Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Tangerine HISA 1.75% Offer - Targeted

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2021 12:01 pm
May 4, 2010
137 posts
65 upvotes
profile wrote: Stated rates are always annual. It isn't a bad rate at this time.
Well, just buy some index then call it a day. With the current speed of government money printing, you are actually losing money with that rate.
Aug 6, 2019
113 posts
126 upvotes
Ontario
georvu wrote: Same here BUT finally got this!!

Been a few years I think since was offered a promo... and never used that as it was laughable.
Wow i checked mine and i actually did, look on desktop not mobile
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2332 posts
775 upvotes
Nothing for my wife and my account. I think I might convert my account to joint then open up a new account in my name only to get the special rate offer.
Aug 24, 2010
764 posts
277 upvotes
If you have a lot of contribution room in your TFSA still, check out EQ banks 2.3% interest rate for holding money in their TFSA
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3373 posts
3852 upvotes
I was able to get 2% offer a few weeks ago. Same thing the previous year.
For Sale:
Apr 23, 2016
133 posts
45 upvotes
Montr
vencc wrote: If you have a lot of contribution room in your TFSA still, check out EQ banks 2.3% interest rate for holding money in their TFSA
2.3% not bad at all these days... Does it work for QC yet? Any sign up bonus with referral or something?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
1721 posts
1312 upvotes
Pickering
Activated this yesterday. Thanks, OP. And what's funny about it is, it suddenly popped up on my acct after I moved all of my savings to EQBank - so maybe that triggered it? Lol.
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Apr 2, 2015
345 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got this promo. If I move my money out of my Tangerine savings into my Tangerine Chequings will that money be eligible if I activate the offer and then move it back to my savings?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3373 posts
3852 upvotes
HeyHowYaDoin wrote: Got this promo. If I move my money out of my Tangerine savings into my Tangerine Chequings will that money be eligible if I activate the offer and then move it back to my savings?
Curious about that as well, for next time. Surely, they cannot be that stupid.
For Sale:
Jan 10, 2006
639 posts
482 upvotes
HeyHowYaDoin wrote: Got this promo. If I move my money out of my Tangerine savings into my Tangerine Chequings will that money be eligible if I activate the offer and then move it back to my savings?
Read the details of the offer. New money is defined as funds in excess of the balance at a specific date before the offer.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2006
1087 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Haven't received an offer in 8 months. Might be time to pull savings out of Tangerine.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2332 posts
775 upvotes
iamdman wrote: Nothing for my wife and my account. I think I might convert my account to joint then open up a new account in my name only to get the special rate offer.
This will not work I just verified. They will convert one of the accounts under my profile to joint, they don't open up a third profile.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 5, 2006
7574 posts
4447 upvotes
Global Village
Got the offer also and activated it, might as well move my $ from 2.3% Simplii to 1.75% Tangerine for April, May if nothing better comes along.
All day I dream about sports

My Banks: Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii
May 16, 2012
189 posts
94 upvotes
Markham
thelasthunter wrote: I was able to get 2% offer a few weeks ago. Same thing the previous year.
Nice...

How did you get it?... Was it automatically given to you or did you call in?
FC
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3373 posts
3852 upvotes
fyhchan wrote: Nice...

How did you get it?... Was it automatically given to you or did you call in?
Yeah, under insights both times. I probably waited around 6-8 months before getting it again. In general, I dislike the idiosyncratic nature of these offers, because we don't really know what criteria they are using, why 2% for me, 1.7% for others etc. There's a lack of transparency and of course that's the way they prefer it.

Off-topic, but guys, what are your thoughts on Tangerine's website security? Seems pretty weak to me. Shouldn't they have at least multi-factor authentication when you login? I guess I'm a bit paranoid.
For Sale:
Apr 28, 2014
276 posts
148 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I called Tangerine to ask for this or any other rate beyond the 0.1% they give standard. The agent offered me 0.6% on a GIC, advised I move my cash into my Tangerine account and then see if I am targeted (his word, I didn't use it) for something, then blamed the marketing team for everything.

I have no illusions about the fact that I am not a very valuable customer to them, but I've had promotions in the past, the agent could see that I have done a bit of the game in terms of moving money between them and Simplii, and I would again.

Anyway, long story short, I think I'll just finally go with EQ.
May 13, 2011
162 posts
105 upvotes
Scarborough
Does anyone know or have past experience if whether money from a TFSA GIC (started before promo period) that matured into TFSA Savings during the promotional period will count as new deposit? I couldn't find an example of this in the Offer Terms examples or list of exclusions.
Feb 20, 2019
176 posts
674 upvotes
Montreal
FYI I was on a promo rate of 1.7% expiring on Jan 31st. Saw they extended it to March 17th without having to call. I know it's just 1.5 months more, but still.