TAP is a crap (it even rhymes) airline

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1515 posts
200 upvotes
East York, ON

TAP is a crap (it even rhymes) airline

So after taking my money and causing me a huge inconvenience with getting my money back from them they have the guts to send me emails with great deals
I say "TAP go a .... yourself!"

YOU WILL NEVER GET MY BUSINESS AGAIN

[external link removed, do not repost]
32 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35029 posts
9050 upvotes
Ottawa
Owww, there you were, telling folks how to get their money back and how you can do this and that and in the end...you got nothing. What happened to all the advice from Gabor? Didn't work??
Arguing and calling names to people that did not agree with you and in the end, you did not get a refund either.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2007
1267 posts
412 upvotes
thanks for the absolute lack of context OP, downvoted.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4128 posts
3562 upvotes
If I ever travel to Portugal I'm choosing TAP just because I love it when businesses have the balls to stand up to overly entitled customers rather than bend over and take it.

As a former customer service agent for various companies, that was part of the job I enjoyed. If you're reasonable and cooperative, it will be my pleasure to help you. If you come in looking for a fight, I will see to it that you will get your wish. And you will lose that fight.

Seeing you not get your refund, made my day! You don't deserve anything given your attitude. GO TAP GO!!

Go crawling back to your savior Gabor Lame-o and see what he tells you. Lemme guess, "chargeback"? "class action"? "Complain to the EU"? HA HA HA!
Give up dude. Take your voucher and book for 2021 like you should have months ago.
Or keep fighting, keep losing, and keep wasting RFD bandwidth on your bellyaching. Or just keep doing that for me and @Pete_Coach 's entertainment!
South St. Meatloaf Burgers is Lick's v2.0. Works Shit Burger is a bad copycat of Red Robin. MTY Shit Restaurants Group - AVOID AVOID AVOID!
Chalet sauce is a culinary abomination. Keurig can't properly brew coffee.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1263 posts
1222 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: If I ever travel to Portugal I'm choosing TAP just because I love it when businesses have the balls to stand up to overly entitled customers rather than bend over and take it.
TAP is lowkey garbage, though I feel an affinity toward it because those are my initials. However, if you're a fan of companies not taking shit from customers, that's business as usual in Portugal, lol. You're lucky just to get the usual "Sorry your experience didn't live up to our standards" if you make a complaint.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6568 posts
1134 upvotes
Scarborough
Direct flight to Lisbon is better than connections. Plus maybe tap fare may be cheaper than AC or Transat
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35029 posts
9050 upvotes
Ottawa
13inches wrote: Ya'll two dating?
Nawww, we had a very public breakup and he put me on his ignore list. I was devastated....still am :(
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Jul 16, 2019
308 posts
178 upvotes
Taking your money and not refunding but offering a credit. Hmmm. Sounds familiar. Like AC.
I have flown TAP and they were no worse than other major carriers. And they have some good fares into Europe specially in business. Lisbon is a great city if you use them for a stopover.
Dec 28, 2011
794 posts
283 upvotes
Midland
Most airlines did not refund there money back.

Im excited for my Tap flight in September!
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4128 posts
3562 upvotes
Ninja Robot Pirate wrote: TAP is lowkey garbage, though I feel an affinity toward it because those are my initials. However, if you're a fan of companies not taking shit from customers, that's business as usual in Portugal, lol. You're lucky just to get the usual "Sorry your experience didn't live up to our standards" if you make a complaint.
You're saying TAP (a flag carrier of an EU nation) is their equivalent to Sunwing and Trashcan?
South St. Meatloaf Burgers is Lick's v2.0. Works Shit Burger is a bad copycat of Red Robin. MTY Shit Restaurants Group - AVOID AVOID AVOID!
Chalet sauce is a culinary abomination. Keurig can't properly brew coffee.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35029 posts
9050 upvotes
Ottawa
vernonco wrote: Taking your money and not refunding but offering a credit. Hmmm. Sounds familiar. Like AC.
I have flown TAP and they were no worse than other major carriers. And they have some good fares into Europe specially in business. Lisbon is a great city if you use them for a stopover.
Like Air Canada, the one that lost $1.7 billion last quarter alone???
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-ca ... -1.5670104
Jul 16, 2019
308 posts
178 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: Like Air Canada, the one that lost $1.7 billion last quarter alone???
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-ca ... -1.5670104
Yes. Like Air Canada. But better priced.
Providing a credit instead of a refund is due to lax Canadian regulators. All carriers in Canada have only been offering a credit, not a refund. And TAP followed.
However they have been a decent airline when we flew them and no complaints. Not a top airline but certainly not the worst as the OP suggested. Mid table.
Some of their fares from Canada/US have been very good, specially in business class.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35029 posts
9050 upvotes
Ottawa
vernonco wrote: Yes. Like Air Canada. But better priced.
Providing a credit instead of a refund is due to lax Canadian regulators. All carriers in Canada have only been offering a credit, not a refund. And TAP followed.
However they have been a decent airline when we flew them and no complaints. Not a top airline but certainly not the worst as the OP suggested. Mid table.
Some of their fares from Canada/US have been very good, specially in business class.
Look it up. There are many many airlines all over the world that are giving credits and vouchers.The point of the link was to show that Air Canada has no money.
I got a refund form Air Canada.