• Aug 4th, 2017 8:32 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 26, 2016
278 posts
162 upvotes

TD Aeroplan Infinite & Free Luggage Aeroplan AC Flights

Does the TD Aeroplan card have to be used to pay the aeroplan fees in order to be eligible for free luggage? I have an Aeroplan flight in mid-September, booked two months ago. I'm wondering if there would be any value in getting the card before the trip for luggage, or if it'll be ineligible. There's nothing in the fine print regarding it, only that the aeroplan account linked to the card must be the one used for booking, and the account holder must be the same on both. I've been holding out in the hopes they would soon restore the 25-30k promo rather than the current 15k, but I'm starting to wonder.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
26110 posts
8242 upvotes
where I belong
I'd think so, but YMMV as I don't think check-in agents can know how you paid for the tax/fees

but you may be able to argue/convince your way in, by showing the card
I think Boarding Pass will say AP*CC or something
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's Mega Thread of Credit Cards Q&A
Aug 1, 2017
21 posts
When I had this card I did pay the fees on the card but not sure if you have to. At the airport I showed my card and they gave me free checked bag. Did not care if I paid fees or not on the card nor did they care if I was the Primary cardholder. My spouse could have showed her supplementary card and they would have given her a free checked bag

This is from their website

ONE COMPLIMENTARY CHECKED BAG5
Check your first bag for free. As the Primary Cardholder, you'll receive one complimentary checked bag, whenever you travel using an Aeroplan flight reward on flights operated by Air Canada®, Air Canada Rouge® or under the Air Canada Express® banner. Simply book your flight reward by redeeming the miles from your Aeroplan Account.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1682 posts
283 upvotes
Toronto
I cancelled the card last week, and my trip is in couple weeks. [censored] $25 gone. @[email protected])*@#$(^#)*