Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

Tangerine 2.50% savings interest + $250 for payroll enrolment - if Raptors win

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 3:45 am
Aug 21, 2019
998 posts
730 upvotes
MercHuntIsle wrote: RAPTORS WON a stressful 2OT thriller to force a game 7. This might be your last best chance to get the full incentives if you apply within 24 hrs. They might lose next game and that's it.
Thanks Op. Signed up and got the promotion when Raptors won the previous game.
So after 6 months any suggestions on a similar or better offer ?
Jul 16, 2019
330 posts
311 upvotes
did they win?
I'm self employed so how can i get the payroll bonus?
Banks always do credit checks etc and have so many rules, so IDK why they're considered nhot deals. Banks always screw me out of the promos.
Dec 16, 2007
205 posts
10 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have several questions for the Tangerine 2.5% interest for you guys who are more versatile with this.

So, the three conditions need to be met: a) enter RAPTORSWIN and create a new client number b) open a Savings account c) open a Chequing account. The terms and conditions state "The Promotional Rate will apply to deposits made to an Eligible Client’s Applicable Savings Account(s) for 153 days (5 months) beginning on the date all Offer Qualifying Conditions have been met (the "Promotion Period")"

Questions:

a) the moment you open the Chequing account, the 2.5% interest starts to accrue, even if you have 0 dollars in your Savings account, am I right?
b) when should I deposit the money in the Savings account, after I open the Chequing account not before, right? But that would mean that one does not get 5 months of interest, but rather 5 months of interest minus the amount of days it takes for the transfer to complete!
c) is interest accrued when the money is on hold?

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32135 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
dana_2 wrote: But that would mean that one does not get 5 months of interest, but rather 5 months of interest minus the amount of days it takes for the transfer to complete!
Correct.
Call the call center and arrange it to make sure you get the 2.5% for as much of the 5 months as you can before you open any accounts
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Aug 12, 2020
21 posts
3 upvotes
lifewithjson wrote: Just signed up... Is there a way to see your rate on the savings account and to confirm you have the 2.5%?
I put $100 in there just to see, but I can't seem to find rate.
On the app select your savings account and in the drop down which by default should be transactions, select account details. Then scroll down and it'll say the promo rate and when it ends.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2004
1070 posts
334 upvotes
Mississauga
I gave up on Tangerine.

Account got locked after initiating deposit to link accounts.

Than called in, after 1 hour wait they wanted my DL, T4 and some statements emailed to them. Was some random shr-verifications email. No way with so many data breach and phishing scams.

Another 30 min to close my 2 day old account.
Phone: Koodo LG G3
Dec 1, 2017
274 posts
210 upvotes
RaptorsLeafsBlueJays…
And with the loss, Raps are done for the season. This deal has now ended!
Do or do not. There is no try. --Yoda
Triumph starts with a "try" and ends with an... "OOMPH!" --Memphis and Mumble
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Tangerine has an unadvertised Retention offer of 1.6% for 5 months to retain existing members.

Better than nothing if you didn't get in on the RAPTORSWIN promo.

Have to call in and complain about their lousy interest rates, then ask to get a callback from someone who can do better, or you'll withdraw all your money.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32135 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Inno wrote: Tangerine has an unadvertised Retention offer of 1.6% for 5 months to retain existing members.
How do you know this is official policy and not a one off?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: How do you know this is official policy and not a one off?
I don't know how "official" it is, just that I got it when I called and threatened to pull my cash out. It's not great compared to Raptorswin, but thought I'd mention it here as a possibility.

I'm expecting the usual Simplii Fall promo to be better than this, so I'll move my cash back over there if/when that comes up.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32135 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Inno wrote: I don't know how "official" it is, just that I got it when I called and threatened to pull my cash out. It's not great compared to Raptorswin, but thought I'd mention it here as a possibility.
Fair enough. Was it a large amount of cash that would have swayed them to make you this offer?
I'm expecting the usual Simplii Fall promo to be better than this, so I'll move my cash back over there if/when that comes up.
I have noticed they often overlap their effective date so if you had money in the last promo and move it out moving it back in doesn't work. You can only take advantage of every other offer to get the promotion on the full amount.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: Fair enough. Was it a large amount of cash that would have swayed them to make you this offer?

I have noticed they often overlap their effective date so if you had money in the last promo and move it out moving it back in doesn't work. You can only take advantage of every other offer to get the promotion on the full amount.
Yes it was pretty large, medium six-figures. Also I had to turn down the first-level rep's offer of 1.5% for 60 days to get to the Retention dept.

The moving in and out is tricky. I've been pretty lucky this year going from BMO to DUCA to Tangerine without a low-interest spell.

The annoying thing about Tangerine is that the best promos are only for new subscribers. With Simplii it's "new money", so you can keep using the same account.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32135 posts
15416 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Inno wrote: Yes it was pretty large, medium six-figures. Also I had to turn down the first-level rep's offer of 1.5% for 60 days to get to the Retention dept.

The moving in and out is tricky. I've been pretty lucky this year going from BMO to DUCA to Tangerine without a low-interest spell.
That is quite impressive.
The annoying thing about Tangerine is that the best promos are only for new subscribers. With Simplii it's "new money", so you can keep using the same account.
That is true enough, though i do expect a new Simplii promo will have a start date before the Aug 31 so money that was in there won't get the promo rate.
How do you move large amounts, i found with Tangerine they wouldn't connect the accounts until my access card arrives and is activated which they said takes up to a couple weeks, and Interac E-transfer is only 3k max/day.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: That is quite impressive.

That is true enough, though i do expect a new Simplii promo will have a start date before the Aug 31 so money that was in there won't get the promo rate.
How do you move large amounts, i found with Tangerine they wouldn't connect the accounts until my access card arrives and is activated which they said takes up to a couple weeks, and Interac E-transfer is only 3k max/day.
I got my card pretty quickly, less than a week I think. Maybe depends on how busy they are, or how far they have to ship from their headquarters. I'm in Toronto.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7236 posts
3052 upvotes
GTA
kasm wrote: New deal is now 2.5% and $200 bonus until Oct 14 using code EARNMORE.

tangerine-tangerine-2-50-savings-intere ... t-2402732/
It is not "new" per se, @Quentin5 posted it on september 4th:
Quentin5 wrote: FYI, if you missed the Raptors promotion the code "Earnmore" will get you the same 2.5% interest and $200 for payroll (instead of $250).
https://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-page/earnmore
Dec 16, 2007
205 posts
10 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dana_2 wrote: c) is interest accrued when the money is on hold?
Answer to this question is: YES!
Jul 16, 2019
330 posts
311 upvotes
EQ bank does no credit check and has ongoing 1.7% interested and $50 referral. I think thats the highest ongoing interest? But it's subject to change. Or is there a higher ongoing rate?
Think you should just put all your money to sit in TQQQ [in stock market] earn 30-300% /year if no crash.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
7236 posts
3052 upvotes
GTA
chay9220 wrote: EQ bank does no credit check and has ongoing 1.7% interested and $50 referral. I think thats the highest ongoing interest? But it's subject to change. Or is there a higher ongoing rate?
Think you should just put all your money to sit in TQQQ [in stock market] earn 30-300% /year if no crash.
Canadian tire does hard pull and its 1.8% and if you have their credit etc its 0.2% more so 2.0%
Aug 26, 2005
336 posts
116 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
I have a question for those whose mailing address on Tangerine is different from their home address.

To which address do they send the cards and statements?
Last edited by canadianhub on Sep 30th, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can send me a message using this Google Form