Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

[Targeted] 2.95% on new deposits Oct 5 - Dec 31

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2017 3:55 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1094 upvotes
Seks wrote: My promotional interest 2.4% for my Savings Account ended on Oct 10 (Apr 10 is when I applied). So now I'm only getting 0.8%. How do I go about getting Tangerine to reinstate the 2.4% or get this offer from this thread?
Just got off the phone with Tangerine. I pointed out about EQs 2%. Guy asked me what my plan was. I'm like...uhh...move my $ out to EQ because of the higher interest rate and it's human nature to do that? lol

He could only offer me 1.6% on my Savings. It will expires end of Jan 2017. I took it for the time being. My Chequing stays at whopping 0.25%

BTW, does the 1.6% applies to my current balance + all future new deposits? Or is it only for future new deposits?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
Seks wrote:
Seks wrote: My promotional interest 2.4% for my Savings Account ended on Oct 10 (Apr 10 is when I applied). So now I'm only getting 0.8%. How do I go about getting Tangerine to reinstate the 2.4% or get this offer from this thread?
Just got off the phone with Tangerine. I pointed out about EQs 2%. Guy asked me what my plan was. I'm like...uhh...move my $ out to EQ because of the higher interest rate and it's human nature to do that? lol

He could only offer me 1.6% on my Savings. It will expires end of Jan 2017. I took it for the time being. My Chequing stays at whopping 0.25%

BTW, does the 1.6% applies to my current balance + all future new deposits? Or is it only for future new deposits?
Well, I guess in the excitement, you forgot to ask? You can confirm the details online, in 'Your special rate offers' under 'My info and options' , 'My contest entries and Bonuses', and sometimes in the account itself.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1094 upvotes
"The Offer is available to Eligible Clients on all eligible deposits for a period of 90 days from the date they accept the Offer (the "Promotion Period") to a maximum of $500,000 in deposits to all Tangerine Savings Accounts combined (CDN dollar, non-registered Accounts only; herein referred to as "Applicable Accounts"

"Additional Interest will be paid on the first $500,000 of deposits in Applicable Accounts. This is a combined total across all of the Client's Applicable Accounts. Any balances greater than $500,000 will earn interest at the applicable Posted Rate of interest payable."

??????????
akaManny wrote:
Seks wrote:

Well, I guess in the excitement, you forgot to ask? You can confirm the details online, in 'Your special rate offers' under 'My info and options' , 'My contest entries and Bonuses', and sometimes in the account itself.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2950 posts
1611 upvotes
Seks wrote: "The Offer is available to Eligible Clients on all eligible deposits for a period of 90 days from the date they accept the Offer (the "Promotion Period") to a maximum of $500,000 in deposits to all Tangerine Savings Accounts combined (CDN dollar, non-registered Accounts only; herein referred to as "Applicable Accounts"

"Additional Interest will be paid on the first $500,000 of deposits in Applicable Accounts. This is a combined total across all of the Client's Applicable Accounts. Any balances greater than $500,000 will earn interest at the applicable Posted Rate of interest payable."

??????????
akaManny wrote:
Seks wrote:

That's the text I got for 'current deposit and all future deposits'. The other promotion indicates 'During the Offer Period, the Bank will calculate Additional Interest for new deposits to Applicable Accounts...'
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
don't get why this deal isn't indefinite. The banks are taking our money and lending it out for 5-6% interest on mortgages and 30% on credit cards
Feb 26, 2015
155 posts
125 upvotes
I haven't kept up to date the last few months but the most recent offer I accepted (expires dec 31st) was on existing balance. I had procrastinated until a few days into the new cycle and called tangerine, they gave me 3% if I left my money where it was.

Hopefully that was a rarity which wont become common, if banks start making it a guessing game towards new deposits vs existing deposits, I'll start looking for ads to join fight club.

With that said, I'm at a loss if I should leave my money where it is or move it. Likely best bet is to take it out a little early. New year, new start? [shrug]. Without other input I'll likely wait until its very close to the dead line and call Tangerine and see if a rep has any recommendations, though I don't expect to get much worthwhile advice from their front line.
Dec 5, 2016
274 posts
56 upvotes
Is this offer for only existing clients? They only have the 2.4% offer for new clients on the website
Mar 1, 2006
756 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
Any updates on retention rates? At 2% better off moving to EQ and not have to deal with calling every 3 months.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
I've already set my funds to be moved to EQ. Talked to Tangerine yesterday but it was a waste of time.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
2279 posts
2192 upvotes
dealseeker wrote: I've already set my funds to be moved to EQ. Talked to Tangerine yesterday but it was a waste of time.
Rather true as it is a waste of time plus too much hassle with Tangerine CSR. I just withdraw my funds to account(s) with a better rate at another bank(s). Tangerine will get my funds back when they better the other bank(s).
“Ninety percent of all human wisdom is the ability to mind your own business.”
— Robert A. Heinlein
Dec 25, 2006
611 posts
49 upvotes
EQ Bank is much better. I don't want to be a beggar anymore.
May 14, 2015
297 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Tangerine has a promotion every January (around Jan 6th) for higher interest rate on new deposits into TFSA.
I am at my maximum contribution limit now. If I withdraw my funds from TFSA today, would I be able to deposit them back into TFSA in 2 weeks when they have the promotion? Anyone here done that before?
Thanks,
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
4286 posts
4638 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
PC is offering me another 2.25% from Jan to Mar. I guess it's targeted?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
naticom wrote: PC is offering me another 2.25% from Jan to Mar. I guess it's targeted?
I got it too. I didn't immediately call to accept it, and they called me to see if I wanted it.

I moved a large sum of money out of Tangerine to PC when PC offered 2.25. I've been with ING/Tangerine since 1997, but not interested any longer in calling for better offers and moving money in and out to get offers on new money. They don't seem to care about losing deposits, so I'll go somewhere that wants to keep them.

The PC offer is for old and new funds.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
called. today. 2% for 90 days.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
Calling in - will update with my results

2% for 90 days. EQ for 2% ongoing vs Tangerine 2% 90 days.

I'm just thinking.. if I show my loyalty to Tangerine by sticking with them for the 2% rate, maybe after 90 days they will bring it back up? I could always transfer to EQ if they don't. 2% ongoing and 2% for 90 days and then transfer to 2% ongoing is still the same thing. But if I transfer the money out to EQ right now, I don't see myself getting back to the 3% w/ Tangerine.

Thoughts?
Last edited by dankup on Dec 27th, 2016 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1534 posts
415 upvotes
I was offered 2% now that my other promo ended. Already moved to EQ for same rate so I can support a company where I don't have to beg for the rate.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
4286 posts
4638 upvotes
Province of Bring Ca…
Usually if there's no promo at the moment Tangerine only gives 1.6% or 2% if you call in and beg for it. Let's wait for a couple days and see if new campaign comes out.
Jul 2, 2015
262 posts
146 upvotes
OTTAWA,ON
naticom wrote: Usually if there's no promo at the moment Tangerine only gives 1.6% or 2% if you call in and beg for it. Let's wait for a couple days and see if new campaign comes out.
If you plan on waiting a couple of days for a new campaign, wouldn't it be prudent to move your entire balance out now just in case it's another "new money only" promo ?

JMO, because after that it's probably too late to do any begging because they are only too happy to hold the majority of your funds hostage at 0.80%

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)