Travel

TAP is a crap (it even rhymes) airline

Member
Oct 31, 2012
455 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
vernonco wrote: Yes. Like Air Canada. But better priced.
Some of their fares from Canada/US have been very good, specially in business class.
I learned that you can more or less always grab a return trip in business class for 1600-1800 on all of the alliances as long as you start in Europe. I booked a cheap one-way a few years back and with a bit of planning ahead you can always be flying business for 800-900 one-way and accumulate miles (e.g. generous Alaska Mileage earnings on British Airways or American).
Member
Jul 16, 2019
471 posts
259 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: Look it up. There are many many airlines all over the world that are giving credits and vouchers.The point of the link was to show that Air Canada has no money.
I got a refund form Air Canada.
Respectfully, AC has money. They don't want to spend it all right now when they are losing money. They were profitable, had decent amount of money in the bank and have now been able to tap into commercial lending to get more money so they are in no danger of going bust for at least a year. At which time the govt will bail them out. At this point every airline is losing money.
I do fly a lot (pre Covid) and have had the highest frequent flier status with AC for many years in a row so I do keep a close eye on AC.
Anyway back to regular programming - and how bad or not TAP is.
Member
Jul 16, 2019
471 posts
259 upvotes
donttoewsmebro wrote: I learned that you can more or less always grab a return trip in business class for 1600-1800 on all of the alliances as long as you start in Europe. I booked a cheap one-way a few years back and with a bit of planning ahead you can always be flying business for 800-900 one-way and accumulate miles (e.g. generous Alaska Mileage earnings on British Airways or American).
True. TAP had a business class fare YYZ-LIS return for USD $1300 till May of next year. Fare may still be on sale. That would make it the cheapest TATL fare in business.
Member
Oct 31, 2012
455 posts
662 upvotes
Toronto
vernonco wrote: True. TAP had a business class fare YYZ-LIS return for USD $1300 till May of next year. Fare may still be on sale. That would make it the cheapest TATL fare in business.
1300 USD is 1743 CAD. My latest I paid 1638 CAD for Sofia-YYZ R/T on AC (mainly to try the signature lounge), normally I would pick a good Alaska Mileage earner. 1743 YYZ-LIS is ok but then if you want to go anywhere else you're easily stuck 2.5-3 hours in economy plus money (if not using points for business).
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2565 posts
1742 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: If I ever travel to Portugal I'm choosing TAP just because I love it when businesses have the balls to stand up to overly entitled customers rather than bend over and take it.

As a former customer service agent for various companies, that was part of the job I enjoyed. If you're reasonable and cooperative, it will be my pleasure to help you. If you come in looking for a fight, I will see to it that you will get your wish. And you will lose that fight.

Seeing you not get your refund, made my day! You don't deserve anything given your attitude. GO TAP GO!!

Go crawling back to your savior Gabor Lame-o and see what he tells you. Lemme guess, "chargeback"? "class action"? "Complain to the EU"? HA HA HA!
Give up dude. Take your voucher and book for 2021 like you should have months ago.
Or keep fighting, keep losing, and keep wasting RFD bandwidth on your bellyaching. Or just keep doing that for me and @Pete_Coach 's entertainment!
The worst part of Gabor Lukacs is he is actually advising people not to pay their credit card bills (call me crazy but I can’t see any good coming out of that?). The wisdom doesn’t stop there... when you get sent to a collection agency call the cops since that’s considered harassment *face palm*
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4363 posts
3899 upvotes
BrunetteGirl wrote: The worst part of Gabor Lukacs is he is actually advising people not to pay their credit card bills (call me crazy but I can’t see any good coming out of that?). The wisdom doesn’t stop there... when you get sent to a collection agency call the cops since that’s considered harassment *face palm*
This is the most hilarious thing I've heard in months. Even funnier than Trump saying to drink disinfectant to kill the virus! You expect dumb shit from Trump so it wasn't surprising nor funny.

For somebody who's supposedly some math genius Gabor is actually an idiot. Has advanced degrees but lacks common sense. "Book smart" but real life stupid.

I hope many of his followers like the OP get sent to collections and totally trash their credit reports. Serves them right for taking advice from an idiot.

If they all think they can successfully sue airlines, they'll be in for a nasty surprise when they try to sue banks....

I wish Consumer Alert and others expose him for the fraud that he is. Thank you for hopefully beginning the downfall of Gabor...
Friendly reminder #1: The Golden Arches fast food chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you for your attention.
Friendly reminder #2: Price matching is NOT the law. Never was, never will be. Nobody can stop you from shopping elsewhere.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
35477 posts
9506 upvotes
Ottawa
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: This is the most hilarious thing I've heard in months....

If they all think they can successfully sue airlines, they'll be in for a nasty surprise when they try to sue banks....

I wish Consumer Alert and others expose him for the fraud that he is. Thank you for hopefully beginning the downfall of Gabor...
Thing is, many news organizations use Gabor Lukacs as a consumer expert commentator on airlines and quote and show him on TV often.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
35477 posts
9506 upvotes
Ottawa
vernonco wrote: Respectfully, AC has money. They don't want to spend it all right now when they are losing money. They were profitable, had decent amount of money in the bank and have now been able to tap into commercial lending to get more money so they are in no danger of going bust for at least a year. At which time the govt will bail them out. At this point every airline is losing money.
I do fly a lot (pre Covid) and have had the highest frequent flier status with AC for many years in a row so I do keep a close eye on AC.
Anyway back to regular programming - and how bad or not TAP is.
I think you are mislead. They had previously announced they spent all their cash on hand. Then they started with lay offs, selling aircraft and cancelling routes and other things to save expenditures. They are now cash poor. There does not seem to be any government bailout in the foreseeable future. If the government did that they would have to bail out Westjet, Porter, Transat and all the others too....methinks there is not enough in the government coffers to do that.

