Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Target Ebay.com]HOT! Dyson DC40 $179.99 USD after coupon! US address required!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2015 11:31 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1834 posts
5520 upvotes

[Target Ebay.com]HOT! Dyson DC40 $179.99 USD after coupon! US address required!

This is an awesome deal for anyone looking to get a good Dyson vacuum cleaner for cheap and have a US address for delivery/pickup.

Target through Ebay.com is selling the Dyson DC40 vacuum cleaner for only $199 USD. Combine that with an ebay.com coupon code: CHOMEDEALS20 to save $20 off $100 or more on home and garden purchases and the price comes down to $179.99 USD (roughly $220 CDN). Free shipping within the USA. No shipping to CDN addresses.

Dyson DC40 link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dyson-DC40-Orig ... 5897aa4aed

$20 off coupon info:

http://www.ebay.com/rpp/memorial-day-ev ... 8461432836

Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable).
23 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2004
1506 posts
607 upvotes
North Vancouver
I can't seem to get the code to work, "The redemption code can't be used for your purchase".

Edit: Typo in OP, the code should be CHOMEDEALS20
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1834 posts
5520 upvotes
da_hool wrote: Edit: Typo in OP, the code should be CHOMEDEALS20
Typo fixed. Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2004
1506 posts
607 upvotes
North Vancouver
Ordered, thanks OP!

Parents were using a Sears Kenmore for like 30+ years and it finally kicked the bucket.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
I am very tempted. this is a good deal.
Place Your Ad Here
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1834 posts
5520 upvotes
tester85 wrote: Ebay.ca has auctioned it for $183 cad? Not sure if you can bid to the same price here

http://m.ebay.ca/itm/371330355779?nav=SEARCH
Current bid: $164.99 USD+ Shipping: $46.20 USD + Import charges: $35.12 USD = $246.51 USD before $20 coupon. Target deal is much better if you have a US address to ship to.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9596 posts
8157 upvotes
Kitchener
Damn, I don't particularly like the plastic construction of Dyson (I bought a Miele upright for myself - but it's quite heavy), but my mom wanted one..........ordered.
Feb 22, 2009
186 posts
47 upvotes
You have to pay the US sale tax TOO before importing !!
Mar 19, 2002
409 posts
248 upvotes
n7n1c1
Can anyone answer if this products 5 year warranty will be honoured in Canada? On the Dyson.com website, it states to refer to the warranty card shipped with vacuum. I called customer service a few minutes after opening but hung up after 15mins of being on hold. Saving would dwindle after the first repair if required.

EDIT: I called the warranty line http://www.dyson.com/support/warranty.aspx 1-866-MY-DYSON (866-693-9766) again and got a rep within 1 minute who said a US purchased product is covered in Canada. I've also emailed them @ [email protected] to get this in writing. Dyson claims that emails will be answered within 2hrs (unsure if that mean from the time i sent it or from the time someone reads it). I'll update my post once i have confirmation. Either way, i've placed my order. Thanks OP!

EDIT2: Here's the response i got from Dyson USA regarding warranty eligibility in Canada. Short answer NO.

[QUOTE]Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for contacting Dyson. We appreciate your inquiry.

Dyson machines are manufactured for use in the country in which they are sold in. If the machine is used in Canada it will void the 5 year manufacture warranty.

We do however sell machines in Canada. Please visit the link below to shop Dyson Canada. http://www.dysoncanada.ca/en-CA/

I hope that you find this information useful. If we can be of additional assistance, pelase do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

Kind regards,
Kaity
Dyson Online Support
For product support, troubleshooting videos and more visit
www.dyson.com/support
1-866-MY-DYSON (1-866-693-9766)
[email protected] [/QUOTE]

EDIT3: Called warranty department again and spoke to a informative rep. She understood that i would be using the product in Canada and that warranty must go through the USA, Canada Dyson will not honour it. She did not mention that the warranty would be clearly voided if used in Canada and that i would not be able to claim USA warranty in the future. She did go on to say that if i requires warranty service Dyson would trouble shoot over the phone and mail any parts needed to a USA address. If the vacuum needed to be sent in, they would pay the return shipping within the USA.

