Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

USA Black Friday Ad (PlayStation 4 1TB + 3 Free Games - $199.99, Element 65" 4K Smart UHDTV - $279.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2019 1:48 am
Tags:
None
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1843 upvotes
Ajax
alkaint wrote: They probably will. I'm not saying that they will be here 5 years from now but they definitely will still be alive as long as there is a used game market.
Used game market will not save them. Used games will not even pay the rent never mind what's left of the employees. Selling used online is their only hope.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2014
1222 posts
900 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mrtvgame wrote: Good points. Also consider as we increase the specs and features on these machines, in order to full take advantage of them, people need to upgrade their displays and sound systems to really take advantage of it all. Otherwise, you are wasting your time with the upgrade. With that said, jumping in on 2019 PS4 and Xbox deals will be great for many people.
clearly the guy I quoted beneath me has the best of the best everything so splurging on the most recent stuff makes sense to them. /s

The reality is that most people upgrade slowly vs waiting for day one, if we keep saying I'll wait until next year for something then we won't ever end up purchasing the item we really want. When PS5 comes out, it'll probably be a big bulky mess, then people will be saying "I'll wait until next year when the cheaper/lighter version comes out".
frugal69 wrote: Yep, and this 1080p GAME SYSTEM ONLY in 2020 for $249 would still be HOT ... lol .. in for 2 next BF ...

mrtvgame wrote: Used game market will not save them. Used games will not even pay the rent never mind what's left of the employees. Selling used online is their only hope.
I don't disagree, I'm just saying that they probably have more than a year to go bankrupt. When we start shifting to all digital then I can see how they will be completely useless, but saying that they won't be in business next year is wrong. They've survived this long with people constantly saying they would be closing but here we are.
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1843 upvotes
Ajax
alkaint wrote: clearly the guy I quoted beneath me has the best of the best everything so splurging on the most recent stuff makes sense to them. /s

The reality is that most people upgrade slowly vs waiting for day one, if we keep saying I'll wait until next year for something then we won't ever end up purchasing the item we really want. When PS5 comes out, it'll probably be a big bulky mess, then people will be saying "I'll wait until next year when the cheaper/lighter version comes out".
Sure but it is like that in electronics. Those that hobby hard have no second thoughts on jumping in from day one. I have been saying for 2-3 generations now, nah I'll just wait. Then the next thing I know I get caught in the excitement and have 3 consoles pre-ordered from day one. lol
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3904 posts
3678 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
A topic about Target's Black Friday Ad and 75% of it is people saying "Don't buy a PS4 this year" and "EB Games isn't going to be around at this time next year".

Jesus Christ
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1843 upvotes
Ajax
alkaint wrote: clearly the guy I quoted beneath me has the best of the best everything so splurging on the most recent stuff makes sense to them. /s

I don't disagree, I'm just saying that they probably have more than a year to go bankrupt. When we start shifting to all digital then I can see how they will be completely useless, but saying that they won't be in business next year is wrong. They've survived this long with people constantly saying they would be closing but here we are.
Yes my friend here they are going out of business. Their staying power has dwindled. Every 2-3 months we get news that they are shutting down more of the business. At this rate, not sure how anyone can suggest they will be around at all in 12 months.

https://www.businessinsider.com/gamesto ... res-2019-9

No different than what happened to: Sears, Target Canada, ToysRUs USA, Sam's Club Canada, Eaton's, Zeller's and on and on and on...the beginning of the end.
Last edited by mrtvgame on Nov 6th, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
17666 posts
2228 upvotes
Out west
brucedlx wrote: Not a hot deal if buying in USA. You have to pay tax 2x (once at the store and again at the border, thanks cbsa) and that's on CAD value after conversion. Also add in your time crossing the border. Even though I live so close to the border import tax or duties or whatever u wanna call it kills most deals in US.

And don't say stay 24hrs cuz there's cost associated with that too.
Not in Montana, no sales tax.
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1843 upvotes
Ajax
chemicalxv wrote: A topic about Target's Black Friday Ad and 75% of it is people saying "Don't buy a PS4 this year" and "EB Games isn't going to be around at this time next year".

Jesus Christ
Ok. well then let;s try, what's the point of the thread when 95% of RFDers will not be able to take advantage of the sales. lol
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1302 posts
1612 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
chemicalxv wrote: A topic about Target's Black Friday Ad and 75% of it is people saying "Don't buy a PS4 this year" and "EB Games isn't going to be around at this time next year".
Jesus Christ
Lol and this is an American BF thread...just wait till the Canadian ones start popping off!

Besides all that, the deal is objectively good if looking to jump into the Sony experience (and if you can get it). I could see the same bundle in Canadaland hitting shelves on BF for $259-$279.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
2158 posts
570 upvotes
Richmond, BC
redflagdealsguy wrote: Never forget, the USA is the most amazing country on Earth for consumer sales.

SE Asia is where it's at for commercial purchasing, but there isn't a board for that on RFD.

There should be. :D
Dec 2, 2004
996 posts
802 upvotes
This would be a warm deal if it shows up at Shoppers for $269 and buy on 20x points day ... warm cuz I'd say since ps5 is next year, this year is PS4 Pro or nothing ... pile up the savings for next year.

Saves the hassle of trading in / selling it used, then using the proceeds to buy PS5...
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3161 posts
1023 upvotes
Montreal
people still buying PS4 nowaday?
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12670 posts
3429 upvotes
Scarberia
prolly be 250$ on bf here
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1015 posts
515 upvotes
BF last year got the 500Gb PS4 + GOW3 + HZD for below $300 CAD taxes in.
Sold GOW3 above what I payed for it.
What a deal man.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2096 posts
1530 upvotes
Fredericton
govas19 wrote: BF last year got the 500Gb PS4 + GOW3 + HZD for below $300 CAD taxes in.
Sold GOW3 above what I payed for it.
What a deal man.
No, last year was the 1tb Slim with Spider-Man for $259, and they sold out almost instantly.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20