None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
1938 posts
1107 upvotes
Toronto

TD aeroplan points to be able to pay tax, etc starting april

Sorry if this has been post already. I was in TD bank today and notice a sign indicating, starting April, you can use your aeroplan points to pay your taxes with reward flights. I didn't get a chance to look at the details, because I was next for the teller. Does anybody know the details?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2009
1280 posts
516 upvotes
lurker99 wrote: Sorry if this has been post already. I was in TD bank today and notice a sign indicating, starting April, you can use your aeroplan points to pay your taxes with reward flights. I didn't get a chance to look at the details, because I was next for the teller. Does anybody know the details?
It would be good but hard to believe.
Are you sure it is not early April 01 news?

TD Card is only vehicle to accumulate points.
We get tickets from Aeroplan, not from TD.
Such kind of change must come from Aeroplan.
Oct 24, 2009
973 posts
996 upvotes
Vancouver
Sounds like a good idea but I doubt they will give you more than 1c in taxes per miles. Like everything else in Aeroplan, it's designed to give you as little as possible for each mile.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
1938 posts
1107 upvotes
Toronto
Spoke with my branch and they said the notice was posted early and suppose to be release march 1st. I guest have to wait for tomorrow for details.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2001
1938 posts
1107 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like this an aeroplan change and not limited to TD aeroplan credit card. Still not much details.

"11.1. For new flight reward bookings made as of April 1st, 2016, an Aeroplan Member may have the option to: (i) have the applicable Taxes, Fees and Surcharges associated with their flight reward booking charged to a credit card, or, (ii) if eligible, redeem Aeroplan Miles to cover the applicable Taxes, Fees and Surcharges associated with their flight reward booking."

http://www4.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3762 posts
881 upvotes
Toronto
It had to be Aeroplan driven otherwise it really would not have made a lot of sense!
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1071 posts
630 upvotes
Midland
.03 of taxes = 1 aeroplan point ... Good luck with that

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)