Expired Hot Deals

Tangerine

YMMV - Earn 2.00% interest* on deposits to your Savings Account(s) until February 28, 2021.

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2021 2:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6490 posts
3897 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: How did you do your transfer?
Go to Tangerine and create a link with your external bank (say Scotia). You need to provide Tangerine the Institution #, Transit # and account #. Tangerine will then put 2 micro deposits into you account, it usually takes one full day. Then when it's ready at Tangerine, you can then confirm the link by enter the exact cents of the 2 transactions. Once it's linked, you can then setup the transfer at Tangerine end to pull money over from your other bank. It usually takes one business day. The money pulled over at Tangerine will be on hold for 5 business days
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 8, 2009
50215 posts
6379 upvotes
Toronto
Quentin5 wrote: How did you do your transfer?
If both of the accounts are linked you just do a manual pull/transfer from the Tangerine site. I did that and it got processed overnight but all of the funds still need to clear, still allows you to be eligible for the interest during those processing days.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
3020 posts
1814 upvotes
GTA
Quentin5 wrote: How did you do your transfer?
mkl38s wrote: Go to Tangerine and create a link with your external bank (say Scotia). You need to provide Tangerine the Institution #, Transit # and account #. Tangerine will then put 2 micro deposits into you account, it usually takes one full day. Then when it's ready at Tangerine, you can then confirm the link by enter the exact cents of the 2 transactions. Once it's linked, you can then setup the transfer at Tangerine end to pull money over from your other bank. It usually takes one business day. The money pulled over at Tangerine will be on hold for 5 business days
Jimboski wrote: If both of the accounts are linked you just do a manual pull/transfer from the Tangerine site. I did that and it got processed overnight but all of the funds still need to clear, still allows you to be eligible for the interest during those processing days.

Thanks guys for explaining, it takes lil time to setup but then your set to move money quicker for these saving account rate wars between banks.
Member
Feb 8, 2017
296 posts
168 upvotes
All I know is that EQ is totally crap! Horrible experience with them within the first 2 weeks of moving my money. Now that I got this offer its going back to tangerine Tangerine
Newbie
Aug 28, 2017
25 posts
6 upvotes
Most banks offer free interac now but fair enough. Take my upvote.
Newbie
Aug 28, 2017
25 posts
6 upvotes
I suspect it's quicker because they share more systems than other banks.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 19, 2015
1360 posts
787 upvotes
GTA
dbC00per wrote: got this 2.0%
got 2.3%
got 2.15%
got 2.5%
got 2.0% ctb
...on a roll!
Did you have to call in? That’s awesome
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2015
287 posts
324 upvotes
-37.68611 176.16667
SignedA wrote: Did you have to call in? That’s awesome
Nope.
either offers on my accounts (with nil balances on all of them when offered) or I opened the accounts (ctb, manulife).
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 19, 2009
6111 posts
1975 upvotes
Scarborough
Took all my money out on October 6th but didn't get the promotion :(
Newbie
Dec 7, 2011
41 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver, British C…
How often they give the promotion? I had half my US$ still in while I got the promotion. I took them out quickly after got email about the promotion hoping I can then put them back as new deposit (now i learned they screenshot unfortunatelly:D) All my money are out now. But wondering if I would not activate it, and not deposit them back, do they send new promotion later maybe in few months? Should I wait or no chance for new promo soon since i already got one? Or just take the promo and make some money at least on half of them? Thanks for advices!!!
Newbie
Dec 7, 2011
41 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver, British C…
Is Tangerine Only one who do a 2% promotion for US$? Any other suggestions for any other bank for US dollars please?? (just seen some 0.5% max)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
8423 posts
2073 upvotes
If my money is sitting in the chequing account and I move it over, does it count?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25123 posts
21556 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
filakotekova wrote: Is Tangerine Only one who do a 2% promotion for US$? Any other suggestions for any other bank for US dollars please?? (just seen some 0.5% max)
Correct. TING's rate is actually higher than the best HISA rate available in the US. Last time I checked their's was under 1.5%. Count your blessings and "just say Yes."
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2009
3005 posts
416 upvotes
EPcjay wrote: If my money is sitting in the chequing account and I move it over, does it count?
yes
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 12, 2019
190 posts
166 upvotes
excuse my ignorance, but i really nee to know why would people settle for 2% and lock their money for 1 year to get only 2%!! i never understand the mentality! a blue chip stock during this volatile market gives much much more if you are willing to lock for one year! the rate of inflation in 2019 was 1.95% and i am pretty sure the covid is gonna make it 3% this year! even jojo rabbit knows that! that means you will be 1% negative by the end of this year! why so much interest? what am i missing here? anyone?
Member
Jul 26, 2016
246 posts
133 upvotes
If I read this offer correctly, it's just a savings account so you can withdraw your money at any point.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2046 posts
1976 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Kayvan83 wrote: excuse my ignorance, but i really nee to know why would people settle for 2% and lock their money for 1 year to get only 2%!! i never understand the mentality! a blue chip stock during this volatile market gives much much more if you are willing to lock for one year! the rate of inflation in 2019 was 1.95% and i am pretty sure the covid is gonna make it 3% this year! even jojo rabbit knows that! that means you will be 1% negative by the end of this year! why so much interest? what am i missing here? anyone?
theres no lock. you can move anytime.
you also shouldn't put emergency money in stocks, regardless how nonvolatile it is. if you have 10k emergency money put aside with the requirement of being able to withdraw the full amount anytime, why would you not want 2% interest on that?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 12, 2019
190 posts
166 upvotes
Sicklyslick wrote: theres no lock. you can move anytime.
you also shouldn't put emergency money in stocks, regardless how nonvolatile it is. if you have 10k emergency money put aside with the requirement of being able to withdraw the full amount anytime, why would you not want 2% interest on that?
your explanation is very clear and and makes sense. based on my calculation from now until February for every 10k we can earn approximately $16.70 each month!(inflation rate% in)
The cost of borrowing ( credit card @ 20%) and the unproportionality to these 2-3 % rates that appear in this board has always raised that previous question for me!! then i remembered the first fundamental law of capitalism.
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2015
287 posts
324 upvotes
-37.68611 176.16667
Kayvan83 wrote: excuse my ignorance, but i really nee to know why would people settle for 2% and lock their money for 1 year to get only 2%!! i never understand the mentality! a blue chip stock during this volatile market gives much much more if you are willing to lock for one year! the rate of inflation in 2019 was 1.95% and i am pretty sure the covid is gonna make it 3% this year! even jojo rabbit knows that! that means you will be 1% negative by the end of this year! why so much interest? what am i missing here? anyone?
two words: LOW RISK
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25123 posts
21556 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Kayvan83 wrote: excuse my ignorance, but i really nee to know why would people settle for 2% and lock their money for 1 year to get only 2%!! i never understand the mentality! a blue chip stock during this volatile market gives much much more if you are willing to lock for one year!
Oh??? Which stock has guaranteed to return your full investment a year from now, never mind guarantee their dividend?

Ohh... and which HISA and which stock requires you to "lock for one year"?
and i am pretty sure the covid is gonna make it 3% this year! even jojo rabbit knows that!
Oh??? Has jojo shared his prescience with the economists at the Bank of Canada who predict a much lower rate? Has jojo shared his prescience with the bond market who also predict a much lower rate? What does this jojo know that has apparently eluded these dudes?
what am i missing here?
Ummm... perhaps some solid skepticism with what jojo is telling you.
veni, vidi, Visa

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)