Tbaytel Prepaid powered by Rogers - $150 for 20GB with 365 Day Expiry

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2020 3:30 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1664 posts
576 upvotes
Oakville
lachdanan wrote: Also guys can I port my rogers number to fongo while only using my tbaytel SIM? AFAIK fongo doesn't care if the SIM you are using has the number fongo is using no? Am I missing something?
Fongo has nothing to do with your sim card. It's a VOIP app you can run from many device, even ones without sims.

If you want to port your Rogers number to fongo go to their website, pay the $25. In a few days Fongo will have your number.

Afterward, if you want calls to your old rogers number to reach your Tbaytel voice line (ie Thunder Bay Phone number):
you can setup Follow Me (Call Fwding) to your new Thunder Bay phone number. Just make sure you top up your Fongo account with $5+ as TB #s are Long distance

Else if you want to take your calls over data through Fongo, keep the app running on your phone. Also keep in mind txt msgs from your ported Rogers number will have to go through fongo. So youll need the fongo app running to receive txts that are sent your ported rogers number. For outgoing txt youll need to buy a Fongo txt package.

Check it all out at fongo.Com
May 22, 2012
759 posts
37 upvotes
MONTR
Kursor17 wrote: Fongo has nothing to do with your sim card. It's a VOIP app you can run from many device, even ones without sims.

If you want to port your Rogers number to fongo go to their website, pay the $25. In a few days Fongo will have your number.

Afterward, if you want calls to your old rogers number to reach your Tbaytel voice line (ie Thunder Bay Phone number):
you can setup Follow Me (Call Fwding) to your new Thunder Bay phone number. Just make sure you top up your Fongo account with $5+ as TB #s are Long distance

Else if you want to take your calls over data through Fongo, keep the app running on your phone. Also keep in mind txt msgs from your ported Rogers number will have to go through fongo. So youll need the fongo app running to receive txts that are sent your ported rogers number. For outgoing txt youll need to buy a Fongo txt package.

Check it all out at fongo.Com
Thanks kursor, that makes sense. I was just confused if I would have to put my old rogers SIM into my phone after I port my number to fongo. I just thought that SIM had to be present.

I am not using my tbaytel number, only fongo for call/sms, and rest is messenger apps.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9013 posts
1599 upvotes
Montreal
will888 wrote: Likely if you can make it to the nearest Bestbuy in the TBay region.
and have a Thunder Bay address! It's a contract phone so you must give billing address and such, you can't sign up for it if you don't live there.

This deal works for us because an address is NOT required for prepaid.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14570 posts
2194 upvotes
Toronto
I got a SIM activated today. This is an awesome deal.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19314 posts
7421 upvotes
Toronto
wilsonlam97 wrote: I got a SIM activated today. This is an awesome deal.
Put it in a dual SIM phone like the zenfone 2, add some cheap minutes to SIM2 and you got yourself the most economical cell service in Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9007 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote: Put it in a dual SIM phone like the zenfone 2, add some cheap minutes to SIM2 and you got yourself the most economical cell service in Canada.
Can we use Wind Sim (or Mobilicity Sim) in SIM2? Thanks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
Jan 13, 2002
420 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
can2000 wrote: Can we use Wind Sim (or Mobilicity Sim) in SIM2? Thanks
No. Only will work with carrier that can use 2G service like Rogers/Petro-Canada/Speak out/Fido/Chatr
Jan 13, 2002
420 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
alanbrenton wrote: Is this you, Fred of Thunderbay?
No, different Fred, of Toronto.
Though I did order a sim from Fred of thunder bay...
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1894 posts
289 upvotes
GTA
What number did people call to get tethering enabled? Do they confirm any information about your account? Just want to make sure I don't have to supply my address for any verification reasons.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3572 posts
893 upvotes
Calgary
lg777 wrote: What number did people call to get tethering enabled? Do they confirm any information about your account? Just want to make sure I don't have to supply my address for any verification reasons.
I called this number 807-623-4400

They verified only my pin and my full name, that was it. After few minutes being on hold, tethering is turned on.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 19, 2005
9007 posts
462 upvotes
Toronto
lg777 wrote: What number did people call to get tethering enabled? Do they confirm any information about your account? Just want to make sure I don't have to supply my address for any verification reasons.
Call *611 on your cell phone with tbaytel sim.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need below items in GTA:
- CT, HD, FS, BB, gas GCs

FS: Freedom Mobile credit
May 22, 2012
759 posts
37 upvotes
MONTR
will888 wrote: Put it in a dual SIM phone like the zenfone 2, add some cheap minutes to SIM2 and you got yourself the most economical cell service in Canada.
Why do you need that when you can use fongo? Or is it because fongo sometimes doesn't get quality calls sometimes?