Cell Phones

TCL 10L and 10 Pro now available.

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 5:51 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2004
765 posts
152 upvotes

TCL 10L and 10 Pro now available.

TCL is now in the phone market.

TCL 10L and 10Pro are now available in Canada (Bell, Virgin, Telus, Koodo).

I've been eyeing the TCL 10L and for the specks and price, you can't go wrong for $350.00.

I think the TCL 10 pro is a little over price $750.00, it's very close the the 10L in some ways.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/07/10/tcl- ... anada-now/
8 replies
Newbie
Sep 18, 2019
38 posts
14 upvotes
The 10 Pro is $700 & comes with a free 4k 43" TCL tv if purchased by jul 16.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1770 posts
935 upvotes
TameemH47424 wrote: The 10 Pro is $700 & comes with a free 4k 43" TCL tv if purchased by jul 16.
Nice.. sell the TV to further reduce the cost of the phone win-win.
Sr. Member
Jan 17, 2013
655 posts
252 upvotes
Cameraguy23 wrote: TCL is now in the phone market.

TCL 10L and 10Pro are now available in Canada (Bell, Virgin, Telus, Koodo).

I've been eyeing the TCL 10L and for the specks and price, you can't go wrong for $350.00.

I think the TCL 10 pro is a little over price $750.00, it's very close the the 10L in some ways.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/07/10/tcl- ... anada-now/
Paying $750 for the TCL 10 Pro, a SnapDragon 675 phone is not worth it. A better investment would be the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite @ $585.

[B&H Photo Video] Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite (6.7", 128GB, 8GB, SD855, 4500mah) US$431 / CAD$585
b-h-photo-video-samsung-galaxy-s10-lite ... 2-2387094/

On the other hand, the TCL 10L for $350 is worth the price.
Sr. Member
Nov 30, 2016
879 posts
1089 upvotes
Mississauga
stack21 wrote: Paying $750 for the TCL 10 Pro, a SnapDragon 675 phone is not worth it. A better investment would be the Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite @ $585.

On the other hand, the TCL 10L for $350 is worth the price.
It looks like Qualcomm are pricing themselves right out of the smartphone market. Right up until the SD855, a flagship wasn't a flagship unless it had the latest and greatest from Qualcomm.
Today however, a lot of flagship and premium phones are going for the other chips from Qualcomm and ignoring the 865 and the need for a discrete 5G modem.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1770 posts
935 upvotes
@stack21
I agree with you that $750 is a bit steep for a SD600 series.

But they've got a promo that includes a 43" TV.
Sell that TV should lower the cost & should come close to S10 Lite in term of pricing.
Sr. Member
Jan 17, 2013
655 posts
252 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: It looks like Qualcomm are pricing themselves right out of the smartphone market. Right up until the SD855, a flagship wasn't a flagship unless it had the latest and greatest from Qualcomm.
Today however, a lot of flagship and premium phones are going for the other chips from Qualcomm and ignoring the 865 and the need for a discrete 5G modem.
Agree that Qualcomm are pricing themselves out, that in turn, perhaps, cause flagship phones to reach the $1500 price point. If that trend continues, there will be decreased demand for the 800 series chip.
Sr. Member
Jan 17, 2013
655 posts
252 upvotes
jay-em wrote: @stack21
I agree with you that $750 is a bit steep for a SD600 series.

But they've got a promo that includes a 43" TV.
Sell that TV should lower the cost & should come close to S10 Lite in term of pricing.
Even if the price is brought down close to the S10 Lite, the S10 Lite with a SD855 chip is still superior to the 10 Pro. And with the Samsung brand, the S10 Lite has excellent resale value.

https://versus.com/en/qualcomm-snapdrag ... dragon-845

Compare TCL competitors: ZTE Axon 10 Pro with a SD855 chip sells @ around $700, OnePlus 7 Pro with SD855 chip sells @ around $700. A realistic price for the TCL 10 Pro with a SD675 chip would be $500 (plus the free TV during this launch).
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1770 posts
935 upvotes
@stack21
Yes you're right when it comes down to specs S10 Lite wins hands down.

I was only looking at the price.

Top