I'm good with the potential leg work as i'm 45min away from the border that meets the USA address requirements. Hope this info helps others with their decision. We currently own a central vac system thats approx. 18+ yrs old and hope this outperforms it without issues for the next 5 years.
Heatware Reference Tyger
Feb 22, 2009
186 posts
47 upvotes
from the Dyson ebay store: Dyson warranty coverage is voided when item leaves the United States.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1142 posts
752 upvotes
Toronto
If you don't mind buying refurb Dyson, I just picked up the refurb DC43 (R) in toronto for $280+tax which comes w/ 2yrs warranty in a warehouse sale. There are other Dyson models (e.g. DC32 $280) at the Dyson counter and you can talk to the Dyson sales who are putting many models for demo on the floor so you can try and compare. Besides the included accessories in the box you also an extra attachment of your choice.

The warehouse sale is up this and next weekend.
http://megahomeshow.com/event/

If I remember correctly the corded refurb has 2 yrs warranty and the cordless just 1yr.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
22260 posts
35707 upvotes
ONTARIO
I bought a refurb dyson from their refurb section of their site (dyson canada) a few years back and when I had an issue with it I called up dyson. When asking where I purchased it, they wanted to know if I had purchased it from their ebay store.
After I told him no, I got it from the site, he immediately told me he would ship me out the replacement part no problem. I received it like 2 days later free of charge.

Not sure what the deal was with the ebay question. Do they not offer the same warranty if you purchase from their ebay page?
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
Tyger wrote: Can anyone answer if this products 5 year warranty will be honoured in Canada? On the Dyson.com website, it states to refer to the warranty card shipped with vacuum. I called customer service a few minutes after opening but hung up after 15mins of being on hold. Saving would dwindle after the first repair if required.

EDIT: I called the warranty line http://www.dyson.com/support/warranty.aspx 1-866-MY-DYSON (866-693-9766) again and got a rep within 1 minute who said a US purchased product is covered in Canada. I've also emailed them @ [email protected] to get this in writing. Dyson claims that emails will be answered within 2hrs (unsure if that mean from the time i sent it or from the time someone reads it). I'll update my post once i have confirmation. Either way, i've placed my order. Thanks OP!

EDIT2: Here's the response i got from Dyson USA regarding warranty eligibility in Canada. Short answer NO.

EDIT3: Called warranty department again and spoke to a informative rep. She understood that i would be using the product in Canada and that warranty must go through the USA, Canada Dyson will not honour it. She did not mention that the warranty would be clearly voided if used in Canada and that i would not be able to claim USA warranty in the future. She did go on to say that if i requires warranty service Dyson would trouble shoot over the phone and mail any parts needed to a USA address. If the vacuum needed to be sent in, they would pay the return shipping within the USA.

I'm good with the potential leg work as i'm 45min away from the border that meets the USA address requirements. Hope this info helps others with their decision. We currently own a central vac system thats approx. 18+ yrs old and hope this outperforms it without issues for the next 5 years.
Dyson doesn't want Canadian retailers to loose out on sales. I think this is BS, I would simply buy the same vacuum, photocopy the receipt and return it. that way you have your Canadian proof of purchase. problem solved.
Place Your Ad Here
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3450 posts
3023 upvotes
GVRD
RatePlans wrote: Dyson doesn't want Canadian retailers to loose out on sales. I think this is BS, I would simply buy the same vacuum, photocopy the receipt and return it. that way you have your Canadian proof of purchase. problem solved.
Doesn't work that way, the serial # on each machine has the country code where the machines ended up selling. They do track the serial # so if you does not have a receipt, they have a good idea of when it was made and where it was sold.
May 21, 2002
775 posts
212 upvotes
RatePlans wrote: Dyson doesn't want Canadian retailers to loose out on sales. I think this is BS, I would simply buy the same vacuum, photocopy the receipt and return it. that way you have your Canadian proof of purchase. problem solved.
Congrats be a criminal problem solved! Fraud much?
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
942 upvotes
The 6
Let's all commit fraud to save a little money on a vacuum. C'Mon man! Reward is not worth the risk.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3149 posts
992 upvotes
Vancouver
We often asked why do manufacturers not offer international warranties. Probably there is quite a bit of work involved. Transferring of funds, slightly different warranties, possibly different parts on some components (ie ac plug style), etc...
May 25, 2008
342 posts
242 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanked OP. On top of the $20 coupon, don't forget to go through ebates.com for another US$4 cashback.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)