• Mar 8th, 2022 8:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2012
2362 posts
1762 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Tax Receipts for Mutual Funds in Direct Investing Brokerage Account

Generally, people get their tax receipts in the direct investing brokerage account but for mutual funds, the mutual fund company is responsible for sending the income tax receipts and these don't appear in the direct investment brokerage account documents page.

How does one get tax receipts for mutual funds if one doesn't receive it in the mail?

The direct brokerage company indicates that it is the responsibility of the mutual fund company and contacting the mutual fund company is probably worthless as they will probably ask for an account number which they don't manage.
1 reply
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1946 posts
3246 upvotes
Thunder Bay, ON
  1. Mutual fund reporting is on T3s and the deadline for issuing them is end of March, so it could still be approx three weeks before it is issued, plus time for Canada Post to deliver.
  2. T3s should appear in your CRA MyAccount even if it is somehow lost in the mail.
  3. The mutual fund company should have your info on file, from the broker, in order to know your address and holdings. My T3s from Mawer have my TDDI account number on them in a field called X-REF #.
  4. The mutual fund company is responsible for issuing the T3 so it should be your contact if there is an issue.
I solemnly swear, to never assume I have an inkling at which direction the market will head, and to never make any investments based on a timing strategy.