Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Targeted Public Mobile 12/120 to Koodo 6gb for $40 No Referrals

Jan 17, 2017
72 posts
29 upvotes
My wife and I both on pm 99 for 12gb/3 month, not sure whether it is time to transfer because we don't need extra gb....
May 27, 2011
448 posts
477 upvotes
Montreal
Quick Guide on doing the transfer ONLINE

Step 1: Use a referral link to submit your name and email address before beginning the porting (Koodo offers a $100 bonus that will come in a few weeks time or longer)
Link will start start with the following address: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com and some referral codes
After submission you will get an email with the subject: Activate now to get your rewards! and looks like this:
referral.jpg
There's nothing for you do to for now (see Summary section on page 1 of this thread)

Step 2: Shop for your SIM/phone to do the switch
a) Go to : https://www.koodomobile.com/go?customer-service
switch.jpg
b) Click on the Switch (you're taken to select a phone)
c) Don't need to select a phone but you must select at least a SIM card ($15) --> Add to Cart
d) Let's get Started
started.jpg

Step 3: Shop for your plan
a) Look for the Got a Promo Code link in top right section of the screen
offer.jpg
b) Enter the promo code
c) Enter the PM phone number
d) Magic happens - Sweet, you're in!
sweet.jpg
e) Click review Plan Options link
f) Select and add to cart the $40 plan from the list
40gb.jpg

Step 3: Checkout to finalize your order
For checkout you would need a CC and a driver's license because they will ask you those details in order to perform a credit check
At the end you'll receive an email that looks like this
bill.jpg

The $100 is showing up there. The $100 referral credit will be given later when you get ported and click on the referral email on the Provide Koodo number link (I think) - see thread summary section.

I hope this helps.
Last edited by bobitza on Mar 6th, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2703 posts
756 upvotes
West
dealseaker101 wrote: Possible rate increases in a few months, and something they can brag to shareholders about next quarter. "Moving prepaid up the value chain to postpaid".
Koodo rep claimed that plan would remain the same price as long as you are on the plan. I had been with Koodo and know others with Koodo that have been on the same plan for years with no increase. I have never heard of a Koodo forced plan increase either. They know what will happen if they increase this plan down the road, pure mayem!@
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1662 posts
1387 upvotes
Toronto
Wait time was less then 10mins. First CSR I got said, I can't see any plan like that on my end.. blah blah, I can't change the plan for you..blah.blah.. I asked her to speak to the supervisor, only 2min wait time, and then he was able to change the plan for me in matter of sec.
Multi Millionaire in Points
Nov 3, 2011
138 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
rugerty100 wrote: How's the activation process? Any chance one can start a new line instead of porting the Public Mobile #?
Yes, you will be given the option to transfer the existing number or start anew.
Jun 23, 2013
194 posts
138 upvotes
Brampton
WhatsTheRush wrote: Koodo rep claimed that plan would remain the same price as long as you are on the plan. I had been with Koodo and know others with Koodo that have been on the same plan for years with no increase. I have never heard of a Koodo forced plan increase either. They know what will happen if they increase this plan down the road, pure mayem!@
While that is true, keep in mind that Fido did something similar, where they raised their $40 4gb plan up to $45. They also had never forced a plan increase before.
Jun 28, 2006
284 posts
13 upvotes
Second call did the trick. Go Carlos!

RFD4LyF3

Now to decide if I want to switch and get an S9. Anyone know what a mint S8 is going for on the second hand market?
Last edited by El-Producto on Mar 6th, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 22, 2011
20 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
If anyone else is like me, who got $40/5gb without being on the $120/12gv PM plan. I was denied by a supervisor when I called in to get 6gb. He was unaware of the new plan though. I might call in again later to see if I have better luck.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2703 posts
756 upvotes
West
cheapshopper wrote: Um.... Trying to understand what does it mean.....
Well it's gonna take someone to try and open up a new line and see what happens?>? Maybe they are successful and get the SIM shipped but if they don't proceed with the port then what?
On the Koodo $40 for 8GB Plan 😉
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1662 posts
1387 upvotes
Toronto
Here is my proof pic, (tip, talk to them nicely, ask them how they are doing..tell them your friend was able to get that same deal)
Images
  • koodo6GB$40.png
Multi Millionaire in Points
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1763 posts
897 upvotes
bobitza wrote: Quick Guide on doing the transfer ONLINE

Step 1: Use a referral link to submit your name and email address before beginning the porting (Koodo offers a $100 bonus that will come in a few weeks time or longer)
Link will start start with the following address: https://referafriend.koodomobile.com and some referral codes
After submission you will get an email with the subject: Activate now to get your rewards! and looks like this:

referral.jpg

There's nothing for you do to for now (see Summary section on page 1 of this thread)

Step 2: Shop for your SIM/phone to do the switch
a) Go to : https://www.koodomobile.com/go?customer-service

switch.jpg

b) Click on the Switch (you're taken to select a phone)
c) Don't need to select a phone but you must select at least a SIM card ($15) --> Add to Cart
d) Let's get Started

started.jpg

Step 3: Shop for your plan
a) Look for the Got a Promo Code link in top right section of the screen

offer.jpg

b) Enter the promo code
c) Enter the PM phone number
d) Magic happens - Sweet, you're in!

sweet.jpg

e) Click review Plan Options link
f) Select and add to cart the $40 plan from the list

40gb.jpg

Step 3: Checkout to finalize your order
For checkout you would need a CC and a driver's license because they will ask you those details in order to perform a credit check
At the end you'll receive an email that looks like this

bill.jpg

The $100 is showing up there. The $100 referral credit will be given later when you get ported and click on the referral email on the Provide Koodo number link (I think) - see thread summary section.

I hope this helps.
Great post! Tried to quote this and add to thread summary and failed.

Would you mind updating the thread summary with the images?

Not like people are going to end up reading anyways LOL
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1763 posts
897 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote: To date I STILL haven't receive any of these text offers, but I know I'm eligible since every time I tried the code on the page it worked, lol.
If the code worked, you should be eligible. It might not matter that you haven't received the text.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2526 posts
1070 upvotes
It's funny if they just offered this deal in the first place, everyone would have been happy
Nov 26, 2015
624 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hi picked up a phone and called them..was on koodo $40 5 gb plan..Got a nice rep I asked her about $40 6 gb plan..Quick hold and voila she came back got a good news for u ,U ll get $40 6 gb plan...Asked her can you add 1000 long distance minutes..Put me on a quick hold and another good news $40 6 gb plan and 1000 long distance minutes...I dont think anything can beat this plan now...Koodo rocks
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1073 posts
641 upvotes
Canada
ToniCipriani wrote: To date I STILL haven't receive any of these text offers, but I know I'm eligible since every time I tried the code on the page it worked, lol.
You probably unsubscribed to publicmobile text messages.