Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

YMMV - Earn 2.00% interest* on deposits to your Savings Account(s) until February 28, 2021.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2021 2:27 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
13825 posts
17957 upvotes
Vancouver
fromage wrote: I literally just moved out $50k from my tangerine account, and 5 minutes later I got the offer in my insights.

But it says they'd calculate my account total from November 3rd(so prior to my $50k transfer), so only new deposit will be eligible.

Which means, if I'm understanding it correctly, even IF i move my $50k back to my account, I still don't qualify for the 2% because the balance won't be meaningfully higher than my total account balance on 3rd of November.

Can anyone confirm my thinking?
Me too...I opened a Simplii account and just finished linking it to Tangerine today. Will be moving $40k from Tang to Simplii, and the $10k sitting in a third account that might have gone to Tang to take advantage of the 2% will now be going to Simplii as well. Nice attempt at an offer Tangerine, but your fine print completely undermines it and has pushed me to the competition.
May 16, 2012
188 posts
92 upvotes
Markham
Got 2%!! I was really hoping for this in the current crappy interest rate environment!

Thanks Tangerine!.. And Simplii too for keeping things competitive!
FC
Aug 5, 2007
313 posts
277 upvotes
Majokito wrote: Correct. $50k will be your base amount and only anything above is eligible
what a joke. they only offered that when i moved my money out. lesson learned with tangerine. always move the money out right after a promotion.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1427 posts
1703 upvotes
fromage wrote: what a joke. they only offered that when i moved my money out. lesson learned with tangerine. always move the money out right after a promotion.
I actually move it out a couple days before the end. I've gotten back to back promotions before so I make sure I empty the account early now.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
13825 posts
17957 upvotes
Vancouver
I opened my account within the 2% promo time frame, but everything in the snail mail and on the screen is telling me that my savings account rate is 0.2%. Is everyone else seeing that too? I guess I'll have to wait a month and see what the first interest payment is.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7173 posts
3634 upvotes
West GTEH!
*bump*

Just a reminder, Promo ends in a couple days.
Hopefully I receive a new Promo offer. (probably not)
😎
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9049 posts
4884 upvotes
I was debating when to move my funds OUT of Tangerine and decided to take a chance and wait until Monday (which will be March). It seems highly unlikely that Tangerine will be offering a bonus next week.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2018
1135 posts
1570 upvotes
The Dawg Pound
choclover wrote: I was debating when to move my funds OUT of Tangerine and decided to take a chance and wait until Monday (which will be March). It seems highly unlikely that Tangerine will be offering a bonus next week.
I've been dribbling out funds elsewhere all week, but with the destination of the last $44K still undecided and the weekend coming, I did the same as you and left it there until Monday morning. Hope I didn't screw myself...
Nov 18, 2008
408 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
I tried the chat on Tangerine and the rep said come back on the 28th after your current deal expires to see what they can offer. Not sure if he was just trying to get rid of me.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9049 posts
4884 upvotes
jkhan wrote: I tried the chat on Tangerine and the rep said come back on the 28th after your current deal expires to see what they can offer. Not sure if he was just trying to get rid of me.
I have heard them say that before.
Nov 18, 2008
408 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
Tried chat today, offered 1.4% right away so I took it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9049 posts
4884 upvotes
jkhan wrote: Tried chat today, offered 1.4% right away so I took it.
I was offered 1.4% but politely declined as I can do better at Simplii for the rest of the month. I didn't want to forfeit any future promo offers that may come from Tangerine next month. I'll probably regret it, knowing my luck but that was my thought process.
Nov 18, 2008
408 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
choclover wrote: I was offered 1.4% but politely declined as I can do better at Simplii for the rest of the month. I didn't want to forfeit any future promo offers that may come from Tangerine next month. I'll probably regret it, knowing my luck but that was my thought process.
Yeah, I got the same Simplii off, but I had not moved my money out before new offer kicked in (their silly games, if it's an offer why add these conditions).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
7173 posts
3634 upvotes
West GTEH!
Anyone receive new Interest Promo offer via email or through Tangerine Account "Insights" page?

I moved all my $$ out on March 1 after my 2% Promo ended.
😎
Nov 18, 2008
408 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
Go to contact us, a bit down there should be a online chat option, click that. If it's busy, it will say not available right now, just refresh the page.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)