Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Targeted - Tangerine Unsecured Personal Line of Credit, 0% Introductory Rate for 90 days

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 10:43 am
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2301 posts
1105 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
xbournex wrote: Up voted. Wouldn't have checked my account. Needed some help with cash flow this month.
5k preapproved.

Thanks.
Just remember it is Interest +2%. Which means if you borrow $5000 just to tide you over one day while awaiting a deposit, it will cost you $100.

It beats a bunch of NFS charges, but it is a solution that will cause you bigger cash flow problems in the future.
Jan 8, 2008
347 posts
118 upvotes
YYC
facebook259 wrote: Just remember it is Interest +2%. Which means if you borrow $5000 just to tide you over one day while awaiting a deposit, it will cost you $100.

It beats a bunch of NFS charges, but it is a solution that will cause you bigger cash flow problems in the future.
hmmm no. prime+2%/365
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
1545 posts
1028 upvotes
djino wrote: Tangerine cannot also be used as a checking account (no positive balance).

Djino
Any idea if RBC or Scotia do a hard check on their preapproval LOCs?

I wasnt able to find a clear answer online.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15288 posts
6604 upvotes
Gatineau
EDL67134234 wrote: Any idea if RBC or Scotia do a hard check on their preapproval LOCs?

I don't recall RBC performing a hard check after my preapproval LOC. But this was back in 2011 that I received mine.

djino
Oct 11, 2009
446 posts
758 upvotes
BC
EDL67134234 wrote: Any idea if RBC or Scotia do a hard check on their preapproval LOCs?

No hard check from RBC pre-approval LOC for me. Just accepted an offer a week ago.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1155 posts
1241 upvotes
Toronto

bigfishman wrote: No hard check from RBC pre-approval LOC for me. Just accepted an offer a week ago.
Can confirm; accepted RBC pre-approval 2 months ago, no check.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
2049 posts
732 upvotes
Wolfdale wrote: Can confirm; accepted RBC pre-approval 2 months ago, no check.
TD did a preapproval LOC and did a hard hit....not sure how these are "pre approvals" but then they need to hard hit the report. Then it's not really an approval if there's a chance of denial.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2018
1545 posts
1028 upvotes
Wolfdale wrote: Can confirm; accepted RBC pre-approval 2 months ago, no check.
Called RBC and they said it would be a hard credit hit. Went into the branch and teller saw the offer (which I don't see).. so if I go to the branch and apply, seems like it would not be a hard hit.
Scotia CS said there is no hard hit.

Based on Tangerine DPs, looks like their preapprovals are hard hits.
Sep 21, 2008
621 posts
924 upvotes
I will offer anybody who wants it this same deal minus 0.01%. Be a true RFD'er and take it to save the money :D
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2014
1588 posts
2219 upvotes
GPS - error
I got the offer as well, was thinking about getting it free fir 90 days
and putting into savings but with 1.1% would make what $20 lol.
Jun 30, 2017
93 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
I also got Prime + 1.5% and free for 1st 3 months
Bank : Tangerine, EQ Bank
Credit Cards : Tangerine (2% on 3 categories), Rogers (1.5% flat, 3% on USD)
Stocks/ETFs : Wealthsimple Trade, Questrade
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1155 posts
1241 upvotes
Toronto
EDL67134234 wrote: Called RBC and they said it would be a hard credit hit. Went into the branch and teller saw the offer (which I don't see).. so if I go to the branch and apply, seems like it would not be a hard hit.
Scotia CS said there is no hard hit.

Based on Tangerine DPs, looks like their preapprovals are hard hits.
Not quite sure what you mean by haven't seen the offer :(

When i signed my RBC ULOC, there wasn't any language in the form that indicated that i was consenting to a credit check; but with Tangerine, it's in the offer (subject to credit).

If you got a pre-approval offer for rbc noting that you were pre-approved, you should be good (unless they changed something in the past 3 months).

Not sure about Scotiabank's ULOC, but when i got preapproved for one of their CCs, there was no credit check. Can't remember what language was used in the offer though.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3295 posts
2172 upvotes
Langley
Does the 90 days at 0% start when you withdraw the money or when you open the LOC?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15288 posts
6604 upvotes
Gatineau
jellytime wrote: Does the 90 days at 0% start when you withdraw the money or when you open the LOC?
From the day you accept the approvals offer. You will be given a date at that time, for when the regular interest rate will begin to apply.

djino
Oct 23, 2017
96 posts
237 upvotes
djino wrote: From the day you accept the approvals offer. You will be given a date at that time, for when the regular interest rate will begin to apply.

djino
But you can literally transfer the money out a second after you open the account. It took me less than five minutes to open it and move $25,000 into my savings account. So effectively they can be one and the same.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9042 posts
4881 upvotes
Shadow Rider wrote: TD did a preapproval LOC and did a hard hit....not sure how these are "pre approvals" but then they need to hard hit the report. Then it's not really an approval if there's a chance of denial.
Same here.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
8941 posts
1502 upvotes
TO
Has anyone tried ask for a higher limit after opening the account and did it go through?

Also, basically the amount need to be paid back by 89th or 90th day to ensure you don't pay the Prime + offer rate correct? It's not like the store cards where if you miss by a day, you have to pay interest for the 3-month period?

Thanks everyone
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1260 posts
224 upvotes
Stouffville
I'm still not sure do I need this LOC... don't have any specific investment that worth the return and time...
Aug 7, 2005
929 posts
299 upvotes
Toronto
Where do you go to sign up?

On the website I only see a secured line of credit?

Btw, if I own property and need access to funds should I be going with secured or unsecured with this offer?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2003
6627 posts
1798 upvotes
ReFuGeE wrote: Where do you go to sign up?

On the website I only see a secured line of credit?

Btw, if I own property and need access to funds should I be going with secured or unsecured with this offer?
I believe the unsecured LOC offer offer ended yesterday.
------He who dares, Rodders, he who dares------

Heatware Feedback eBay Feedback
X360 Live Gamertag: Frenzied360

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)