Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

tangerine money-back credit card 15% back (upto $300)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2021 11:21 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7257 posts
3734 upvotes
West GTEH!
canine80 wrote: I just checked my tangerine account and got the following offer

You’re pre-approved for a Money-Back Credit Card
Accept your pre-approval by March 31, 2020, and get in on some sweet offers:
15% back
Bonus Offer
Spend up to $2,000 on everyday purchases in your first 3 months, and we’ll put an extra 15% in your Account (up to $300).

Check your account
Good sign-up bonus if you don't have this card.
I've had my Tangerine MC when it was initially offered a few years ago.
Last edited by Webhead on Mar 5th, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
😎
Nov 12, 2017
28 posts
25 upvotes
I too had this offer appear in my insights but when I select it to start my application, it turns into the old promo: $250 bonus for spending $5000 in the first 3 months..
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6274 posts
6628 upvotes
Toronto
I got the Insight and when it went through the process it upped me to the World offering instead and didn't mention anything about the Offer being changed or show any terms for a new offer, so I hope the 15% promo is fine.

I need to spend about $2000 on reno next month so this is an easy 15% discount. (I hope.)

BTW I got this offer and have no Tangerine CHQ account, just Savings and LOC.
As someone long prepared for the occasion, in full command of every plan you wrecked---
Do not choose a coward's explanation, that hides behind the cause and the effect...
Oct 11, 2018
21 posts
JasonTTL wrote: FYI you'll get a hard hit on your credit if you apply.
this credit card only or all credit cards in general?
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1935 posts
1472 upvotes
Petrified1 wrote: I got this offer but during the sign up process it offered the World Mastercard and I thought, 'why not?' and bit the bullet. However I am now reading the T&C and it looks like the 15% $2000 only applies to the regular cash-back MC not the World MC. Can anybody confirm?

The call queue is absolutely dreadful rn
Did you find out if the tangerine world MC also qualifies for this offer?
May 8, 2017
48 posts
38 upvotes
Petrified1 wrote: I got this offer but during the sign up process it offered the World Mastercard and I thought, 'why not?' and bit the bullet. However I am now reading the T&C and it looks like the 15% $2000 only applies to the regular cash-back MC not the World MC. Can anybody confirm?

The call queue is absolutely dreadful rn
I did the same thing like you. Did we make a mistake? Is it too late to fix it. Please let us know Person With Folded Hands
May 8, 2017
48 posts
38 upvotes
I just got off the phone with CS rep and he confirmed to me that this Tangerine World Mastercard has the same 15% 2K up to $300 cash back promo attached on it. Strictly for inquiring minds. Good card with good promo IMHO!
Mar 4, 2008
269 posts
425 upvotes
I got the pre-approval but after applying was not approved....Doesn't make sense to me, credit is in good standing according to TransUnion so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 26, 2016
298 posts
297 upvotes
Tangerine is weird with their credit card approval from what I've seen. But I got approved like in less than a minute...
Nov 8, 2012
790 posts
275 upvotes
Weird, I got the $250 on 5K over 3 months offer as well. The offer in the OP is no problem, but this one is less appealing. To be clear, which they aren't, and now i'm asking strangers on a forum - it's 15% back up to $300 over 3 months for everyone, and this is the not as good bonus offer on top that isn't as sweet as in the OP?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
6274 posts
6628 upvotes
Toronto
dietertong wrote: I got the pre-approval but after applying was not approved....Doesn't make sense to me, credit is in good standing according to TransUnion so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Congratulations! You Got Tangerined!
As someone long prepared for the occasion, in full command of every plan you wrecked---
Do not choose a coward's explanation, that hides behind the cause and the effect...
Oct 24, 2019
1 posts
7 upvotes
As an existing customer with Tangerine I'm basically losing money by banking with them because I miss out on every single one of these promotions. I'm seriously considering closing everything with them so I can take advantage of these promotions next time around
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2013
1078 posts
1415 upvotes
What does this mean? I know what a credit check is and what a hard hit is but is there an estimate of how many points will be dropped on a hard hit?

I rec'd the email offer too but recently got overdraft with them so don't want my credit score to suffer too much. TIA!

cheers,
:)
Feb 27, 2018
33 posts
10 upvotes
So is the prevailing thought that this cannot be stacked with GCR or Rate Supermarket as those would only work for the public $250 offer? If you clicked through GCR, logged in and applied through your offer, is there a chance you could get the $75 + the 15% offer? Would there be any risk of getting the $250 offer instead?
Dec 13, 2016
225 posts
106 upvotes
How can they market this so clearly as a "pre-approval" when they're requiring a credit check?? THat's gotta be against some kind of rule somewhere
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
2362 posts
1533 upvotes
Markham
anyone called in and asked and confirmed it is $300 bonus on top of the base rebate ? Say $2k spend nets $300 + $40 (assume all $2k spend on the 2% category) ?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4980 posts
4839 upvotes
Richmond Hill
oTMac4o wrote: So is the prevailing thought that this cannot be stacked with GCR or Rate Supermarket as those would only work for the public $250 offer? If you clicked through GCR, logged in and applied through your offer, is there a chance you could get the $75 + the 15% offer? Would there be any risk of getting the $250 offer instead?
I just applied by clicking through GCR. It made me login to Tangerine, and from there I clicked "Accept" for the 15%/$300 offer. However I ended up saying yes when I was asked if I wanted the World version instead. Not sure if that'll have any issues with the rebate.