Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Target] USA Black Friday Ad (PlayStation 4 1TB + 3 Free Games - $199.99, Element 65" 4K Smart UHDTV - $279.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2019 1:48 am
Feb 17, 2007
706 posts
12 upvotes
Yes the original media brief is months old but these are official statements so nothing has changed from targeting full bc with PS4. Both Wired articles are interviews with the system architect for PS5 and should be taken as the most concrete information.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14154 posts
4297 upvotes
Montreal
ryokinshin wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 1:32 am
Yes the original media brief is months old but these are official statements so nothing has changed from targeting full bc with PS4.
I am saying there has never been a BC statement on the actual specs and "targeting PS4 BC" is a lot different than "guaranteeing PS4 BC in the official specs", as we've seen in the recent "we're working on confirming the BC" more-recent statements. As I said, many of these older articles have been updated to state "possible PS4 BC".

Things change and you have to keep up on the news.

Again, I am not saying that Sony won't come through, only that they have released similar statements (PS2 compatibility on PS4) that turned out to be a total scam, and required a rebuy through PS2 Classics or a sub to PS Now. Sony is great with playing word games and saying one thing, yet we later find out it means another.

Personally, I think there will be some form of PS4 BC, but a limited version that only works on a selection of games, and Sony will falsely blame the new haptic controller for not allowing XYZ games to work.
Official Response from Dollarama Management:

Dollarama has a no exchange/no refund policy, and as a result, all sales are final. This information can be found on the screen of each check-out/point-of-sale in our stores as well as on each receipt.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24949 posts
5223 upvotes
smuPoker wrote:
Nov 6th, 2019 11:44 am
The bundle or the price? I'm 100% confident that we'll be getting the bundle, just like we did last year with the Spider-Man bundle.
Is it really worth it though? Year after year they just sell these same old systems for...the same price! How is that even possible? Systems get older, upgraded versions (Pro, X) come out, new versions in the near future (5, Scarlett), and they still keep selling these same old systems every BF for the same old price and call it a deal! How are these not the reg. prices already? Way things are going PS5 will come out and they'll still be trying to sell PS4 for $260 on BF in 2021, while pretending it's a "deal" :lol:

For PS4, I think this will "only" be the second year in a row at this price point; for Xbone S it will be the third where we're seeing it sell for the "doorcrasher" price of $229 :rolleyes: Still selling the PS4 for $260 CAD seems pretty bonkers given it's a 6-year-old console now. I mean the PS3, wasn't that around $200 by the time it was 6yrs old? Plus that started out at a way higher price than PS4, yet PS4 is still going for what? Like 60%+ its original price...after 6 years? Crazy.

And why would one "jump on board" PS4 for this ludicrous price when, for practical purposes it has maybe two years left of steam in it, if that? Pay 60% the price for the 20-25% of its lifespan as a current-gen console? At least Xbone S is cheaper and can be used as a UHD-BD player.

Feel bad for the kids these days, more so for their parents. Then again it may be their own stupidity for paying the reg. prices for this stuff, the rest of the year, instead of refusing.

Don't even get me started on the ludicrous controller prices these days--though these tend to go on sale at more reasonable prices more times per year than the consoles.
Feb 17, 2007
706 posts
12 upvotes
I think you should get your hopes up for PS4 at least lol. From the hardware to messaging has always been full bc with PS5 patches in certain games. And yes, I have followed PS5 hardware and software news through a community that incessantly talks about this stuff.

The disappointment regarding the older platform bc on PS4 is understandable. That being said, I'm expecting at least everything on PS4 to work on PS5 games and accessories.
Apr 5, 2017
323 posts
242 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/bed-bat ... 9-2144764/

Wait for another deal like this. I ordered my 1TB PS4 for $230 from Bed Bath Beyond after I stumbled upon that thread in Black Friday 2017.

$230 in 2017! I would definitely wait for the actual Black Friday 2019 deals for this console. $200-220 CAD should be a real possibility.
Oct 28, 2008
104 posts
20 upvotes
BC
ES_Revenge wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 9:40 am

And why would one "jump on board" PS4 for this ludicrous price when, for practical purposes it has maybe two years left of steam in it, if that? Pay 60% the price for the 20-25% of its lifespan as a current-gen console? At least Xbone S is cheaper and can be used as a UHD-BD player.

An amazing system with 3 exclusives, a 6 year library of games ( they don't expire when the PS5 comes out) plus another 2-3 years of being supported, I get this is redflagdeals but $249 is completely fine with me. It maintained its price during it's lifespan for one simple reason, it sold extremely well and there was never a need to lower the price, it's now the 2nd best selling console of all time.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24949 posts
5223 upvotes
ryokinshin wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 3:06 pm
The disappointment regarding the older platform bc on PS4 is understandable. That being said, I'm expecting at least everything on PS4 to work on PS5 games and accessories.
Given they are both x86-based and both AMD-based (GPU as well) I think the only reason PS4 games would not be supported on PS5 is greediness!
tehwegz wrote:
Nov 20th, 2019 12:32 am
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/bed-bat ... 9-2144764/

Wait for another deal like this. I ordered my 1TB PS4 for $230 from Bed Bath Beyond after I stumbled upon that thread in Black Friday 2017.

$230 in 2017! I would definitely wait for the actual Black Friday 2019 deals for this console. $200-220 CAD should be a real possibility.
Even more an indicator as to why $200-250 should be the regular price for these consoles by now; BF/BD should bring them down even further. Instead Sony and MS are getting away with robbery.