Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Tangerine Mastercard (World and Money-Back) new applicants - Extra 10% back up to $100 + $100 GCR

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2022 11:44 am
Member
Dec 18, 2019
371 posts
268 upvotes
Calgary
Elfwood wrote: when does the 10% bonus cash back post? I crossed 1K spend within the first month of getting the card.
I think people mentioned that it will be on your second statement, but I am not entirely sure. Still my first month of using the card.
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Newbie
Aug 25, 2018
3 posts
6 upvotes
Metalheart wrote: I think people mentioned that it will be on your second statement, but I am not entirely sure. Still my first month of using the card.
I didn't get it yet...got second statement recently
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 5, 2006
1568 posts
7103 upvotes
This card is a pain to close. Tangerine phone wait times are long and their agents not the most competent. I called to close my card two weeks ago, and it still hasn't been done. Tired Face
Sr. Member
Jun 12, 2015
668 posts
327 upvotes
Mississauga
Anybody get a pre-approval from tangerine?
Says I get a promotional offer of 15% cash back on $1000.

Would this stack with offer mentioned from OP
Or would signing through the link void the 15%
Images
  • Screenshot_20210826-123003_Gmail.jpg
Member
Sep 17, 2007
408 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
For those applying through GCR, is logging in to existing Tangerine account the first step if we are already a client?
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 13, 2008
71 posts
13 upvotes
Elfwood wrote: when does the 10% bonus cash back post? I crossed 1K spend within the first month of getting the card.
My obligation was fulfill in the first month and got bonus only after 3rd statement.
Member
Dec 13, 2003
468 posts
354 upvotes
I pay for my daughter's daycare with a credit card.
Would this fall under - Recurring Bill Payments?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
6747 posts
3864 upvotes
kups wrote: I pay for my daughter's daycare with a credit card.
Would this fall under - Recurring Bill Payments?
It may or may not, depending how the daycare process the payment. Just try it once to test it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
6747 posts
3864 upvotes
lekkel wrote: For those applying through GCR, is logging in to existing Tangerine account the first step if we are already a client?
technically the 2nd step, if you count clicking from GCR as the first step. yes, after clicking from GCR link and transferred to Tangerine link, you have to sign in to your Tangerine acct.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
1323 posts
467 upvotes
I see the 10% bonus cash back offer on the card application page. But it's not mentioned anywhere on the letter that came with my card, their online banking website or app. Is that normal?
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Newbie
Feb 25, 2015
39 posts
17 upvotes
QC
Hey guys, a little question for those who applied for the card.

How long did it take between the application and the approval?

And once approved, how long until they ship the card?

Thank you!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
1323 posts
467 upvotes
van13red wrote: Hey guys, a little question for those who applied for the card.

How long did it take between the application and the approval?

And once approved, how long until they ship the card?

Thank you!
It was instant approval for me. Card arrived within a week.
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Newbie
Mar 11, 2014
45 posts
17 upvotes
Applied and was approved over a week ago, still no $100 credit showing up on my GCR account... first time using GCR, any suggestions?
Member
Dec 18, 2019
371 posts
268 upvotes
Calgary
fergieonline wrote: Applied and was approved over a week ago, still no $100 credit showing up on my GCR account... first time using GCR, any suggestions?
A friend of mine had the same issue - looks like his click wasn't registered. He emailed GCR and they manually gave him $100 to his GCR account. Maybe try that route.
In Heavy Metal We Trust
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2833 posts
2091 upvotes
Looks like GCR rebate now up to $110, along with the 10% on first $1000 spend within 60 days of card activation. I applied but they need to review my application? Does anyone know how long this process takes and if any documentation is required from me?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 18, 2004
968 posts
382 upvotes
First time Tangerine user here. Does anybody know where I can see my total money rewards accumulated in my account?
How can I see whether the 10% has been applied to my account?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2009
1323 posts
467 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Looks like GCR rebate now up to $110, along with the 10% on first $1000 spend within 60 days of card activation. I applied but they need to review my application? Does anyone know how long this process takes and if any documentation is required from me?
I'd think each application is unique. You will hear from them if they need further info/docs.
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2833 posts
2091 upvotes
beeknight wrote: I'd think each application is unique. You will hear from them if they need further info/docs.
They did end up approving the application without asking for further details two days afterwards. Just waiting for the card in the mail!

Top