Tangerine HISA 1.75% Offer - Targeted

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 12:01 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2951 posts
1366 upvotes
Markham
Lol when you call they ask you to do live money transaction before giving you any half decent rate these days, so yeah always just move your money out before promo ends and wait for a little bit
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Nov 21, 2012
328 posts
179 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Nothing for me either, but don't care much. At least I can use the 1.8% @ CT for HIS & 2.3% @ EQ for TFSA for now.
Aug 21, 2011
22 posts
7 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Is this for TFSA OR RSP only or can be regular savings account?
Jan 31, 2020
101 posts
110 upvotes
Called in today and was offered 1.3% on savings. Declined and will transfer out for now
Nov 24, 2013
32 posts
39 upvotes
philinux wrote: Is this for TFSA OR RSP only or can be regular savings account?
For me, it was for my regular savings account and TFSA
Feb 27, 2012
72 posts
44 upvotes
WEST VANCOUVER
Nothing in my insights. Sigh. Going to try calling in
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
2030 posts
1855 upvotes
BlackXstar wrote: Move money out and waiting. Usually it will come.
DealCanuck wrote: This is what you do
I usually park/move $$ from saving account(s) into Tangerine Chequeing at the end of the promo (last day of the mth or the first day after the promo ends).
I wait for the next(new) promo as it usually comes randomally either 3rd or 4th day of the mth. For the past promo, I wait for 7-8 days before Tangerine send an email.
If none, I just do the transfer out wherever the rate of returns is higher than Tangerine's.

Interesting to note that Tangerine tends to skip a mth or two before offering another promo.
If one has a fixed term deposit and directly transfered to savings after its maturity, this amount will not qualify for the bonus interest.
True or False
Ninety-nine percent of all lawyers give the rest a bad name.
Nov 11, 2019
26 posts
13 upvotes
Finally got an offer again, 1.75 it is I guess. I'll take it.
Oct 17, 2008
749 posts
309 upvotes
Earth
This is better than the 0.1% at simplii and 0.8% tangerine 270 days GIC!!!Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Aug 6, 2019
113 posts
126 upvotes
Ontario
Tangerine never gives me anything. I'm getting bitter
May 10, 2018
127 posts
120 upvotes
How does this snapshot work?

I got the promo but didn’t accept it yet. Can i move money out now, accept the promo and then move the money back and get the rate on that money?
Nov 19, 2014
30 posts
13 upvotes
BC
AlexJosh wrote: Lol when you call they ask you to do live money transaction before giving you any half decent rate these days, so yeah always just move your money out before promo ends and wait for a little bit
No insight for me so I'm going to give this a try.
Jan 26, 2009
23 posts
14 upvotes
Ottawa
So sick of the Tangerine promo game. Since the new year I've had 3 Tangerine GICs mature. Each time I've waited a day then transferred out to EQ Bank. If their retention promo algorithm isn't smart enough to catch that pattern, I'm not going to phone them and beg.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2280 posts
2415 upvotes
Toronto
Today I called in as I did not get the new promo and the rate I was given was 1.4%. I mentioned other banks giving at least 1.5%, but unfortunately the representative was not able to match that.

I will aslo be moving my money out, no way am I sticking around for the regular rate of 0.1%. The lottery promo rates appear to be just a bit higher than the call in rates anyway.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
7867 posts
3987 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
MrFinancial wrote: Tangerine never gives me anything. I'm getting bitter
Same here BUT finally got this!!

Been a few years I think since was offered a promo... and never used that as it was laughable.
2022: BOC raised 2 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017 to 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
May 4, 2010
137 posts
65 upvotes
I got the offer but is this annual rate? If it is, that’s quite pathetic.
Jul 27, 2018
169 posts
90 upvotes
Isn't there transactional fees to limit the mobility of your cash?
I have $$ w RBC
&
I just open a simplii acct for the 2%.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
1599 posts
1273 upvotes
Ontario
jeandoe wrote: I got the offer but is this annual rate? If it is, that’s quite pathetic.
Stated rates are always annual. It isn't a bad rate at this time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)