Travel

TAP is a crap (it even rhymes) airline

Dec 28, 2011
846 posts
352 upvotes
Midland
I like to update my comment lol. TAP SUCKS. But I’ll fly them again if they fix my current flight
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3678 posts
2923 upvotes
Pete_Coach wrote: Thing is, many news organizations use Gabor Lukacs as a consumer expert commentator on airlines and quote and show him on TV often.
He's basically the equivalent of the "Canadian taxpayers federation" which despite it's name represents nobody except the three guys that run it and appointed themselves lol
Oct 27, 2012
866 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto
Lol at the tags to this thread!
Nov 30, 2015
169 posts
136 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I've taken TAP a few times in Europe and from there to here, once to Africa. They always seemed pretty decent to me. And the biggest glasses of wine I ever got on a plane was with them on the flight home from Lisbon.
Dec 28, 2011
846 posts
352 upvotes
Midland
I fly tomorrow!

Geezus there flights are full. Today flight Toronto Lisbon was sold out.
Aug 12, 2014
217 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GroverTime wrote: I've taken TAP a few times in Europe and from there to here, once to Africa. They always seemed pretty decent to me. And the biggest glasses of wine I ever got on a plane was with them on the flight home from Lisbon.
I've tried new york and toronto to lisbon and then to zurich. both times on new planes and food is good and i prefer TAP over Air Canada since the price was good.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4382 posts
3910 upvotes
Energie11 wrote: Most airlines did not refund there money back.

Im excited for my Tap flight in September!
Energie11 wrote: I like to update my comment lol. TAP SUCKS. But I’ll fly them again if they fix my current flight
Energie11 wrote: I fly tomorrow!
Geezus there flights are full. Today flight Toronto Lisbon was sold out.
What did they have to fix? Have a great trip, can't wait to hear you tell us about the great service you got!
Friendly reminder #1: The Golden Arches fast food chain is McDonald's, not MacDonald's. Thank you for your attention.
Friendly reminder #2: Price matching is NOT the law. Never was, never will be. Nobody can stop you from shopping elsewhere.
Dec 28, 2011
846 posts
352 upvotes
Midland
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: What did they have to fix? Have a great trip, can't wait to hear you tell us about the great service you got!
It’ll be great so far just me and a buddy in the emergency exit
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35494 posts
9518 upvotes
Ottawa
Energie11 wrote: It’ll be great so far just me and a buddy in the emergency exit
Wherever you are going, I hope you don't have to quarantine and of course, you will have to quarantine for 14 days when you come back to Canada.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Mar 16, 2006
271 posts
331 upvotes
Vancouver
Energie11 wrote: It’ll be great so far just me and a buddy in the emergency exit
Post a trip report. I miss trip reports.
Dec 28, 2011
846 posts
352 upvotes
Midland
flight 10/10 everyone got there own row + 3 pillows + 3 blankets. Used the blankets as a topper and slept on three pillows. FOOD was AMAZING as per usual. 10/10 flight. WIll report on the way home. Each way costed me $80 due to error fare lol.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20790 posts
14692 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
How are people reaching TAP customer service?

I've tried 1-800-221-7370. That connects and immediately hangs up.

I tried 1-800-903-7914. That answers and has an IVR. I press 2 for English then 6 for a human. Eventually someone answers. Sometimes I get disconnected at that point. Sometimes I start talking to an agent but get disconnected.

I tried sending them a message via their website on https://www.flytap.com/en-ca/support/talk-to-us. No response after 10 days.

Any suggestions on how to reach them?
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1641 posts
208 upvotes
East York, ON
you are wasting your time
If you need to get money back from them initiate a charge back via your bank as I did
And don't ever use them again
[external link removed, do not repost]
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
20790 posts
14692 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
CuriousC wrote: you are wasting your time
You are making an unwarranted assumption.
If you need to get money back from them initiate a charge back via your bank as I did
I don't need to get any money back. I just want to speak to an agent about another matter.
And don't ever use them again
That's a separate issue altogether.
veni, vidi, Visa