Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tangerine

YMMV - Earn 2.00% interest* on deposits to your Savings Account(s) until February 28, 2021.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2021 2:27 pm
Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1607 upvotes
Tee . Oh
radeonboy wrote: Just moved a chunk of money out of Tangerine after the last promo ended. Parked it in EQ for the time being. Do not see any new Tangerine promo on my account. Still searching for the next promo. Don't want to deal with Simplii, last time I signed up they said I'd get a welcome package in the mail but never got anything.
Manulife Bank - Earn 2.15% for 4 months:
manulife-bank-earn-2-15-4-months-when-y ... t-2405166/
................\ \ | / /................
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
[*FREE* Glasses!] [Lenovo 28" IPS 4K 60Hz Display] [Polk Audio Subwoofer] [Cheap G-Shock Like Watch]
May 4, 2004
546 posts
192 upvotes
canuckcolehead wrote: Anybody that didn’t receive this offer call in to Tangerine and get it added/applied ?
You best bet is 1.7% from marketing, or 1.5% from general csr.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16011 posts
7474 upvotes
RFD
Zero wrote: Manulife Bank - Earn 2.15% for 4 months:
manulife-bank-earn-2-15-4-months-when-y ... t-2405166/
I will look into this one, thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2995 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Frankie3s wrote: They do and the promo is still active. For those who already have a Simplii high interest savings account, login and check to see if you've received an even better offer of 2.30%. If you're opening a new account, the best that you can get at the moment is the 2% promo offer. You definitely should call in and confirm that you're receiving it, don't assume anything.
If you got the email confirmation for the 2.3%, is that sufficient? I don't think I can see anywhere when I log into my actual account that indicates the promo interest being active (unlike the Tangerine one that displays your promo rate)
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1354 posts
2023 upvotes
Ticco wrote: If you got the email confirmation for the 2.3%, is that sufficient? I don't think I can see anywhere when I log into my actual account that indicates the promo interest being active (unlike the Tangerine one that displays your promo rate)
Yes, the email satisfies most RFD members. Keep it until you've received the bonus interest payout mid-April. Had you not received the email then it would have been cause for doubt. You will not find your applicable interest rate on the Simplii banking site, just a limitation of their platform.
Dec 2, 2009
277 posts
94 upvotes
Saskatoon
Are most of you guys who are moving your money around between accounts just using regular savings accounts and not TFSAs? I thought if you withdrawl from a TFSA you don't get that contribution room tacked back on until the following year? I didn't get this offer this time (I normally seem to get most of them) and I have the lowly 0.15% rate on my TFSA right now so I think I should move it out in hopes of a better offer coming at some point soon-ish.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Roy2004 wrote: You best bet is 1.7% from marketing, or 1.5% from general csr.
1.6% from general CSR.
Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1607 upvotes
Tee . Oh
Wyku wrote: Are most of you guys who are moving your money around between accounts just using regular savings accounts and not TFSAs? I thought if you withdrawl from a TFSA you don't get that contribution room tacked back on until the following year? I didn't get this offer this time (I normally seem to get most of them) and I have the lowly 0.15% rate on my TFSA right now so I think I should move it out in hopes of a better offer coming at some point soon-ish.
Yeah just regular high savings interest accounts. I have mutual funds/stocks personally in my TFSA, I don't think it makes much sense to use a high interest savings account for a TFSA.
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
[*FREE* Glasses!] [Lenovo 28" IPS 4K 60Hz Display] [Polk Audio Subwoofer] [Cheap G-Shock Like Watch]
Feb 13, 2008
977 posts
765 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
canuckcolehead wrote: Anybody that didn’t receive this offer call in to Tangerine and get it added/applied ?
I just moved my money to Simplii Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Ticco wrote: If you got the email confirmation for the 2.3%, is that sufficient?
It's both necessary and sufficient. Some people have posted upthread that they didn't get their bonus at the end of the promo. When they called in to complain those who had an email confirmation got theirs added manually but those who didn't just got a cold shoulder.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2018
1136 posts
1570 upvotes
The Dawg Pound
Zero wrote: I don't think it makes much sense to use a high interest savings account for a TFSA.
Aside from the fact that not everyone wants to play the stock market, it also depends how old you are. Seniors have to be especially careful about taking market risks because there's not as much time to recoup your losses
Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1607 upvotes
Tee . Oh
threadhead wrote: Aside from the fact that not everyone wants to play the stock market, it also depends how old you are. Seniors have to be especially careful about taking market risks because there's not as much time to recoup your losses
I guess that's true, to each their own.
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7774 posts
1646 upvotes
Toronto
RKD60520 wrote: I got the offer in my insights and yeah I cleared out the account yesterday (October 6th) so at midnight October 6th, it shows as 0 balance.

I'll risk it for a month and bring the money back to see if it gives me interest.
Where is this "Insights"?? I've spend 20 minute digging around their home page and even did a Search for "Insights" but it's nowhere I can see. Frustrating...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9404 posts
5374 upvotes
Inno wrote: Where is this "Insights"?? I've spend 20 minute digging around their home page and even did a Search for "Insights" but it's nowhere I can see. Frustrating...
On the Desktop version, it's in the menu bar across the top of the left-hand side of your screen. For mine, it is the second option between OVERVIEW and TRANSACTIONS.
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
Inno wrote: Where is this "Insights"?? I've spend 20 minute digging around their home page and even did a Search for "Insights" but it's nowhere I can see. Frustrating...
It's under the black bar, and it's also beside "overview":

Hope this helps.
Sep 13, 2018
171 posts
313 upvotes
Looks like we got a 2.15% interest rate right? I got a promotional interest and base interest which I assume is .15 for a total of 2.15.

Lazy to do the math as I had multiple deposits after the period started.
Jul 12, 2011
258 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
Just got this 2% offer finally in my account, said it wil be good till March 31st for me. Hopefully those who didnt get it before will hv this now.
Jul 25, 2018
109 posts
174 upvotes
I just got this offer, too, but I already activated the 2.3% at Simplii, also until March 31st. Is there any impact if I don't accept this offer? Will Tangerine send me fewer offers in the future if I do so? Does anybody have any first-hand experience on this? Thanks.
Aug 5, 2007
551 posts
498 upvotes
uwengdori wrote: I have decent amount of money in Tangerine but I never get these offers and don't get why. been their customer for several years. did get one 6 month offer several years ago.
I literally just moved out $50k from my tangerine account, and 5 minutes later I got the offer in my insights.

But it says they'd calculate my account total from November 3rd(so prior to my $50k transfer), so only new deposit will be eligible.

Which means, if I'm understanding it correctly, even IF i move my $50k back to my account, I still don't qualify for the 2% because the balance won't be meaningfully higher than my total account balance on 3rd of November.

Can anyone confirm my thinking?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1714 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
fromage wrote: I literally just moved out $50k from my tangerine account, and 5 minutes later I got the offer in my insights.

But it says they'd calculate my account total from November 3rd(so prior to my $50k transfer), so only new deposit will be eligible.

Which means, if I'm understanding it correctly, even IF i move my $50k back to my account, I still don't qualify for the 2% because the balance won't be meaningfully higher than my total account balance on 3rd of November.

Can anyone confirm my thinking?
Correct. $50k will be your base amount and only anything above is eligible