Expired Hot Deals

[Tangerine] Targeted Tangerine Mutual Funds Bonus $10 per $1000 (Max $150)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2017 2:25 pm
[OP]
May 24, 2010
97 posts
46 upvotes

[Tangerine] Targeted Tangerine Mutual Funds Bonus $10 per $1000 (Max $150)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
March 31, 2017
Retailer:
Tangerine
More offers from Tangerine
Tangerine is offering bonus cash up to $150 for investing in their mutual funds.

They're giving 10$ for each $1000 invested.
Bonus is paid out in June 2017.

The funds have a MER of 1.07%. They're essentially repaying the MER for the whole year.

This can be good for a 1st time couch potato investment.

(Sorry for the french link, I did not search for an English one.)

Didn't saw it first, but it's targeted :
This Offer is only available to existing Tangerine Bank Clients who: (1) receive the Offer directly from Tangerine Investment Funds Limited (“Tangerine Investments”); and/or (2) receive a notification that they are eligible to participate in the Offer when they log in on the Bank’s website (“Eligible Clients”).
Last edited by kevmeg on Jan 25th, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
49 replies
Sep 18, 2004
563 posts
279 upvotes
CorSter wrote: English Link: https://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-pag ... index.html

Fine print: New Tangerine Mutual Fund clients only. RRSP, TFSA, RRIF eligible, Funds transferred from another institution must be received by Tangerine within 60 days of the transfer request to maintain promotion eligibility
So this is really only for people with new cash to invest. For transfers from other institutions, the "bonus" would be eaten up by transfer fees of $50-$150, which are routinely compensated by the receiving institution anyway.
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4814 posts
1924 upvotes
Can I transfer money in my Tangerine chequing account to Mutual Fund? Sorry I am a newbie at investing.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1414 posts
305 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: Can I transfer money in my Tangerine chequing account to Mutual Fund? Sorry I am a newbie at investing.
I want to know this too.
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1782 posts
927 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: Can I transfer money in my Tangerine chequing account to Mutual Fund? Sorry I am a newbie at investing.
timeoninternet wrote: I want to know this too.
Certainly but you would have to open a mutual fund account with Tangerine first.
It is quite easy to do but you should do some reading on what you will be getting yourself into before taking the plunge.
Sep 20, 2007
312 posts
166 upvotes
Edmonton
G0DKING wrote: If one was to invest in a Tangerine Mutual Fund just for the bonus, how soon could that person de-invest and what are the costs associated

Paging @ace604
Here is my suggestion. Assuming you have the TFSA contribution room, open TFSA mutual fund account and invest your amount. After bonus is paid out in June, transfer money out of the account.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1861 posts
439 upvotes
I want to move 5k from a Tangerine savings acct to something like the Tangerine Equity Growth Portfolio fund.

Looks like the fund stuttered in 2015 to 4% growth from 11 and 22% for preceding years. Haven't kept track of the markets for a while since I worked in China last year, are the equity markets in N.A more or less saturated? With Trump in power and the looming protectionists fears, global and equity growth may falter with potential trade wars. Not sure on the asset mix, 33% each for CND, U.S. International?

Anyone know of an Tang equity growth fund more inclined towards U.S. and Asia mix?
Sep 20, 2007
312 posts
166 upvotes
Edmonton
aviator_13 wrote: Certainly but you would have to open a mutual fund account with Tangerine first.
It is quite easy to do but you should do some reading on what you will be getting yourself into before taking the plunge.
One can argue that the Tangerine Investment Funds are the best way to invest for new investors with relatively small RRSP or TFSA
https://www.pwlcapital.com/pwl/media/pw ... f?ext=.pdf
Oct 1, 2011
173 posts
92 upvotes
Georgetown
When did this offer start?? I never saw this and just dumped 10K into their managed funds on Firday. :(

EDIT - Nevermind... just saw the fine print Beginning January 12th. It looks like it's only for new clients? I had an RSP account open and just opened a TFSA account, but not sure if that counts since I had the RSP?
Last edited by mikerfd on Jan 25th, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Aug 8, 2012
10198 posts
3983 upvotes
BC
G0DKING wrote: If one was to invest in a Tangerine Mutual Fund just for the bonus, how soon could that person de-invest and what are the costs associated
https://www.tangerine.ca/en/landing-pag ... index.html
4. The Bonus will be deposited directly to the Eligible Account by June 15, 2017 as additional units of the Tangerine Investment Fund you own. The Eligible Account must remain open until that day to receive the Bonus.
POLL: How frequent is your RRSP-matching?
Plastiq: Pay any bill with credit card for 0-2.5% fee (help meet min spending and keep old cards active!)
Rewards program transfer times (e.g. SPG->Aeroplan, Marriott->SPG, Amex MR->SPG...)