Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

USA Black Friday Ad (PlayStation 4 1TB + 3 Free Games - $199.99, Element 65" 4K Smart UHDTV - $279.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2019 1:48 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3178 posts
759 upvotes
Calgary
lovetheREDLIGHT wrote: Just wanting to inform everybody, specifically about the PS4 deal, while it is an amazing deal without a doubt, the PS5 is on its way next year aiming for holiday season and they've confirmed it should be able to play PS4 games as well.

I mention this because if you do hold out another year, you can pocket that ~$250-300 from this year and have a huge headstart on paying for the PS5 which is probably going to clock in around 300-500. Due to backwards compatibility (the ability to play PS4 games), you also won't miss out on the library of PS4 games while also getting the very latest system. Heck, if they come out with a PSVR 2 headset, you could use that headstart money on that as well.

This also applies to anyone looking for Xbox deals, the next one is also coming out in 2020 and should also retain the ability to play Xbox One games.

But if none of that is of interest to you, by all means jump on the deals when it hits Canada.
Why not wait forever?

1. Someone eying this deal wants to play some games now.
2. Anyone who has not bought a PS4 yet is highly unlikely to be a PS5 early adopter.
3. The PS5 will be $600-700 CDN + games. PS4 hits like these will be $20-30 each.

This place sometimes.... but thanks for the ‘information.’
Oct 28, 2008
116 posts
29 upvotes
BC
smuPoker wrote: I'm already planning on the PS5 being $650+ here. $500USD (the estimated price) converts to $658CDN today.

I'd still endorse this deal if you are looking to get a PlayStation soon, whatever reason you may have.
Agree 100%. I waited one year to buy the Xbox one and ended up getting a lower price and 3 games, 2 of which I got to pick and sold for like $50 each. I've waited this whole generation for the PS4 to come to the end of it's life so I could buy it, I'm going to grab it this BF and enjoy playing all the exclusives I didn't get a chance to play. In 2021-2022 when the dust has started to settle on the next gen I'll make my decision on which system to purchase. I'm older and don't have a ton of time to devote to gaming so waiting a bit is always the way for me. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy the PS4 it will stay well supported until 2022 plus the library.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1806 posts
1126 upvotes
Toronto
Good gosh they have some really good tv deals. Even with the exchange rate as bad as it is many of these will be a better buy than anything here across the border. Some good brand names to up for the taking really cheap.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1806 posts
1126 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: I don't know about you folks, but I think living the dream is having a silly-large panel in every room of use with programming following me around my abode.

At $279 USD, it's almost worth the waste of money to make it happen.
A dream I had long ago was a room all covered in tvs to be able to have every hockey game on and other sporting events all at once. The dream still lives although now I would mix in video games and only watch certain sports .... NFL is dead to me and so is MLB so yeah the lineup would be different.

Anyway you get what you want. Live the dream. Only one life to live. As for me eh not in the position to get that many tvs right now that I would need.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14483 posts
4642 upvotes
Montreal
lovetheREDLIGHT wrote: they've confirmed it should be able to play PS4 games as well.
Do you have a link to that announcement, as the last update I heard (maybe a month ago) Sony was hedging their bets on "whether it could be done".

https://www.gamesradar.com/ps5-backwards-compatibility/

"Essentially, there's still a lot of questions surrounding PS5 backwards compatibility, how it will work, the extent of the supported library, and whether it'll be a free feature, or part of Sony's PS Plus subscription service."

Previous and erroneous PS5 BC articles have been updated with terms like "seemingly" and "possible" - not saying Sony won't come through, but they've screwed up before (the PS4 BC with PS2 for example) and for the record, the company has NEVER officially iron-clad promised full PS4 BC nor has this been part of their official specs.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14483 posts
4642 upvotes
Montreal
smuPoker wrote: I'm already planning on the PS5 being $650+ here. $500USD (the estimated price) converts to $658CDN today.

I'd still endorse this deal if you are looking to get a PlayStation soon, whatever reason you may have.
Honestly, the time to buy it was like 3 years ago when they had all those $299+games/controller deals on BF/BD, especially those that had "no tax" offers. That RCSS/Loblaws deal for a PS4 Slim + Game + $25 GC + no tax for $298 has still yet to be beat.

At this point (assuming the PS5 ever gets free BC for digital and discs) I would bite the bullet and just start saving for next-gen.

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Nov 5, 2018
57 posts
26 upvotes
I want that 'PlayStation VR bundle' but the 29th I got wisdom teeth removal so I cant afford to drive across the border nor buy it on friday itself, chances we get that here at bestbuy or ebgames on thursday?
Oct 28, 2008
116 posts
29 upvotes
BC
NorthernDragon wrote: I want that 'PlayStation VR bundle' but the 29th I got wisdom teeth removal so I cant afford to drive across the border nor buy it on friday itself, chances we get that here at bestbuy or ebgames on thursday?
I bet we will see a $249-$269 similar bundle, the console bundle deals are usually the same in Canada/US
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14483 posts
4642 upvotes
Montreal
ryokinshin wrote: "Because it’s based in part on the PS4’s architecture, it will also be backward-compatible with games for that console." From their official announcement in WIred. https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-s ... n-console/
LOL, that was from the initial media reports way, way, way back in April :lol: :lol: :lol: and that is not "official" as in published in their specs. Many of these April reports have been updated to stated "possible PS4 BC".

You should really keep up on current news, as Sony's latest (like 2-4 weeks ago) reports show Sony hedging their bets on PS4 compatibility and virtually every gaming pub has posted a story on it. Sony may still come through on the customer's side (for once), but they also might pull another scam like the "PS2 compatibility", whereby it was through a re-buy of PS2 Classics for PS4, NOT the ability to play existing PS2 games you already own. Or the statements of the "PS4 is already PS3-compatible... and we are able to do that through PS Now".

https://www.gamesradar.com/ps5-backwards-compatibility/

"a representative from Sony Interactive Entertainment's Public Relations unit stated that the PS5 "dev team is putting all power on verifying whether they can secure a complete compatibility. Please wait for more information."

Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11836 posts
1793 upvotes
Vancouver
I’m in for one if I see similar pricing $260 or so.
Nov 5, 2018
57 posts
26 upvotes
Any idea if we'll get a psvr on boxing day? As much as I want one this black friday its a bit hard with wisdom teeth removal taking everything I own
Jan 31, 2010
273 posts
73 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: It's not so bad up here. I got a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for $50 last Black Friday. That's better than any store down south had it listed for.
I totally need some joycons at that price :D