Cell Phones

Tbaytel Prepaid powered by Rogers - $150 for 20GB with 365 Day Expiry

  • Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2020 8:43 pm
Member
Jan 28, 2010
267 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
Jimboski wrote: You have to use it all in order to re-top up i think. I think if you call into their automated system you may be able to apply the addon and override the current MB remaining that you have.
Actually, i will call them tomorrow to confirm it with CSR, and probably have him/her to get me the addon.
killer007 wrote: quote from their site........................................
"Note: For a bucket balance of 200MB or less for data or 200 texts or less for texting, you may delete or refill your data subscription immediately."
I'm not clear on this...does it mean you can add-on data "immediately" only if you have 200 or less?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2273 posts
196 upvotes
Mississauga
CanadaDealSeeker wrote: Actually, i will call them tomorrow to confirm it with CSR, and probably have him/her to get me the addon.


I'm not clear on this...does it mean you can add-on data "immediately" only if you have 200 or less?
Yes
Only the add on expired or when you hit 200 and than you can buy add on again
Member
Jan 28, 2010
267 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
killer007 wrote: Yes
Only the add on expired or when you hit 200 and than you can buy add on again
Thanks for the information. I hope they allow it when the add-on "is just about to expire" so you can add more and roll the balance , and not when it is actually expired.
Every prepaid service allow their customers to keep the balance rolling as long as they keep their account active.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 1, 2012
2556 posts
513 upvotes
Scarborough
Please try to avoid calling tbaytel. All the info is on their website. The addon is only available when you hit 200MB. Your excess data does not carry over pass 365 days, even if you top up before (please dont fight me on this, just trust me). All data addons have an expiry of 365 days, but your account term is limited to your top up amount. If you re-top-up, it will extend your term accordingly. No need to call and verify anything. If you really wanna communicate with them about general questions like these, you could first try their support forum. Avoid calling them (for everyone reading this thread's sake).
Member
Jan 28, 2010
267 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
TDotHacker wrote: Please try to avoid calling tbaytel. All the info is on their website. The addon is only available when you hit 200MB. Your excess data does not carry over pass 365 days, even if you top up before. All data addons have an expiry of 365 days, but your account term is limited to your top up amount. If you re-top-up, it will extend your term accordingly. No need to call and verify anything. If you really wanna communicate with them about general questions like these, you could first try their support forum. Avoid calling them (for everyone reading this thread's sake).
where did you find that data cannot be carried over pass 365 days? By the following two statements from their support site, i believe you can.


Please note that regardless of when your account expires your Add On features such as data or texting have a one year expiry date from the date you added or re-added the Add On feature.

your credit and add on balances will be preserved for 7 days. If you top up again within 7 days your account will automatically re-activate and your credit balance will be added to your top up amount.


http://www.tbaytel.net/support/neighbor ... cope/posts
http://www.tbaytel.net/support/neighbor ... cope/posts
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 1, 2012
2556 posts
513 upvotes
Scarborough
CanadaDealSeeker wrote: where did you find that data cannot be carried over pass 365 days? By the following two statements from their support site, i believe you can.


Please note that regardless of when your account expires your Add On features such as data or texting have a one year expiry date from the date you added or re-added the Add On feature.

your credit and add on balances will be preserved for 7 days. If you top up again within 7 days your account will automatically re-activate and your credit balance will be added to your top up amount.


http://www.tbaytel.net/support/neighbor ... cope/posts
http://www.tbaytel.net/support/neighbor ... cope/posts
A support staff posted the info in one of the threads on their forum.
Member
Jan 28, 2010
267 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
TDotHacker wrote: A support staff posted the info in one of the threads on their forum.
do you have a link please? i tried to look for it, but couldn't find.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 1, 2012
2556 posts
513 upvotes
Scarborough
No i dont have the direct link. You can search for it there or just trust me. If i come across the link again, I'll post it for you.
Member
Jan 28, 2010
267 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
TDotHacker wrote: No i dont have the direct link. You can search for it there or just trust me. If i come across the link again, I'll post it for you.
ok, np. i will try searching for it. thanks!
Newbie
Jun 9, 2015
97 posts
14 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
CanadaDealSeeker wrote: Thanks for the information. I hope they allow it when the add-on "is just about to expire" so you can add more and roll the balance , and not when it is actually expired.
Every prepaid service allow their customers to keep the balance rolling as long as they keep their account active.

I don't believe you can roll over the unused "add-ons".....they have a self life of 365 days.....I think only the $$$ balance rolls over.......
Member
Jan 28, 2010
267 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
userID wrote: I don't believe you can roll over the unused "add-ons".....they have a self life of 365 days.....I think only the $$$ balance rolls over.......
like i quoted in my post above (#711), it seems it rolls over. and the CSR i talked earlier told me the same.
I will know it for sure when i will Add a new data :)
Member
Mar 30, 2005
208 posts
49 upvotes
"Thus since these add ons have a 1 year life cycle, the ultimate determination of expiry date is the top up amount purchased."

From the statement above, add-ons (data or text) will expire by your Top Up Amount expiry date. This means the only choice that makes this a good deal is the $100 Top Up with 20GB add-on for 365 days assuming you have use for all that data. A light user thinking the $100 Top Up with 10GB add-on will just leave $45 credit balance that goes expired. If you are thinking to preserve it, your next Top Up will likely be $100 to extend another 365 expiry days (and another 20Gb add-on) but the $45 balance will just get accumulated without much use unless you burn it through calls/text/more add-ons within the same year. In summary, this is hot deal if you spend minimum $100 for >20GB data each year.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 12, 2009
19317 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
People, are you playing with fire contacting support and drawing unwanted attention? If the data can't carry over, it's not like there is recourse or that the terms are onerous. $100 of data with one year expiry is industry leading already. The first person needing to do a top up can be the test mule and report back
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 1, 2012
2556 posts
513 upvotes
Scarborough
will888 wrote: People, are you playing with fire contacting support and drawing unwanted attention? If the data can't carry over, it's not like there is recourse or that the terms are onerous. $100 of data with one year expiry is industry leading already. The first person needing to do a top up can be the test mule and report back
I know right
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1664 posts
576 upvotes
Oakville
There's a check box for save your credit card data when you top up. Coworker told me he checked it and it auto populated the Personal Info. I have my doubts this is true. In any case is best that you NEVER check save your credit card details in top up

Top