Expired Hot Deals

Targeted - $300 Statement Credit From Amex When You Book $900+ Travel Through Amex Travel

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2019 4:09 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 19, 2009
559 posts
56 upvotes
Laval
bluewish wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 4:57 am
I booked a hotel for stay in Sept 2019, so the deadline must be after May.
And you actually got the credit?
Booking a trip to NYC in July, so if I can use it.. I'll have to book by Thursday.
Apr 2, 2008
425 posts
99 upvotes
adclker wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 5:48 am
did u get the credit? in your email, does it show May 31, 2019 in the small T&C?
Yes to both of your questions.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Oct 17, 2011
248 posts
341 upvotes
Toronto
Trying to book a hotel but after I click Book Now, it gets stuck on a Payment Authentication page. Says "For your security, please fill out the form below to complete your order" but there's no form. Anyone else have this issue?
Apr 6, 2007
300 posts
48 upvotes
kd5000 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2019 9:42 am
Did anyone with a Business Platinum Card get this offer?

In general, I don’t think I’m getting the targeting offers. Could be my email address needs to be updated? Any suggestions on how to get more targeted offers?

Amex increased the Business Platinum fee this year significantly , so contemplating on changing my card as I see limited benefits (especially when not getting such offers.)

Any insight or suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance all.
My wife received it on her Biz Platinum. Too bad we’ll not be using it as I got the offer on my personal Platinum as well.
Aug 25, 2018
108 posts
58 upvotes
Why are AMEX cards such as Scotiabank Gold Amex always excludes from these kinds of promotions?
Nov 20, 2006
34 posts
23 upvotes
Thanks for all the follow up information everyone.

Not sure why I didn’t get this offer (and most other offers mentioned on this forum) as I’m a very active AMEX Business Platinum user.

As a next step, will call AMEX to inquire.

Great offer to those who got it.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
1741 posts
718 upvotes
Ontario
This is a decent offer because the "$900 spend" is after taxes, as compared to the Bookings.com (targeted) offer of $70 off $300 before taxes, although it may be hard to spend $900 on hotel unless it is a longer vacation.
Currently happy customer with Koodo and Zoomer Wireless, any questions just pm me.
Oct 17, 2015
61 posts
34 upvotes
QC
costabile wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 10:35 pm
Trying to book a hotel but after I click Book Now, it gets stuck on a Payment Authentication page. Says "For your security, please fill out the form below to complete your order" but there's no form. Anyone else have this issue?
Try disable adblock
Aug 7, 2013
496 posts
103 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
I got the offer and booked a hotel for end of March in Nashville. How long before the reward shows up on my points? Does it have to be a non-cancellable booking?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
1741 posts
718 upvotes
Ontario
JagStyles wrote:
Feb 27th, 2019 9:31 am
I got the offer and booked a hotel for end of March in Nashville. How long before the reward shows up on my points? Does it have to be a non-cancellable booking?
I don't think so, no doubt they will just claw back the $300 if you cancel.
Currently happy customer with Koodo and Zoomer Wireless, any questions just pm me.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2009
1741 posts
718 upvotes
Ontario
I have a trip out west this summer and am trying really hard to take advantage of this $300 offer, but the higher costs in hotel accommodation and car rental booking through AMEX more than offset the $300 rebate. I have found it is typically cheaper to book directly with the hotels using special rates for CAA members or take advantage of hotel promotions. It is even worse for car rental as AMEX travel requires that I rent at the airport and not off site, by doing so, the difference is several hundreds of dollars more expensive than Costco Travel. I congratulate those who could take advantage of this offer, but it appears to be SOL for me.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
1290 posts
297 upvotes
Toronto
Man, the AMEX travel website is really horrible.
Basically I have to use TripAdvisor site to do all the filtering, find the hotel I like and hope that it shows up on AMEX travel site.
Many hotels that are available for Expedia/Hotel.com/booking.com is not available on the AMEX travel website.

I do like that they show all the fees included. (Except for the mandatory fee that you have to pay at the hotel).
Apr 28, 2009
82 posts
16 upvotes
I just want to vent. I used the Amex site to book and take advantage of the promotion.

First of all, the website is terrible. It's slow and not user friendly.

Second of all, the prices kept on climbing as I was looking at hotels. The prices on Expedia were 10-15% cheaper to start with and as the prices increased on Amex Travel, the difference became greater, maybe 15-20%.

I still ended up booking on Amex to take advantage of the promotion, but I'm really annoyed at the process...
Happy customer of: Tangerine, Questrade, Wealthsimple, GoodFood, Brim.
Jul 13, 2009
121 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
For those with the 15K points offer, how long did it take for the points to show up?
Apr 6, 2007
300 posts
48 upvotes
Booked travel on Feb 23. Transaction has a post date of Feb 25, but it actually posted today.

$200 annual travel credit posted on Feb 23. Now waiting for the $300 to show up.