Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

Tangerine 2.8% Interest Promo on Savings Account until Aug 31 on ALL deposits (Targeted)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2022 7:58 pm
Aug 13, 2018
421 posts
471 upvotes

[Tangerine] Tangerine 2.8% Interest Promo on Savings Account until Aug 31 on ALL deposits (Targeted)

Expiry:
August 31, 2022
Retailer:
Tangerine
More offers from Tangerine
MODS PLEASE DO NOT MERGE. THIS IS DIFFERENT THAN
2-8-until-july-31-2022-new-deposits-sav ... d-2529168/

Similar to the thread posted earlier in the month, Tangerine emailed me about a 2.8% savings account promo interest rate offer until Aug 31, 2022! This is for the ENTIRE account up to $5 million on CAD balances only on non-registered accounts, not just on new money.

Full terms and conditions
https://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-pag ... be79d4d6f2
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 4th, 2022 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
154 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2012
1429 posts
100 upvotes
porksoda wrote: I had called in today, no dice on the promotion. I was on the 1.6% till March 31st.
Same thing happened to me but I was offered 2.25%
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2009
3540 posts
879 upvotes
Don't be nosey
I had to make sure mine wasn’t on new deposits. Also feel like I won!
PSN: RunOrDie226
add me!
Mar 28, 2008
629 posts
415 upvotes
Be careful if your line of credit has less than 2.6% interest and you want to transfer to savings, transfer to external account first. At least transfer to chequing first. Direct transfer from line of credit didn't count as deposit from previous campaigns.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8517 posts
6261 upvotes
ngold wrote: Be careful if your line of credit has less than 2.6% interest and you want to transfer to savings, transfer to external account first. At least transfer to chequing first. Direct transfer from line of credit didn't count as deposit from previous campaigns.
Shouldn’t be a problem with this promotion because it’s for existing/new money where previous promotion usually for new money only
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2017
1733 posts
1797 upvotes
I got told a couple of weeks ago by Tangerine I’d get this. Activation email came through at 11pm last night, no idea why they always make us activate these deals instead of just outright offering it, and having the email go out near the end of the first day seems sus. Canadian banks, always making us work for our money
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2199 posts
4615 upvotes
Mississauga
Did not get the previous email, but was surprised to receive the invitation at around 9:45 pm ET. My previous 1.6% promotion had just ended, so definitely "wind beneath the wings".
Telus $30/75gb US-Canada Plan x 3 lines, $10/Talk& Text line - 24 mths
VVM, 2000 LD minutes, CAN-Int'l Text ($0), 0$ AppleWatch, 5$ CAN-US only Tablet
Rogers $48.99 /24 mths, Ignite 1.5G internet
CIBC, Tang and EQ
Deal Addict
May 2, 2017
1766 posts
3653 upvotes
Anyone tried calling in to request rates applied to tfsa?

Have tfsa back to regular and contemplating whether to move out to non-registered (2.8% taxed), or to transfer to eq tfsa gic (3yr 3.35%) with 50$ fee, or tangerine tfsa gic (1.5yr 2.5%).

Edit. Called in, no waiting time, said no promo for tfsa at the moment...
Feb 1, 2008
895 posts
117 upvotes
How come I never get these promotions? Do people need to meet a certain threshold before getting targeted for these offers?
Apr 19, 2020
759 posts
1215 upvotes
langley
dubjk wrote: How come I never get these promotions? Do people need to meet a certain threshold before getting targeted for these offers?
Same some times I call and they give it but never got one I guess they didn't want my money
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2003
3553 posts
1018 upvotes
Vancouver
I turned down their 2.25% offer and they said someone would call me back. Does this mean I'm a player?
Aug 26, 2011
574 posts
400 upvotes
Got 2.8% on current account and new deposits and GF got 2% offer on new deposits only. Waiting for an EQ promo to move her money back out
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29132 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
BoxsterS wrote: I turned down their 2.25% offer and they said someone would call me back. Does this mean I'm a player?
Player, yes.

Winner, to be determined ;)

Let us know how it goes.
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 25, 2015
139 posts
290 upvotes
Simcoe, ON
I got the email on March 17th saying I qualified for the 2.8% promotional interest starting April 1st. It said to look for the email on April 1 to activate.

No email April 1.

I called today to activate the offer. They we're unable to activate and had to open up a case. I was told to check back in 3-5 days.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
2367 posts
1448 upvotes
Sarnia
No interest in this offer or this bank as of now. I remember when I signed up they wanted to put a hold on my deposits for two weeks to a month. Are they kidding? Safe to say I never continued to use the account. I use Simplii instead.
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10746 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
chris416yyz wrote: no idea why they always make us activate these deals instead of just outright offering it
First they want to keep you engaged with their account (and not other banks) since it is a very competitive field. 2nd they want you to activate it because they could have a better promo available in 2 months with the way rates will be skyrocketing this year and they don't want people claiming they never agreed to the 1st promo. And they definitely do not want to keep improving the rates for people already on promo.

They are changing their ways though, in past years you would get a 3 month promo rate maybe twice a year and no other promo for the rest, this is the 1st time I have seen them offer a subsequent promo for people already on promo with advance warning. And RFD effect with people jumping deposit ships probably had something to do with that.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge