Tbaytel Prepaid powered by Rogers - $150 for 20GB with 365 Day Expiry

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2024 11:27 pm
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
treasureseeker3 wrote: While they continue to call it a promo rate (and offer it to some people but not others)
The 4GB has been available to everyone.....its on their website and isn't something offered via retentions....
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1506 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Samshares wrote: The 4GB has been available to everyone.....its on their website and isn't something offered via retentions....
I called Fido last night.
The Fido CSR said I can't subscribe to data only service unless I already have a Fido cell phone plan.
-------------
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
English is a difficult language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10229 posts
3143 upvotes
Montreal
treasureseeker3 wrote: I called Fido last night.
The Fido CSR said I can't subscribe to data only service unless I already have a Fido cell phone plan.
That is correct, you must have a monthly plan to get the 4GB $10 deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1506 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just did online chat to see if different answer from different CSR. Same result.
-------------
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
English is a difficult language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
Jun 2, 2010
703 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
treasureseeker3 wrote: I just did online chat to see if different answer from different CSR. Same result.
How about getting a Fido cellphone plan with data and the 4GB tablet plan at the same time? That's what Fido wants. Later in the day or the next day, just cancel the cellphone plan.
Now: TELUS Unlimited 120GB 5G+ (up to 2Gbps) x 2 = 240 GB shared data
Old: Rogers Infinite Premium 5G+ (up to 1Gbps) Canada+US 100 GB x 2 + 15 GB bonus = 215 GB shared
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
That is an requirement, But there are no restrictions to keep the voice plan. It is only a requirement to get the tablet plan, you can cancel the next day.

Me and 1000s of others have done just this.
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
Just go to a non Fido store and you can get the plan without being a cell customer. I have bought the 3GB and 4GB plans without ever having a cell line. My favorite go to store is tbooth. The agents just care about their commission, not silly requirements that they are asked to police. Why would they turn away a customer?
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Jun 16, 2017
265 posts
234 upvotes
will888 wrote: Just go to a non Fido store and you can get the plan without being a cell customer. I have bought the 3GB and 4GB plans without ever having a cell line. My favorite go to store is tbooth. The agents just care about their commission, not silly requirements that they are asked to police. Why would they turn away a customer?
My experience was the opposite. I was only able to get the deal from the Fido store. No other place would sign me up without an existing product. Fido store - no problem.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20459 upvotes
marcaccioc42 wrote: My experience was the opposite. I was only able to get the deal from the Fido store. No other place would sign me up without an existing product. Fido store - no problem.
The consistent message here is that the Fido plan can be obtained without having a cell plan. Just got to thicken the skin and shop.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Jan 13, 2011
250 posts
186 upvotes
not sure if mentioned/confirmed before, but Add-on Data still rolls over
My Add-on Data previously had an expiry of 2020/07/03, but after the annual top up the expiry is gone. Can still use it.

---------------------------------------
Rate Plan: Anytime
Expiry Date: 2021/07/03

Add-On Bucket Balance
Add-On Data: 8.38GB
Data: 0KB
SMS: 2412
Air Time: 0 min
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
cliffc wrote: not sure if mentioned/confirmed before, but Add-on Data still rolls over
My Add-on Data previously had an expiry of 2020/07/03, but after the annual top up the expiry is gone. Can still use it.

Add-On Bucket Balance
I will also report back after July 11th.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10229 posts
3143 upvotes
Montreal
cliffc wrote: not sure if mentioned/confirmed before, but Add-on Data still rolls over

Add-On Bucket Balance
Thanks for the confirmation.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
can2000 wrote: I will also report back after July 11th.
Add-on Data previously had an expiry of 2020/07/11
They removed it today even without topping up yet.
Need below items in GTA:

Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9570 posts
639 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: So you didn’t have to top up and the data has no expiry?

And you can use the data?

If so, interesting....
I haven't put the sim card in a cellphone yet, but I think it should be no problem to use data. My account's expiration date is on November, so I don't need to top up yet.
Need below items in GTA:

Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2003
1262 posts
473 upvotes
Winnipeg
I usually see download speeds of 3 on my tbaytel prepaid using fast.com as the test site. Best I have ever see is 5 down. What do others see on tbaytel and on the Fido plan?
Jun 16, 2017
265 posts
234 upvotes
careh wrote: I usually see download speeds of 3 on my tbaytel prepaid using fast.com as the test site. Best I have ever see is 5 down. What do others see on tbaytel and on the Fido plan?
i usually get 15 down and 2-3 up on tbaytel - 4G
On fido 40 down and 2-3 up - 4GLTE
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
careh wrote: I usually see download speeds of 3 on my tbaytel prepaid using fast.com as the test site. Best I have ever see is 5 down. What do others see on tbaytel and on the Fido plan?
that's about what I get with Tbay.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
2157 posts
3003 upvotes
With Tbaytel Used to get 10~ down in Vancouver area, 15~ down in Toronto area. Both are 2 - 3 up. 4G. over 100ms ping
Fido is 40 down and 2-3 up - 4G LTE on both area. around 20ms ping.

LTE is significantly more responsive compared to non-LTE. Things doesn't just download faster. They started downloading faster too.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1446 posts
833 upvotes
Prince George
Mine is about to expire in a few days(both data plan and the account). How much (minimum) should I top up for another year to prevent only account expiry,assuming my data still remains a few gigs out of yearly 20?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)