Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Targeted - 1.50% interest rate* until August 31, 2021 - on New Money RRSP, TFSA, CASH AND US$

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2021 9:32 am
Dec 1, 2009
808 posts
330 upvotes
Saint-Jean-Sur-Riche…
Can I withdraw all my money from my Tangering Saving account and deposit it back a few days later?
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2314 posts
933 upvotes
MolsonAlex wrote: Can I withdraw all my money from my Tangering Saving account and deposit it back a few days later?
It goes by your balance as of April 7.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1407 posts
1327 upvotes
Montreal
no offer for me. Moved to Scotiabank for 1.35%
May 10, 2008
72 posts
127 upvotes
North York
Are people parking all their savings in these accounts or just the cash they’d be needing within the next couple of months? I keep seeing posts like this and wonder what’s exciting about rates lower than inflation, but I do agree it’s better than most savings accounts.
Jun 11, 2014
205 posts
295 upvotes
Calgary
addicted2fresh wrote: Are people parking all their savings in these accounts or just the cash they’d be needing within the next couple of months? I keep seeing posts like this and wonder what’s exciting about rates lower than inflation, but I do agree it’s better than most savings accounts.
I keep the cash I put away for things like car insurance or property taxes, there's no point in investing that money, and I prefer not to take up TFSA room if I'm going to do a withdrawal within the year.
[OP]
Aug 13, 2020
999 posts
4553 upvotes
Vancouver Island
addicted2fresh wrote: Are people parking all their savings in these accounts or just the cash they’d be needing within the next couple of months? I keep seeing posts like this and wonder what’s exciting about rates lower than inflation, but I do agree it’s better than most savings accounts.
I'm waiting for rates to rise before I re-lock my RRSPs in long term GICs, so these temp teaser rates are good.

Also I think a lot of people are getting out of the stock market and mutual funds right now due to a possible bubble burst. And Gold, Silver and BitCoin are so volatile, you can wake up and be down 10%.
May 10, 2008
72 posts
127 upvotes
North York
lancedragons wrote:
I keep the cash I put away for things like car insurance or property taxes, there's no point in investing that money, and I prefer not to take up TFSA room if I'm going to do a withdrawal within the year.
Makes sense. Park the cash for the interest and transfer to chequing when needed. My laziness has got me banking wrong this whole time!
IslandDeal wrote:
I'm waiting for rates to rise before I re-lock my RRSPs in long term GICs, so these temp teaser rates are good.

Also I think a lot of people are getting out of the stock market and mutual funds right now due to a possible bubble burst. And Gold, Silver and BitCoin are so volatile, you can wake up and be down 10%.
But, think about the upside of GME... Kidding!
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2004
1300 posts
1052 upvotes
Vancouver
this is where i stash my emergency fund as its immediately liquidable. everything else is in long term investments. with the market return these days, its crazy not to be part of that -- ignore the short-term volatility.. long term it won't make a difference.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8614 posts
3784 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Yay, I won the (Tangerine) lottery this time.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2008
2623 posts
1066 upvotes
Calgary
I got nothing, surprise surprise. I miss the days when ING use to give the same rate to everyone.
Nov 18, 2011
97 posts
43 upvotes
Toronto
called in and got 1.2% for 150 days for non-registered Accounts only
May 10, 2008
72 posts
127 upvotes
North York
a_dee wrote: this is where i stash my emergency fund as its immediately liquidable. everything else is in long term investments. with the market return these days, its crazy not to be part of that -- ignore the short-term volatility.. long term it won't make a difference.
Except when it’s down big like last year because then there’s a sale! Haha I know, a consistent investment strategy is more ideal than trying to time the market.
Last edited by addicted2fresh on Apr 9th, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3611 posts
1399 upvotes
Montreal
wow it's getting lower and lower every year...
Sep 7, 2017
888 posts
791 upvotes
No offer for me this time or last time. I called tangerine and managed to get 1.6 which ended April 6. I transferred to EQ on April 5 for 1.5 percent.

Also no offer from Simplii for a while. They were good for a couple years to ping pong between.