Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

Tangerine Mastercard 15% cashback up to $150 + $100 Interac e-Transfer = $250.00

Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2804 posts
2251 upvotes
GTA
EnderWiggins wrote: I almost exclusively use my MasterCard for Costco, any idea what category that falls into?
Purchased online, seems to fall into the groceries category.
Images
  • Screenshot_20211027-172954_Tangerine.jpg
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Dec 18, 2019
487 posts
303 upvotes
Calgary
moulamou wrote:
Purchased online, seems to fall into the groceries category.
If you go into the details of one of those transactions - it will actually show you that the cashback category is Other or whatever they call it.

Also don't know whether you have Groceries as your 2% category or not, but your cashback from Costco is 0.5% as per the screenshot.
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2477 posts
1102 upvotes
randomroyalty wrote: Thanks OP! Went with GCR and got approved right away.

FYI accidental damage and extended warranty does not exclude factory refurbished… planning to use to buy a MacBook Air Apple refurb and save $260 + the usual cash back. Too bad computers/electronics isn’t a category!
It does exclude refurbished for the cell phone insurance on the world card though
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2804 posts
2251 upvotes
GTA
Metalheart wrote: If you go into the details of one of those transactions - it will actually show you that the cashback category is Other or whatever they call it.

Also don't know whether you have Groceries as your 2% category or not, but your cashback from Costco is 0.5% as per the screenshot.
You are correct. It is other at 0.5%
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1473 posts
1178 upvotes
Montreal
cbt123 wrote: It does exclude refurbished for the cell phone insurance on the world card though
Good point, missed that!
Jun 25, 2004
317 posts
73 upvotes
pkthree wrote: Does the cash back offer expire at the same time as the Tangerine offer? Sometimes the dates don't match.
I emailed High Interest Savings and they confirmed that the cash back offer does indeed run through November 30 just like the Tangerine offer.
Jul 31, 2021
89 posts
43 upvotes
asbraich wrote: GCR is offering $110, plus you get an extra 15-25% if you refer yourself.
How do you refer yourself?
Jan 8, 2021
141 posts
166 upvotes
That’s the label you gave it not Mastercard lol
Dec 1, 2019
283 posts
293 upvotes
Greater Vancouver
smouldering wrote: How do you refer yourself?
Click refer. Copy the link to a new browser. Make another account.
Feb 8, 2017
24 posts
10 upvotes
Signed up through GCR - anyone know when I can expect any confirmation that I had applied through GCR? (I've already been approved, but my "Current Rebates" page is empty).
Jun 25, 2004
317 posts
73 upvotes
On both GCR and HIS I've seen confirmation come through within 1-2 weeks.
Jun 3, 2008
101 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver
VinCam wrote: Signed up through GCR - anyone know when I can expect any confirmation that I had applied through GCR? (I've already been approved, but my "Current Rebates" page is empty).
I got instant approval for the card, and got GCR email confirmation in 2 days. Which is probably the fastest I've ever gotten.
Nov 5, 2021
7 posts
2 upvotes
Milton
Do I need to open a chequing or savings account Tangerine in order to get the credit card? I'm just wondering about the text "Money-Back Rewards are deposited into your Account every month" and I don't really need another bank account.
Nov 5, 2021
7 posts
2 upvotes
Milton
miltonbib wrote: Do I need to open a chequing or savings account Tangerine in order to get the credit card? I'm just wondering about the text "Money-Back Rewards are deposited into your Account every month" and I don't really need another bank account.
Found the answer! The savings account is not required, although they entice you to get it because then you get a third 2% category.
May 5, 2009
375 posts
70 upvotes
Where do I find whats accepted for 15% cash back? Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6609 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
I think you can buy any categories for the first $1000, and all of your purchase would be qualified for the extra bonus.

But not sure when Tangerine will add those extra bonus to your account
Nov 5, 2021
7 posts
2 upvotes
Milton
If I'm interpreting this correctly, the fine print says it will take effectively 3-4 months from account opening to get the bonus $150:
The Offer Bonus of 15% (up to $150) will be credited to the Primary Cardholder’s Account within 1–2 statement cycles after the 60-day promotional period provided the Account is open and in Good Standing at time of payout.
Sep 24, 2020
42 posts
40 upvotes
What counts as everyday purchases for the 15% cb? Is it any purchase or specific items?
Nov 5, 2021
7 posts
2 upvotes
Milton
Tangerine's 15% cash back deal expiry appears to have been extended until January 31, 2022. Good for me, as I'd put this off.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)