Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

Targeted - Tangerine Unsecured Personal Line of Credit, 0% Introductory Rate for 90 days

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 10:43 am
May 3, 2020
20 posts
11 upvotes
I went into Tangerine last week. Was an offer for 30K @ 3.45% plus promo offer of 0.99% for the first 3 months. Unsecured LOC and it got approved instantly.
Jul 5, 2004
246 posts
21 upvotes
mdtgolf wrote: I went into Tangerine last week. Was an offer for 30K @ 3.45% plus promo offer of 0.99% for the first 3 months. Unsecured LOC and it got approved instantly.

Is this your first offer? I got it before but only 3k at 8% which was disappointing
May 3, 2020
20 posts
11 upvotes
Second promo offer I have taken advantgae of
Jul 5, 2004
246 posts
21 upvotes
mdtgolf wrote: Second promo offer I have taken advantgae of
Do you already had a line of credit and they offered you another one?
May 3, 2020
20 posts
11 upvotes
fttn wrote: Do you already had a line of credit and they offered you another one?
Nope. Opened one with RBC. Had opened a Tang account in spring to take advantage of high savings interest rate. Went into Tangerine out of curiosity to see the LOC rate and got a bring surprise.
Jun 24, 2012
242 posts
160 upvotes
Hamilton
This thread resurection reminded me to close my existing LOC of Prime + 1% so that I can be eligible for future promotions. Unfortunately, LOC rates are non-negotiable at Tangerine and if you have an account already you never get offered anything new.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1394 posts
285 upvotes
Quebec City
Richhy wrote: This thread resurection reminded me to close my existing LOC of Prime + 1% so that I can be eligible for future promotions. Unfortunately, LOC rates are non-negotiable at Tangerine and if you have an account already you never get offered anything new.
Yeah this is just garbage... I accepted that same offer at Prime+1% last year, even if I have a better rate in my Desjardins account... as I wouldn't expect it is so hard (or impossible) to renegotiate.