• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2021 3:58 pm
[OP]
Jul 23, 2011
37 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa

Tax filing as a person with a disability

Any advice for tax filing as a person with a disability with turbo tax anything to keep in mind. Second is there any tax credit for buying a home, if yes, how I can get it?
4 replies
Dec 5, 2011
543 posts
507 upvotes
YVR
Does this person have a valid Disability Tax Credit? If so, you just need to check off a box stating that they are claiming the credit. They can also elect to transfer this credit to their caregiver if they don't want to claim it for themselves. I am not aware of the ON tax credits but you should ask at a local disability advocacy non-profit and see what they say. I know that the BC Disability Alliance is holding their annual free tax clinic for persons with disabilities. I would be shocked if there wasn't something similar in ON.
[OP]
Jul 23, 2011
37 posts
5 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks, I have the Valid Disability Tax credit.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1600 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Your refundable medical tax credit and Canada Workers Benefit would be improved. Just make sure you told Turbo Tax that you qualify for the DTC (it might not "know" this yet) in which case it should do these things automatically.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
4394 posts
2538 upvotes
EDU1999 wrote: Any advice for tax filing as a person with a disability with turbo tax anything to keep in mind. Second is there any tax credit for buying a home, if yes, how I can get it?
Did you have the DTC before 2020? If yes, did you claim It? It is as simple as claiming the DTC.
You can claim the home buyer credit if you didn’t own a home in the year of purchase and the 4 years before that.