Expired Hot Deals

[TAP Air Portugal] Toronto (YYZ) to Terciera Island Azores (TER) via Lisbon March $440 Return

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 25th, 2020 8:28 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3929 posts
1828 upvotes

[TAP Air Portugal] Toronto (YYZ) to Terciera Island Azores (TER) via Lisbon March $440 Return

A few flights departing Toronto (YYZ) to Terciera Island in the Azores at $440 return although you may be able to apply a discount to bring it down to $409. There may be other dates at this fare but from what I could see at ITA Matrix departures from Toronto are on March 19th, 26th, 29th, 30th and 31st.

Fare is for carry on only so you'll pay extra for checked baggage.

Temperatures on Terciera are around 15 C during the day in March dropping to around 10 C at night.

I've heard it's not always easy to get accommodation so you may want to see what you can find on the net first.

TAP allows one to five days in Lisbon if you wish.

When doing a trial booking through Google Flights it said $429 return but then when clicking through to TAP the discount there brought it down to $409.

Sample flight:

Depart YYZ Sunday March 29th. Arrive in Lisbon on Monday March 30th.

Depart LIS Thursday April 2nd and arrive on Terciera Island.

Depart TER on Thursday April 9th for LIS to get the connecting return flight to YYZ.
23 replies
Newbie
Mar 3, 2019
25 posts
109 upvotes
I was able to get Sao Miguel a month ago for the same price and dates. SM is where all the real stuff is it seemed, there isn't much on tercierra. I had no problem finding amazing oceanfront hotels for less than $80 a night on Expedia and airbnb, as it's the slow season. A rental car was also only 10 euro a day, amazing.. cheapest vacation ever..
Member
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
420 posts
121 upvotes
Montreal
Oh man. I so want to go to the azores.
Too bad. Not from Montréal.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 20, 2016
1383 posts
936 upvotes
Toronto
Terceira* means third in Portuguese. :)

That's a good price going to continental Portugal alone, having a couple of days on the islands wouldn't be a bad idea at all.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 24, 2005
5716 posts
319 upvotes
I've only been to Sao Miguel in the Azores. Spent about 10 days there with my wife and young toddler. An amazingly beautiful place.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3929 posts
1828 upvotes
Did a few searches this morning from Toronto (YYZ) to Ponta Delgada (PDL) and using a combination of ITA Matrix and Skyscanner.ca found some fares that went through the TAP Air Portugal website for as low as $375 return. You may have better luck but couldn't find a date combination that allowed for a stay of a few days in Lisbon.

Sample date:

Depart Toronto (YYZ) March 30th

Return from Ponta Delgada (PDL) to Toronto on April 9th.

$375 return.
Member
Jul 22, 2012
382 posts
37 upvotes
Maple
Any deals in late april early may? or am i just dreaming
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3929 posts
1828 upvotes
juvehab wrote: Any deals in late april early may? or am i just dreaming
From what I can see, the low fares are only showing up for Toronto departures on certain days during mid to late March.
Member
Dec 28, 2010
477 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
xwar wrote: I've only been to Sao Miguel in the Azores. Spent about 10 days there with my wife and young toddler. An amazingly beautiful place.
Would you recommend 10days or a shorter duration? I guess with a toddler, getting an airbnb would be suitable ....how were the accommodations ?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
7370 posts
855 upvotes
TO
We went to Lisbon in mid summer of 2018, what a beautiful city it is - full of architecture, landscapes, history etc. I can't remember if we had a one stop in PDL (Ponta delgada) or SM but it was a beautiful island area, airport was super small. TAP provided meals as well. Not sure if it;s true but my colleague said you could technically do downtown PDL and the city as it's pretty small in a day or two max.

Hoping here pops a deal for Porto as we missed that city.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
7370 posts
855 upvotes
TO
Stryker wrote: A few flights departing Toronto (YYZ) to Terciera Island in the Azores at $440 return although you may be able to apply a discount to bring it down to $409. There may be other dates at this fare but from what I could see at ITA Matrix departures from Toronto are on March 19th, 26th, 29th, 30th and 31st.

Fare is for carry on only so you'll pay extra for checked baggage.

Temperatures on Terciera are around 15 C during the day in March dropping to around 10 C at night.

I've heard it's not always easy to get accommodation so you may want to see what you can find on the net first.

TAP allows one to five days in Lisbon if you wish.

When doing a trial booking through Google Flights it said $429 return but then when clicking through to TAP the discount there brought it down to $409.

Sample flight:

Depart YYZ Sunday March 29th. Arrive in Lisbon on Monday March 30th.

Depart LIS Thursday April 2nd and arrive on Terciera Island.

Depart TER on Thursday April 9th for LIS to get the connecting return flight to YYZ.
hi op
how does one curate a trip that includes 4 day stay in lisbon?
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Sr. Member
Apr 10, 2005
610 posts
63 upvotes
Montreal
MichaelH30889 wrote: I was able to get Sao Miguel a month ago for the same price and dates. SM is where all the real stuff is it seemed, there isn't much on tercierra. I had no problem finding amazing oceanfront hotels for less than $80 a night on Expedia and airbnb, as it's the slow season. A rental car was also only 10 euro a day, amazing.. cheapest vacation ever..
Where’d you rent the car from? Most of what I’m finding seems much more expensive than that (at least for the month of June)?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
3929 posts
1828 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: hi op
how does one curate a trip that includes 4 day stay in lisbon?
By trying different date combinations at a travel site that allows multi-city searches. Examples would be Google Flights, Expedia, Momondo or Skyscanner. You won't always be successful at looking for what you want, but sometimes you may get surprised. I've also read that it's a good idea to keep your departure and return dates the same as found on any initial search.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 8, 2007
3726 posts
734 upvotes
Ontario
Heading to Sao Miguel this summer, wondering for those who have traveled on Azores airlines how strict they are on carry on sizes. They say the carry on must be 55 x 40 x 20 cm (total sum of 115 cm). Having a heck of a time finding a luggage set that is below 20cm in width, most are 22-23.
Newbie
Mar 3, 2019
25 posts
109 upvotes
msb45 wrote: Where’d you rent the car from? Most of what I’m finding seems much more expensive than that (at least for the month of June)?
A place called gorentacar.pt.

They had decent reviews on Google

Top