Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

tangerine money-back credit card 15% back (upto $300)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2021 11:21 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
5494 posts
3483 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
DarkFrost wrote: But do I need to be a customer of tangerine to get that or any new user would get that offer?
I got the offer from my account, so I guess you would need to be a member.
Alterna Bank Thread
Stock Thread

TFSA Portfolio: AEM|ATD|BAM.A|BCE|BIP.UN|CCL.B|CNQ|CNR|CTC.A|ENB|FCD.UN|FN|FTS|FTT|GSY|IFC|IMO|MFC|MG|MRU|NA|NET.UN|SJ|T
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8945 posts
1503 upvotes
TO
Messerschmitt wrote: I played it very safe and didn't use GCR, and did not upgrade to world. The risk does not outbenefit the 50-70 extra but lose all $300 for easy 2000 spending.

And the other offer, 5000 for $250, you have to spend at least 5000 or get nothing.
Didn't use GCR applied directly through insight and did see a credit hit next day. Was upgraded to world while applying.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Apr 1, 2020
2 posts
3 upvotes
My personal experience with this promotion was a strange one but looks to have been a win-win for me.

Like many others here, I received the email offer of 15% cashback and the 0% for 6 months BT offer. I thought about applying for the offer through the GCR link but decided against it because of the uncertainty of getting the right offer based on posts on here at the time. (early March) When I followed the link through my email offer logged in and applied I only saw the $250 on $5000 spend offer on the Tangerine site; I figured, 'whatever, I got the offer email so here goes nothing', and applied. I was approved and then soon after I noticed that I had a $55 rebate for Tangerine credited to me on CSR which at first baffled me, then I looked closer and noticed it was a rebate based on a click that I had made to Tangerine back in November of 2018 when I applied and was declined! I had to wait over two weeks for my card to arrive and when it did, the documentation enclosed with the mailer had no details of my bonus offers so I decided to call CS for some clarification. After a 45 minute wait on the phone a very friendly CS rep confirmed that I did indeed have the 25% offer active on my card account - as well as the 0% BT offer which she reminded me was expiring within 30 days of account approval.

So my take away:

1. You can have your GCR cake and eat it too, apparently.
2. GCR click throughs can hang around for a very, very long time so know your click history, lol.

Hope this helps. :D
Apr 1, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
Question, if I spend at Costco that gives just 0.5% cashback, under this deal I would get 15.5% (0.5%+15%) cash back? When they use "everyday purchase" I automatically assume it's only for those 2% categories we've chosen...
Apr 1, 2020
2 posts
3 upvotes
That sounds correct. The original email offer mentioned that the 15% was in addition to any category bonus. (ie in addition to either the 2% or .5% regular cash back)
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3864 upvotes
According to T&C the 3 month 15% bonus period starts 90 days after card is activated, not application, correct?

So if I activate end of April, I would have end of July?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
2326 posts
1504 upvotes
Markham
ZendlesS wrote: Is the 15% limited to certain categories?
I was told all purchases qualify, categories is just to determine whether you earn the basic 0.5% or 2%, bonus % is on top.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1062 posts
1405 upvotes
savemoresaveoften wrote: I was told all purchases qualify, categories is just to determine whether you earn the basic 0.5% or 2%, bonus % is on top.
So this means we get the half or 2% + 15%?

Any one know if we have a category selected for 2% and it's listed as that category, can we dispute why it's only given half% instead of 2%? For example, I chose grocery and my Costco purchase (actual groceries, not gas nor tires) shows up under that category but I only rec'd half%.

cheers,
:)
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
2326 posts
1504 upvotes
Markham
klamchowder wrote: So this means we get the half or 2% + 15%?

Any one know if we have a category selected for 2% and it's listed as that category, can we dispute why it's only given half% instead of 2%? For example, I chose grocery and my Costco purchase (actual groceries, not gas nor tires) shows up under that category but I only rec'd half%.

cheers,
Mastercard dont consider Walmart or Costco as groceries category
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1062 posts
1405 upvotes
Good to know, thx!

Tangerine classifications on my transactions page do that's why I was confused.

cheers,
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8945 posts
1503 upvotes
TO
Messerschmitt wrote: According to T&C the 3 month 15% bonus period starts 90 days after card is activated, not application, correct?

