Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

TCL 20 Pro 5G, Get a FREE 55” TCL TV!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2021 9:20 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2013
1311 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Nabiltb10 wrote:
If you are looking for phone for calls and text plus occasional email and YouTube for your dad then I suggest you look at phones that came out in 2015/16 because those will be more than enough for the tasks you need.
How do you find a brand new phone that came out in 2015/16? Who would hold onto it for that long?
Sep 22, 2018
227 posts
590 upvotes
Varian wrote: How do you find a brand new phone that came out in 2015/16? Who would hold onto it for that long?
I meant a used one obviously
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Varian wrote: How do you find a brand new phone that came out in 2015/16? Who would hold onto it for that long?
I have BNIB, or near-new phones from that era! lol
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2792 posts
419 upvotes
Mississauga
Nabiltb10 wrote: Are you actually being serious or just joking?
This isn't 2013 where every other android one was crap.
If you are looking for phone for calls and text plus occasional email and YouTube for your dad then I suggest you look at phones that came out in 2015/16 because those will be more than enough for the tasks you need.

This is serious question. Why do I need to joke? I don't know anyone who has or use of this brand, that is why I am asking.

I prefer not to buy used from that far back because my parents keep their phone for 4 - 5 years so if so the battery life doesn't hold well and updates are not up to date.
Sep 22, 2018
227 posts
590 upvotes
win-star wrote: This is serious question. Why do I need to joke? I don't know anyone who has or use of this brand, that is why I am asking.

I prefer not to buy used from that far back because my parents keep their phone for 4 - 5 years so if so the battery life doesn't hold well and updates are not up to date.
Tcl is a known brand and has been making smartphones for a few years just not under their own name.
This is a really good phone that can handle more than what your dad will throw at it so you don't need to worry about that.
The only thing you need to worry about is system and security updates which will only be 1 or 2 years max on this phone but other than that this phone is one of the best phones in terms of value for dollar.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2692 posts
1742 upvotes
Home
Rogido wrote: ...or a car! Face With Tears Of Joy
Whoosh!
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB
Nov 30, 2005
287 posts
87 upvotes
I really don't think this phone worth 833$... you pay your TV yourself at this price, nothing is free, for example the Tcl 10 pro is 700$+tx at most carriers price but you can buy it outright for 260$ easily elsewhere...
Mar 7, 2011
85 posts
104 upvotes
mcbain wrote: I really don't think this phone worth 833$... you pay your TV yourself at this price, nothing is free, for example the Tcl 10 pro is 700$+tx at most carriers price but you can buy it outright for 260$ easily elsewhere...
Who is selling the TCL 10Pro for $260.00 new with a full warranty?
Nov 30, 2005
287 posts
87 upvotes
piperzoe wrote: Who is selling the TCL 10Pro for $260.00 new with a full warranty?
Gorecell is one of them
Mar 7, 2011
85 posts
104 upvotes
mcbain wrote: Gorecell is one of them
I guess you missed the part of my post that said "new" and with "full warranty."

You posted a site that sells used devices.
Nov 30, 2005
287 posts
87 upvotes
piperzoe wrote: I guess you missed the part of my post that said "new" and with "full warranty."

You posted a site that sells used devices.
I guess you didnt look at the website at all, they are new and sealed...

what else you want i do for you?
Mar 7, 2011
85 posts
104 upvotes
mcbain wrote: I guess you didnt look at the website at all, they are new and sealed...

what else you want i do for you?
Look again, they come with a 90 day warranty.

You were wrong, so admit it and move along troll!
Mar 20, 2019
207 posts
213 upvotes
how does a thread with a free tv even gets downvoted? show me a better deal downvoters since y'all think this is a bad deal clearly
Dec 10, 2008
427 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
RainbowKitty wrote: how does a thread with a free tv even gets downvoted? show me a better deal downvoters since y'all think this is a bad deal clearly
They probably downvoted because the value of the Phone is far greater than the Value of the TV.
x
Aug 8, 2013
317 posts
291 upvotes
Ottawa
Do I have to be with a carrier's service or can I just buy the phone and still qualify? I'd like to just buy the phone, redeem the TV then sell the phone.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1569 posts
2872 upvotes
Nimious wrote: Do I have to be with a carrier's service or can I just buy the phone and still qualify? I'd like to just buy the phone, redeem the TV then sell the phone.
According to previous experience- TCL doesn't care. The only thing they care about is the phone getting returned, hence the 60days waiting period.

If you can pay off the phone- you're golden. But I'm pretty sure a lot of carriers will not sell the phone outright to you without some kind of MSP/Prepaid. It's best to check the T&C from the carrier side at this point- they seem to be super strict about it vs TCL who I phoned twice last time and did not care at all as long as I bought the phone and could prove via IMEI.
Banned
Oct 7, 2020
101 posts
87 upvotes
win-star wrote: This is serious question. Why do I need to joke? I don't know anyone who has or use of this brand, that is why I am asking.

I have my old Oneplus 5t that came out in 2017. I flashed lineage os and it's running android 11. It has a bit faster benchmark scores then the Pixel 4a 5G.
Apr 5, 2007
223 posts
15 upvotes
North York
Is it possible to upgrade to the TCL 6 series from the deal or is the upgrade only available for the tv size?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1569 posts
2872 upvotes
war1000 wrote: Is it possible to upgrade to the TCL 6 series from the deal or is the upgrade only available for the tv size?
Last time WAS a series-6, so it was just a choice of size. This time, not sure. Since I'll likely be relegating this to a spare room, I think the series-4 is a fine compromise.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2017
1971 posts
2109 upvotes
Moncton
Nimious wrote: Do I have to be with a carrier's service or can I just buy the phone and still qualify? I'd like to just buy the phone, redeem the TV then sell the phone.
Kazushi wrote: According to previous experience- TCL doesn't care. The only thing they care about is the phone getting returned, hence the 60days waiting period.

If you can pay off the phone- you're golden. But I'm pretty sure a lot of carriers will not sell the phone outright to you without some kind of MSP/Prepaid. It's best to check the T&C from the carrier side at this point- they seem to be super strict about it vs TCL who I phoned twice last time and did not care at all as long as I bought the phone and could prove via IMEI.
The way the system works is that you apply for the TV promo and give them the invoice information. They then confirm with the carrier that the phone was received as part of/during the time frame of the promotion before approving the TV to be shipped to you. IIRC, when I got a similar deal on a 10 pro through Koodo, I believe there was some kind of requirement to keep the phone for a minimum of 6 months.

Based on that, you need to get the phone from a carrier along with whatever penalties they have in place for breaking the contract on the phone which in most cases is going to be full MSRP + 20->40%.

TLDR.... probably not worth it if you think you're going to flip the phone and get a "free" TV.
Koodo 33GB UL T&T @ $48 (waiting on my tab to switch to a better/cheaper plan)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)