looks like under account details it shows my promotional rate and date of expiry.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 5, 2006
7487 posts
1453 upvotes
Toronto
Stallion86 wrote: Did the direct deposit setup.
Not able to use interac e transfer to move more than $3000 to savings account from TD.
Have to go to the bank in person i guess
Some banks allow you to transfer larger amounts of you do it by phone.
Sr. Member
Aug 21, 2019
812 posts
561 upvotes
Inno wrote: Some banks allow you to transfer larger amounts of you do it by phone.
Went to the bank.
They advised to link td bank to tangerine and then initiate transfer
Member
Mar 12, 2015
262 posts
243 upvotes
North York, ON
So I closed my Tangerine account a few years ago and tried signing up for a new account using the promo code but an error message popped up about my SIN number. I called Tangerine and the rep said my profile stays in their system permanently and they are unable to ever delete my profile due to "tax reporting" purposes. Therefore, I can never ever be eligible for any new client promotions. I told him in that case, I will never ever open a Tangerine account again since I can't enjoy any new client promotions and that it was a policy unheard of at the other FI I work at where they wipe clients' records clean after they attrite. Tried to be referred to a manager but he kept saying there is nothing he can do. Is this truly the case of did I get an incompetent rep?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 22, 2007
7251 posts
7041 upvotes
Calgary
traxton wrote: So I closed my Tangerine account a few years ago and tried signing up for a new account using the promo code but an error message popped up about my SIN number. I called Tangerine and the rep said my profile stays in their system permanently and they are unable to ever delete my profile due to "tax reporting" purposes. Therefore, I can never ever be eligible for any new client promotions. I told him in that case, I will never ever open a Tangerine account again since I can't enjoy any new client promotions and that it was a policy unheard of at the other FI I work at where they wipe clients' records clean after they attrite. Tried to be referred to a manager but he kept saying there is nothing he can do. Is this truly the case of did I get an incompetent rep?
The rep is correct
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 9, 2006
2611 posts
1362 upvotes
YVR
traxton wrote: So I closed my Tangerine account a few years ago and tried signing up for a new account using the promo code but an error message popped up about my SIN number. I called Tangerine and the rep said my profile stays in their system permanently and they are unable to ever delete my profile due to "tax reporting" purposes. Therefore, I can never ever be eligible for any new client promotions. I told him in that case, I will never ever open a Tangerine account again since I can't enjoy any new client promotions and that it was a policy unheard of at the other FI I work at where they wipe clients' records clean after they attrite. Tried to be referred to a manager but he kept saying there is nothing he can do. Is this truly the case of did I get an incompetent rep?
Not sure what FI you work at, but last I checked that'd be very much against the law in Canada where information must be kept for "X" amount of years even after a client closes their accounts.

Now, how Tangerine structures their qualification of "new clients" us up to them. Some banks have a once and done policy, some have a 1 year, 3 year etc cool down period.
Zoomer Boomer
Member
Mar 12, 2015
262 posts
243 upvotes
North York, ON
TeriyakiJack wrote: Not sure what FI you work at, but last I checked that'd be very much against the law in Canada where information must be kept for "X" amount of years even after a client closes their accounts.

Now, how Tangerine structures their qualification of "new clients" us up to them. Some banks have a once and done policy, some have a 1 year, 3 year etc cool down period.
For most FIs I know, an attrited client can take advantage of a new client promotion 6-12months after attrition. Well, it's Tangerine's loss because I will not sign on for another account if I cannot be re-acquired under a new client promo.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1345 posts
1814 upvotes
leif20 wrote: Are people generally happy with their checking features?
I just got dinged for dropping below min balance in TD checking acct and i'm ready to make a change.
weird...never had that problem. What is your minimum balance on chequing acct?
I’ve always kept it around $2 and never hit any extra charges. I know if you don’t make any transactions they ding you so what I do is make sure to move money in and out of the account to show movement and avoid the fees.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 17, 2006
7010 posts
2788 upvotes
GTA
traxton wrote: So I closed my Tangerine account a few years ago and tried signing up for a new account using the promo code but an error message popped up about my SIN number. I called Tangerine and the rep said my profile stays in their system permanently and they are unable to ever delete my profile due to "tax reporting" purposes. Therefore, I can never ever be eligible for any new client promotions. I told him in that case, I will never ever open a Tangerine account again since I can't enjoy any new client promotions and that it was a policy unheard of at the other FI I work at where they wipe clients' records clean after they attrite. Tried to be referred to a manager but he kept saying there is nothing he can do. Is this truly the case of did I get an incompetent rep?
Interesting, i did the same and my account opened correctly.

i.e i closed my account couple or few years ago and i just set one up yesterday and everything went smoothly.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)