Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

tangerine money-back credit card 15% back (upto $300)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2021 11:21 am
Oct 26, 2016
298 posts
297 upvotes
I am thinking of spend the remaining MSR to a Fido contract. I tested a payment on top of my $0 balance and it was charged as a recurring bill with 2% cashback. Would that be a good option?

I was told that the 92 days are counted from the activation date :rolleyes: but it is Tangerine...
Mar 23, 2019
334 posts
182 upvotes
demzie wrote: I believe that bolded sentence is referring to payments made to the card..ie. overpayment to be spent after 3 month period and any other payment to the card like credit card insurance premiums.

So as long as you're using the card to purchase/pay for services...including your home/auto insurance... you're good.

Edit: I have this offer but I wonder if they'll do a hard check again considering they already did one for a pre-approved LOC a few months back. They should have that in record...
Thanks for the explanation.

So insurance premium here only refers credit card insurance, not home/auto insurance then, good to know.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1567 posts
7103 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: 92 days from what? Application date? Card activation date? The date you hit MSR? I opened Tangerine on March 5th, activated around March 20th, and just hit MSR today. Hoping to get bonus in early June, not liking the idea of late July.
Please let us know when you get your bonus. Hopefully it's sooner than later! 🤞🏼
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1951 posts
581 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Kiraly wrote: 92 days from what? Application date? Card activation date? The date you hit MSR? I opened Tangerine on March 5th, activated around March 20th, and just hit MSR today. Hoping to get bonus in early June, not liking the idea of late July.
Pay out is 1 to 2 pay cycles after the 2000$ spending limit is reached. The spending limit is to be reached within 92 day’s of card activation.
March 20th means you’re looking at an early august payout (provided you hit the spending limit in June) from what I’ve been told by the tangerine representative.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1062 posts
1405 upvotes
On my account looks like being able to change your categories monthly, has been switched to every 3 months now.

Previously, it was poorly worded (change your categories on 'date' really should have been change your categories "for", IMHO) - but you could change your categories every month to take advantage of upcoming bills, e.g., auto insurance. Before I could change in April and May but when I signed back in recently, it said I could change again in August.

So more planning required now. It has been very convenient to have my cc tied to my banking but once the bonus is paid out, I may revert to using my Cap One as my primary cc as it's less hassle having to track categories.

cheers,
:)
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1951 posts
581 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
bigjee wrote: Pay out is 1 to 2 pay cycles after the 2000$ spending limit is reached. The spending limit is to be reached within 92 day’s of card activation.
March 20th means you’re looking at an early august payout (provided you hit the spending limit in June) from what I’ve been told by the tangerine representative.
Looks like they've added another 30 days from activation for me.
Check you emails folks.

Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1567 posts
7103 upvotes
bigjee wrote: Looks like they've added another 30 days from activation for me.
Check you emails folks.

Nice one, but I'm jealous - I didn't get that email Sleepy FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FacePersevering FacePersevering FacePersevering Face

I think people would also appreciate getting their cash back sooner. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Apr 2, 2004
265 posts
144 upvotes
Burnaby
coopercold wrote: Nice one, but I'm jealous - I didn't get that email Sleepy FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FacePersevering FacePersevering FacePersevering Face

I think people would also appreciate getting their cash back sooner. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
I actually asked the same question in chat. As long as you met the spending requirement within the original promotional period, you should see the bonus cash back 1 - 2 statements after that.

This just gives you more time to meet the spending threshold.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1849 posts
2230 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Has anyone received the $300 deposit yet? I completed my spend within the first 2 weeks and I've had the card almost 4 months now. I wonder what date I should wait to pass before calling in to follow up...
Jun 20, 2006
49 posts
27 upvotes
Ottawa
aweawea wrote: Has anyone received the $300 deposit yet? I completed my spend within the first 2 weeks and I've had the card almost 4 months now. I wonder what date I should wait to pass before calling in to follow up...
Nothing here. I have a calendar entry to check. Should be past weekend.
Nobody is perfect. I am nobody.
Apr 17, 2016
358 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
Just received my third cash back deposit and still no bonus here. Was expecting it this month, but I guess not.
Apr 17, 2016
358 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
As per the offer email: The Offer bonus of 15% (up to $300) will be credited to the Primary Cardholder’s Account within 1-2 statement cycles after the 92-day promotional period provided the Account is open and in Good Standing at time of payout.

The 92 day promo period starts the day the card is activated, so add two more cycles after that to expect the money I guess. So within 5 months of activating the card, you should receive the bonus is how I read this...I'm only 3 months in so I guess I will wait 2 more before I contact them.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1567 posts
7103 upvotes
Any chance anyone has got their $300 bonus yet? 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1849 posts
2230 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
coopercold wrote: Any chance anyone has got their $300 bonus yet? 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Nope, not yet. My 4th statement will be generated in about 10 days. 🤞
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1567 posts
7103 upvotes
aweawea wrote: Nope, not yet. My 4th statement will be generated in about 10 days. 🤞
My 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 for you too!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1062 posts
1405 upvotes
I switched over some Recurring Bill Payments to this card to get the 2% premium, for example my cell phone. However, it did not register for the 2% - I phone T just to understand how things are categorized. The agent said it is up to the company to categorize themselves via their Merchant Category Code. If the company, in my case Fizz, doesn't recognize itself as a RBP, there is nothing T or the customer can do.

I also asked how Costco is categorized since I spend a lot there and the agent says Costco won't categorize itself because it has its own credit card.

Not complaining, just letting others know in case they were wondering. I'm going to switch out my RBP that aren't recognized back to my primary card (Cap 1 World MC) since I get 2points/$1 spend there.

cheers,
:)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5141 posts
4558 upvotes
Toronto
anyone get their $300 yet?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1849 posts
2230 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
chadw01 wrote: anyone get their $300 yet?
My 4th statement generates next week, will let you know.

Edit: Just received my 4th cashback deposit. No sign of the $300. Not sure how long I'll wait before calling... Probably another couple months.