Expired Hot Deals

[TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card] 25k points with 1.5k spend in 90 days - FYF

[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1325 posts
566 upvotes

[TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card] 25k points with 1.5k spend in 90 days - FYF

The usual fall promotion from TD Aeroplan (AP) infinite.

Fyf
25k points if you spend 1500 in first 90 days (should be easy).
46 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6464 posts
2343 upvotes
Montreal
No minimum spending for QC
Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aeroplan Miles when you make your first Purchase with your Card1.
+
10,000 Aeroplan Miles when you keep your Account open, active and in good standing for 90 days after Account opening1.
Holding on this one, they might upgrade the offer to 30,000 miles later.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2539 posts
1593 upvotes
This offer expires on Nov7. I cancelled my existing one in anticipation of the offer that would come with the new launch of their “improved” program. The launch of the new program is Nov8, so this is not a coincidence.

I need to make up 45k in points due their deval for 3 biz tickets that I was planning to buy but had to put on hold due to the pandemic.

After this I am done with AP.
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5245 posts
3249 upvotes
djredhat wrote: This offer expires on Nov7. I cancelled my existing one in anticipation of the offer that would come with the new launch of their “improved” program. The launch of the new program is Nov8, so this is not a coincidence.

I need to make up 45k in points due their deval for 3 biz tickets that I was planning to buy but had to put on hold due to the pandemic.

After this I am done with AP.
I also need extra points because of the devaluation. I had 2 business class tickets ready to go in January (320k pts). But pandemic killed it. Now I think I need another 40k pts total.

What's the alternative to AP though?

Westjet? they are a joke for redemptions plus they don't have the footprint

BA? not enough flights from toronto to make it worth while.

AA? I have 30kpts for years and never had a chance to use them. Hard to keep these points alive too.

I did UA for a while because they didn't have bogus fees but it was much harder to get status because I needed 4 segments on UA metal. I was able to make it to silver status and then they devauled the points. They went to market fare instead of fixed point. A 25k redemption went to 30k.

Now that AP also has no bogus charges, I'm going to switch back to AP.
Jan 10, 2011
178 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if I product switch to this card again, will I get the bonus again? I used to have this card and switched to another.

I think I read from somewhere before saying aeroplan welcome bonus is a one time thing for the same card, if you ever got one before, then you will never receive it again if you switch back.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2539 posts
1593 upvotes
mech9t5 wrote: I also need extra points because of the devaluation. I had 2 business class tickets ready to go in January (320k pts). But pandemic killed it. Now I think I need another 40k pts total.

What's the alternative to AP though?

Westjet? they are a joke for redemptions plus they don't have the footprint

BA? not enough flights from toronto to make it worth while.

AA? I have 30kpts for years and never had a chance to use them. Hard to keep these points alive too.

I did UA for a while because they didn't have bogus fees but it was much harder to get status because I needed 4 segments on UA metal. I was able to make it to silver status and then they devauled the points. They went to market fare instead of fixed point. A 25k redemption went to 30k.

Now that AP also has no bogus charges, I'm going to switch back to AP.
You are right that there is no alternative. And everyone seems to be doing the deval.

The new program has some advantages for frequent business flyers, but for the occasional leisure travellers sucks.

What I meant was that I will be done churning AP cards as we usually travel overseas, so to get 4 reward tickets would take forever.
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
1325 posts
566 upvotes
tailetong wrote: Anyone know if I product switch to this card again, will I get the bonus again? I used to have this card and switched to another.

I think I read from somewhere before saying aeroplan welcome bonus is a one time thing for the same card, if you ever got one before, then you will never receive it again if you switch back.
I do ps all the time , each time getting the bonus.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2094 posts
761 upvotes
I opened the last promo on Mar 1 and I still have it. Was gonna downgrade it to a no-fee.
If you have opened an Account in the last 6 months, you will not be eligible for this offer. We reserve the right to limit the number of Accounts opened by and the number of miles awarded to any one person.
But I should still qualify if I apply?
May 13, 2018
140 posts
33 upvotes
Madevilz wrote: No minimum spending for QC

Holding on this one, they might upgrade the offer to 30,000 miles later.
The points are being devalued with the new aeroplan coming in place, Nov 8 2020, not sure if they will offer that much afterwards.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6464 posts
2343 upvotes
Montreal
JoJoC93704 wrote: The points are being devalued with the new aeroplan coming in place, Nov 8 2020, not sure if they will offer that much afterwards.
So there's no point in signing up now if points will have less value on Nov 8? Unless you use the points right away.
Aug 8, 2020
91 posts
39 upvotes
JoJoC93704 wrote: The points are being devalued with the new aeroplan coming in place, Nov 8 2020, not sure if they will offer that much afterwards.
Oh I must've missed that announcement, no wonder it's called aeropesso.
So no more 25K = NA flight?
Mar 9, 2019
169 posts
438 upvotes
St. John's
CALITSLA wrote: Oh I must've missed that announcement, no wonder it's called aeropesso.
So no more 25K = NA flight?
I personally can’t find details on that. But it is moving to dynamic pricing meaning it fluctuates with the market. According to the website a flight this is the new rewards chart.

https://www.aircanada.com/content/dam/a ... art-en.pdf
Jan 18, 2005
160 posts
83 upvotes
They aren't devalued, just changing the way they calculate the redemption. Some things are cheaper, many are more expensive. All flights are now available but more points for more expensive tickets so it is best to book early (just like when using cash).

Also, no crazy taxes and fees.

West coast to Europe is more (sucks, I had 2 round trip business class tickets to Europe booked before the pandemic, to replace them next year will cost more points but save me a butt load of fees (Lufthansa was the worst) so it might work out.

Vancouver to Tokyo is actually cheaper than before.

There are lots of sites with detailed analysis if you want more info.
Sep 3, 2019
399 posts
243 upvotes
GTA
headleygrange wrote: I do ps all the time , each time getting the bonus.
Good to hear. When I did my ps from TDAPVI to TDCBVI few months ago, rep said bonus is a one time offer. Now confused...