So if I activate end of April, I would have end of July?
Card needs to be actvd within 45 days from approval date -I intend to activate on around that date too so I can utilize the full 92 days from activation (my app was 3/31, last day of offer to accept).....I've pasted the terms here for all of us to utilize in future
*The Tangerine 15% Limited Time Promotional Offer (the “Offer”) is available to select existing Tangerine Clients who have received this communication about the Offer directly from Tangerine and who (i) apply for a Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card (the “Account”) by March 31, 2020, (ii) within 45 days of approval activate their Account, and (iii) have up to a maximum of $2,000 in total Net Purchases posted to their Account within the 92-day period beginning on the date the Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card is activated. “Net Purchases” include purchases charged to the Account (less any refunds, returns or other similar credits) but do not include payments, Cash Advances (including Balance Transfers and Cash-Like Transactions), interest, fees, insurance premiums, adjustments or other charges. The Offer bonus of 15% (up to $300) will be credited to the Primary Cardholder’s Account within 1-2 statement cycles after the 92-day promotional period provided the Account is open and in Good Standing at time of payout. Limit of one Offer per eligible Client. This Offer is non-transferable. Offer may be changed, cancelled or extended at any time. All other Account terms, including the Tangerine Money-Back Rewards program terms, remain unchanged and continue to apply. See the Tangerine Credit Card Cardholder Agreement for more details, including definitions of any capitalized terms.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3864 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: Card needs to be actvd within 45 days from approval date -I intend to activate on around that date too so I can utilize the full 92 days from activation (my app was 3/31, last day of offer to accept).....I've pasted the terms here for all of us to utilize in future
Yep, will be activating after 1st of May once CIBC dividend 4% expires
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3923 upvotes
Toronto and London
Called and lady said I do qualify but didn't exactly say it's on my account. So we have to hope that they honour it after 3 mths.
Jan 24, 2010
194 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
Bwucewee wrote: I have already upgraded to the World through the app. I received and activated my card. Called into Tangerine (which was a long wait) and the rep confirmed that I have the 15%/2000 min spend associated to my card and that the bonus would be paid 1 to 2 statement cycles after the first 3 months.
Great! I was about to call in to inquire when I would receive the 15% cashback bonus. I will hang tight for a couple of months. Cheers
Jun 1, 2006
546 posts
91 upvotes
NB
DYUEster wrote: Great! I was about to call in to inquire when I would receive the 15% cashback bonus. I will hang tight for a couple of months. Cheers
I called and was told 15% bonus would be paid out after 92 days...and the wait begins
Jan 24, 2010
194 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
duraikmurugan wrote: I went through GCR and accepted the World upgrade. I called Tangering after activating my card and the rep confirmed that the 15% CB promo is linked to my account. It could take 1 or 2 bill cycles after 92 day period for the promo CB to be credited.
Out of curiosity, does the 15% CB bonus appear on the account details / rewards tab?
Mar 11, 2013
715 posts
731 upvotes
Brampton
DYUEster wrote: Out of curiosity, does the 15% CB bonus appear on the account details / rewards tab?
The promo appears in the banner after you login. If not, sometimes it appears under insights. If you are asking about the cash back itself, you need to wait 92 days for it to be credited to savings account or statement.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1447 posts
1263 upvotes
Ontario
dietertong wrote: I got the pre-approval but after applying was not approved....Doesn't make sense to me, credit is in good standing according to TransUnion so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hoob wrote: Congratulations! You Got Tangerined!
Ha! Yeah, the buggers did the same to me a while back. So much for their "pre-approval" and "invitation" to take up their offer. It was like a slap in the face. I swore I'd never apply for another product with them again, after that treachery.

But a couple of years on, I decided to give them another go. This time I applied off my own bat without having received any offer, and got approved for a five figure amount.
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️

CTFS CA and Triangle WE .🔻
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
13784 posts
17878 upvotes
Vancouver
jonnyyaa wrote: I called and was told 15% bonus would be paid out after 92 days...and the wait begins
92 days from what? Application date? Card activation date? The date you hit MSR? I opened Tangerine on March 5th, activated around March 20th, and just hit MSR today. Hoping to get bonus in early June, not liking the idea of late July.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)