The overall point was that many airlines, around the world were and are giving credits and vouchers as opposed to cash refunds.

Lets stay on topic and debate the OP's claim that TAP is crap LOL I do not hink so, TAP is as good as most European national airlines.
Last edited by Pete_Coach on Aug 1st, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Member
Jul 16, 2019
471 posts
259 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: I think you are mislead. They had previously announced they spent all their cash on hand. Then they started with lay offs, selling aircraft and cancelling routes and other things to save expenditures. They are no cash poor. There does not seem to be any government bailout in the foreseeable future. If the government did that they would have to bail out Westjet, Porter, Transat and all the oher too....methinks there is not enough in the government coffers to do that.

The overall point was that many airlines, around the world were and are giving credits and vouchers as opposed to cash refunds.

Lets stay on topic and debate the OP's claim that TAP is crap LOL I do not hink so, TAP is as good as most European national airlines.
Yes, I agree. The overall point was that many airlines, around the world were and are giving credits and vouchers as opposed to cash refunds.

Lets stay on topic and debate the OP's claim that TAP is crap LOL I do not hink so, TAP is as good as most European national airlines.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4363 posts
3899 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: Thing is, many news organizations use Gabor Lukacs as a consumer expert commentator on airlines and quote and show him on TV often.
Maybe next time he does one of his televised rants he should say not to pay your credit card and then call the cops on collection agents.... Doubt he does that...
Friendly reminder #1: The Golden Arches fast food chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you for your attention.
Friendly reminder #2: Price matching is NOT the law. Never was, never will be. Nobody can stop you from shopping elsewhere.
Sr. Member
Jan 30, 2017
656 posts
73 upvotes
CuriousC wrote: So after taking my money and causing me a huge inconvenience with getting my money back from them they have the guts to send me emails with great deals
I say "TAP go a .... yourself!"

YOU WILL NEVER GET MY BUSINESS AGAIN

Image
Tap has been nothing but great for me.
Offered me refund, or credit plus 20% no issues. Service is very decent as I have flown with them multiple times. Sorry your experience sucked.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1641 posts
208 upvotes
East York, ON
Pete_Coach wrote: Owww, there you were, telling folks how to get their money back and how you can do this and that and in the end...you got nothing. What happened to all the advice from Gabor? Didn't work??
Arguing and calling names to people that did not agree with you and in the end, you did not get a refund either.
I think you have memory issues
I told you I got my money back via TD...
Yo have been embarassed around here by users who could see you pleading in airlines favor after geting your money back
Before that you were trashing them
Boneless
[external link removed, do not repost]
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1641 posts
208 upvotes
East York, ON
Mylocosta wrote: Tap has been nothing but great for me.
Offered me refund, or credit plus 20% no issues. Service is very decent as I have flown with them multiple times. Sorry your experience sucked.

Go and check their twitter account ..you and the other guy who needed context
I hope that patting each other' back around here and up voting each other comforts you guys because this is going to be a long suffering for this industry
See how many ppl are asking for their money back
I was lucky that I squeezed TD by telling them I am going to take my business somewhere else and the problem got magically resolved
(mortgage renewal was due :-)) )

So yeah TAP is CRAP and is all out there you can read it
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TAPairp ... yped_query


Surprising how many travel agents are around here...must be tough with no business these days
[external link removed, do not repost]
Sr. Member
Jan 30, 2017
656 posts
73 upvotes
CuriousC wrote: Go and check their twitter account ..you and the other guy who needed context
I hope that patting each other' back around here and up voting each other comforts you guys because this is going to be a long suffering for this industry
See how many ppl are asking for their money back
I was lucky that I squeezed TD by telling them I am going to take my business somewhere else and the problem got magically resolved
(mortgage renewal was due :-)) )

So yeah TAP is CRAP and is all out there you can read it
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TAPairp ... yped_query


Surprising how many travel agents are around here...must be tough with no business these days
I’m telling you my experience with them. Do they have unhappy customers?... they sure do as you are one of them. And hence you made a thread on it. But I had tickets purchased in January for travel on July 8-July 27 and the canceled my flight because of COVID. I called them the day I got cancelation email. The lady gave us option on refund or voucher. Said it would take 4 weeks to receive. 4 weeks later I received what I wanted. So no I’m not patting no ones back I’m telling you that my experience is the exact opposite of yours. Don’t be belittle anyone. No one here is the reason your having issues with them. We all are giving our insight to situation like I tried. Go have a morning coffee, or take a nap and try to calm yourself a little bit. No of us want you to loose your money! Cheers and God bless!
Also I’m no travel agent I’m in the trades.
Deal Expert
User avatar
May 10, 2005
35477 posts
9506 upvotes
Ottawa
CuriousC wrote: I think you have memory issues
I told you I got my money back via TD...
Yo have been embarassed around here by users who could see you pleading in airlines favor after geting your money back
Before that you were trashing them
Boneless
Yeah right LOL I see more folks agreeing with my take on things than yours or your idol Gabor Lukacs. Don't pay your credit card ...., take them to court......charge back....really, what great advice from a consumer advocate. LOL
Look in the mirror Dude (or dudette). Give your head a shake and empty out the Gabor Lukacs junk and smell reality.
You are losing and your posts are not helping you. LOL
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.

Top