• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2015 10:47 am
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 27, 2010
735 posts
376 upvotes

Tassimo t20

i was at Sears and I saw this on sale for 39.99 and the sale apparently ends feb 22...50 dollars off...is this a good product when compared to the other tassimo machines?? Thanks
13 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12100 posts
3422 upvotes
It's the entry level... Not a bad price... I think this is Tassimo's most basic brewer.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14778 posts
6325 upvotes
Toronto, ON
juve4lfe wrote: i was at Sears and I saw this on sale for 39.99 and the sale apparently ends feb 22...50 dollars off...is this a good product when compared to the other tassimo machines?? Thanks
Sears had this for $19.99 just before Christmas ($16 if you PM at Futureshop or Best Buy) and at that price it was a hot deal. The T20 is their most basic brewer without any of the bells and whistles of the higher models. But it brews the same quality and amount of beverage in the same amount of time as the other models. So if you don't need the fancy LCD display or the LED cup light or the bigger water tank, the the T20 will suit your needs. But recently the T65 was on sale for $59.99 so it's only a $20 difference. It's up to you to decide if all those extra bells and whistles are worth an extra $20.
Dec 18, 2011
550 posts
455 upvotes
Quebec, QC
It was free @ tim horton 3 years ago with coffee purchase
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2687 upvotes
Vancouver
I have a T20, and it works fine, does everything the more expensive ones do. It's just a bit noisy when working, but that's part of the entertainment.

In the long run the price of the machine hardly matters. How many boxes of 8 T-discs for $10 are you going to buy before you realize that a Tassimo is NOT the way to economize!
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1460 posts
479 upvotes
Brampton
JamesA1 wrote: I have a T20, and it works fine, does everything the more expensive ones do. It's just a bit noisy when working, but that's part of the entertainment.

In the long run the price of the machine hardly matters. How many boxes of 8 T-discs for $10 are you going to buy before you realize that a Tassimo is NOT the way to economize!
Very Well said
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14778 posts
6325 upvotes
Toronto, ON
+1... these machines are purely for convenience, aim to replace a cup of Timmies/Starbucks/2nd cup/McDonald coffees that you would get when you're on the run.
Dec 5, 2013
46 posts
53 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
JamesA1 wrote: I have a T20, and it works fine, does everything the more expensive ones do. It's just a bit noisy when working, but that's part of the entertainment.

Refillable T-Discs were discussed in other threads and have been very economical for me. I have several refillable T-Discs now that I cycle every second week. I'm well below the intended average per cup for the tassimo brewer. It really depends what your going after, I guess and there's no right or wrong answer in this context. Some suggested buying another brewer, others say pay the price for using the machine, I chose to use refillable t-discs.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6636 posts
2366 upvotes
BC
JamesA1 wrote: .... How many boxes of 8 T-discs for $10 are you going to buy before you realize that a Tassimo is NOT the way to economize!
Maybe not for that particular variety, but the one I get (Nabob Cafe Crema) is 14 to a box and can be had at London Drugs from time to time for $4.80 a box.
($7.99 reg. less 20% sale combined with buy 3 get 1 free in-store coupon)
35 cents per 10oz. mug isn't too bad, is it?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2687 upvotes
Vancouver
Blademan8 wrote: Refillable T-Discs were discussed in other threads and have been very economical for me. I have several refillable T-Discs now that I cycle every second week.
I've seen mixed reviews on those. Where did you get yours, how well does it work, and what's the lifespan?
Dec 5, 2013
46 posts
53 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
JamesA1 wrote: I've seen mixed reviews on those. Where did you get yours, how well does it work, and what's the lifespan?
Depends which ones you use. The ones that simply use a plug pop out during use. The ones that use a "U" shaped plug work fine.

I've been using them for several weeks now with no problem. I did accidentally damage one (I closed the lid while it wasn't placed properly and pierced the aluminium where it shouldn't have been pierced).

I got mine from here:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Variety-of-NEW-R ... 3f45b9d57d

Recommended use is 40 times in the ad.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2687 upvotes
Vancouver
So it looks like they all use a genuine T-disc, drill a hole in it and suck out the contents, and then provide a rubber plug that hopefully can hold the pressure when the Tassimo machine pumps it full of water? It lasts as long as the foil seal on top holds and the plastic doesn't start leaking around the plug?

How do you get your coffee into the T-disc? Do they give you some kind of funnel or straw?
Dec 5, 2013
46 posts
53 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
JamesA1 wrote: So it looks like they all use a genuine T-disc, drill a hole in it and suck out the contents, and then provide a rubber plug that hopefully can hold the pressure when the Tassimo machine pumps it full of water? It lasts as long as the foil seal on top holds and the plastic doesn't start leaking around the plug?

How do you get your coffee into the T-disc? Do they give you some kind of funnel or straw?
No, not when I bought some. I had a 6mm opening funnel I had bought from dollar store laying around, works good. I just place it in the hole, scoop up an amount of coffee grind, place it in the funnel, flick on top of the funnel, downwards with my finger and the t-disc gets full after a few flicks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)