Tbaytel Prepaid powered by Rogers - $150 for 20GB with 365 Day Expiry

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2020 8:43 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19317 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
conects wrote: guys anybody tell me how to get the sim card already read the forum how to get it from fred
Then you have to answer. Talk to Fred.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15911 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: Ok, for current Tbaytel prepaid users - anyone have to replace or change your SIM card?

I currently have a micro-sim Tbaytel sim card...and thinking of changing my phone to one that uses a nano-sim.

I prefer not to cut my existing micro-sim but not sure if I should request a nano-sim?

Anyone call in to get a new different size sim?
Cutting a micro sim to nano size is pretty easy. I cut 3 micro cards to nano for use in an iPad/iPhone. I downloaded the template from the Internet, marked the cut lines, and used a pair of sharp wire cutters.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19317 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
audit13 wrote: Cutting a micro sim to nano size is pretty easy. I cut 3 micro cards to nano for use in an iPad/iPhone. I downloaded the template from the Internet, marked the cut lines, and used a pair of sharp wire cutters.
Nano SIMs are available. Why chance having to cut it? I have a nano, but have successfully adapted to micro and full size.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15911 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
If you already have a micro already and need a nano, cutting may be the only feasible option.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19317 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
audit13 wrote: If you already have a micro already and need a nano, cutting may be the only feasible option.
True. You mentioned cutting 3 micro SIMs. I would have thought you would buy nano SIMs exclusively after having cut the first one.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15911 posts
2595 upvotes
Toronto
I had micro sim cards because the devices with which these sim cards were originally utilized require micro cards. These original devices were subsequently replaced with nano devices. Since none of the cards had expired and getting nano replacements would have required additional time and expense, I just cut them.
May 23, 2015
151 posts
25 upvotes
Surrey, BC
So, you guys recommend getting nano SIMs and then buying adapters?
May 22, 2012
760 posts
37 upvotes
MONTR
Just started using my new SIM yesterday and wow, it works so well. I am really surprised. I have reception everywhere I normally would. Thanks to everyone for helping :)

Btw when I called rogers they said there is no 30 day notice so they cancelled instantly which is great. But he also said I can't keep the number so asked me to get a prepaid plan ($10 to open) and no need to top it up for a year. Is this true? Should I keep a prepaid on my rogers number?

I thought by law the number belonged to me.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19317 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
iamanagram wrote: So, you guys recommend getting nano SIMs and then buying adapters?
For this account, yes. It is so difficult to get a replacement SIM, you have to plan for the eventuality of either needing to do some form of SIM surgery. I like my chances with using SIM adapters to upsize better than trimming with scissors.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19317 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
lachdanan wrote: Just started using my new SIM yesterday and wow, it works so well. I am really surprised. I have reception everywhere I normally would. Thanks to everyone for helping :)

Btw when I called rogers they said there is no 30 day notice so they cancelled instantly which is great. But he also said I can't keep the number so asked me to get a prepaid plan ($10 to open) and no need to top it up for a year. Is this true? Should I keep a prepaid on my rogers number?

I thought by law the number belonged to me.
Which law are you referring to that entitles you ownership to a phone number? Please show us. As for keeping your Rogers number, only you can decide on what to do with it. If you want it bad enough, put it in a prepaid account.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2273 posts
196 upvotes
Mississauga
belongs to you if only you keep it active
you are cancelling it, so it goes to recycle pile....
May 22, 2012
760 posts
37 upvotes
MONTR
Gotcha I confused it with porting the number. I guess I should just port it to fongo then. Having a new number is ok but I just assumed fongo will have forwarding of some kind instead of really using the number I provide for porting. That way I also don't need prepaid from rogers while keeping the number.
May 22, 2012
760 posts
37 upvotes
MONTR
Also guys can I port my rogers number to fongo while only using my tbaytel SIM? AFAIK fongo doesn't care if the SIM you are using has the number fongo is using no? Am I missing something?
Nov 27, 2013
308 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What do you mean? they are two different things. You use data to access fongo. Tbaytel just provides data.
Deal Guru
Sep 28, 2010
10682 posts
2907 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
lachdanan wrote: Also guys can I port my rogers number to fongo while only using my tbaytel SIM? AFAIK fongo doesn't care if the SIM you are using has the number fongo is using no? Am I missing something?
fongo has nothing to do with your SIM.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)