Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

tangerine money-back credit card 15% back (upto $300)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2021 11:21 am
Sep 28, 2017
127 posts
100 upvotes
ki2017 wrote: Literally received the offer by email 5 mins after reading this thread. Been looking for a quick cashback MC so this is good timing

Edit: Ok so when I went to accept the offer, Tangerine offered to switch to the new World MC. I called them and the rep confirmed that the 15% cashback on $2000 would still apply as their system is simply recognizes you being eligible for the newer card. Fingers crossed it all works out. Including GCR it's $75 + $3 GCR signup bonus (lol) $300 + $40 (2% of $2000, assuming all spending is within chosen 3 categories) = $418. Not too shabby for a no-fee CC.
As a follow-up to my post back in March - Account activated March 13th, $300 bonus email received today and showing as a credit on CC, similar to other people.

My last statement period was Jun 21-Jul 20, so the timing of the bonus doesn't seem to coincide with that.

Happy to have received it as advertised though!
Apr 17, 2016
358 posts
267 upvotes
Toronto
I also received email today and bonus showed up on my card!
Mar 11, 2013
715 posts
731 upvotes
Brampton
I got the bonus credited yesterday as well.
Happy I did not have to follow up.
Mar 13, 2004
252 posts
110 upvotes
Received $300 credit as well, which is on top of the rewards that have been earned, instead of topup to 15%. Should have spent all money within 2% categories.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1061 posts
1405 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: Got my bonus today. Has anyone tried to transfer the money back to your Savings account, like they originally intended?
That's what I expected to happen too. If I'd known I would have made recent purchases on it rather than carry a -ve balance - t's not my everyday card. If you're able to do, pls report back...thx!

cheers,
:)
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1635 posts
258 upvotes
gfnstew wrote: For those who received it so far, was the bonus issued on the billing date? I opened mine mid March, met the minimum spending within 2 weeks of opening but yet to receive the bonus. I still use the card often.
I received my bonus on my billing date for my statement.
Jul 10, 2003
25 posts
9 upvotes
Waterloo
Jon Lai wrote: Got my bonus today. Has anyone tried to transfer the money back to your Savings account, like they originally intended?
I got them to do the transfer to my Savings acct over the phone (after a 30 minute hold). I didn't want to risk doing it online, because on the transfer confirmation screen it says it will be counted as a cash advance.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47096 posts
7502 upvotes
Richmond Hill
dpks wrote: I got them to do the transfer to my Savings acct over the phone (after a 30 minute hold). I didn't want to risk doing it online, because on the transfer confirmation screen it says it will be counted as a cash advance.
I forgot to report back, but I did it via chat. It was definitely faster than 30 mins :)
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1567 posts
7102 upvotes
Oooh so happy to hear these reports! 🤩🤩

Fingers-crossed 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 that I get my bonus soon, too. My next statement cuts on the 20th. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Jan 24, 2016
150 posts
89 upvotes
Got my $300 bonus last friday and also the free $75(GCR). Not a bad deal at all.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3923 upvotes
Toronto and London
Technically I didn't qualify for this offer since I had no accounts with Tangerine but they gave me $250 which is on top of $75 from GCR. I'll take it.

Also received $200 for opening chequing account.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1061 posts
1405 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: I forgot to report back, but I did it via chat. It was definitely faster than 30 mins :)
Thx for bothering to report back - just did it in chat after queue notices for calls were 30+min yesterday. Chat agent said it wasn't for savings, only to go back to credit card - from here I knew it could be done so told her about my "relative"...haha. Then she did it right away - all told 2 mins...rfd power!

cheers,
:)
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
13740 posts
17813 upvotes
Vancouver
Kiraly wrote: Nothing here. I won't look in to where the money is for another 6 weeks, which is after the very last deadline based on the most pessimistic reading of the terms.
Finally got mine today! Yay!
But I foolishly opted for a statement credit instead of a deposit to my savings account. Now I have a $300 credit balance. Have to pay $3.50 cash advance fee to move it. Darn!
May 8, 2013
682 posts
621 upvotes
London
Kiraly wrote:
Finally got mine today! Yay!
But I foolishly opted for a statement credit instead of a deposit to my savings account. Now I have a $300 credit balance. Have to pay $3.50 cash advance fee to move it. Darn!
They can move it for you

I haven't gotten mine and I didn't even get a statement for July, let one August. Seems you have to use the account to get the cash or even a statement.

Well I tried to book some flights but was blocked by tangerine so bad to use another card. Not my fault u suck tangerine. Il have to call for my cash I guess.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1567 posts
7102 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: Finally got mine today! Yay!
Hurray! Did the payout post along with your latest statement?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1847 posts
2229 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
My 5th statement cut today, received the monthly rewards deposit but no sign of the $300.
Apr 3, 2006
52 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
aweawea wrote: My 5th statement cut today, received the monthly rewards deposit but no sign of the $300.
Same here, I got approval mid March, but card arrive end of march. Do have some balance on last statement but less than $300.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1926 posts
1471 upvotes
aweawea wrote: My 5th statement cut today, received the monthly rewards deposit but no sign of the $300.
Kiraly wrote: Nothing here. I won't look in to where the money is for another 6 weeks, which is after the very last deadline based on the most pessimistic reading of the terms.
Sorry can you clarify, based on the most pessimistic reading of the terms and conditions for this promo, what's the longest one should wait to receive the cashback?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1926 posts
1471 upvotes
Sorry can you clarify, based on the most pessimistic reading of the terms and conditions for this promo, what's the longest one should wait to receive the cashback?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)