Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6491 posts
2349 upvotes
Montreal
Poco wrote:

Also, no crazy taxes and fees.
Really?
I remember last year I redeemed for a fligh to Vegas, taxes and fees were like $200.
No taxes would be crazy good.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
1184 posts
889 upvotes
Toronto
Madevilz wrote: Really?
I remember last year I redeemed for a fligh to Vegas, taxes and fees were like $200.
No taxes would be crazy good.
Just no carrier surcharge. There will still be other fees and taxes
Oct 16, 2014
228 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Would the FYF apply if I do a product transfer from a no fee card to the aeroplan?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 16, 2005
5282 posts
3295 upvotes
djredhat wrote: You are right that there is no alternative. And everyone seems to be doing the deval.

The new program has some advantages for frequent business flyers, but for the occasional leisure travellers sucks.

What I meant was that I will be done churning AP cards as we usually travel overseas, so to get 4 reward tickets would take forever.
Agree. Will pause a bit to see what shakes out especially due to covid.
Jul 29, 2013
10 posts
1 upvote
I just applied for a new Aeroplan Visa Infinite yesterday with only 15000 Welcome Bonus and the card have already been approved. How can I get the promotion of extra 10,000 aeroplan if I spend $1500 in 90 days?
Aug 17, 2016
25 posts
53 upvotes
wpuilun01 wrote: I just applied for a new Aeroplan Visa Infinite yesterday with only 15000 Welcome Bonus and the card have already been approved. How can I get the promotion of extra 10,000 aeroplan if I spend $1500 in 90 days?
You can't unfortunately I was in a similar situation and called in but was denied and told that was the offer I signed up for.

Sucks
May 2, 2017
796 posts
1449 upvotes
ive applied for this 2-3 separate occasions with 6 months gap, all denied.
haven't been denied in any other bank, had/have bmo WE, Scotia Momentum inf., Cibc inf., RBC avion, etc.

anybody has hints for approval?
i hit the requirements and entered my sin.
Jan 18, 2005
160 posts
83 upvotes
gotglint wrote: good to know, thanks. so i don't need to burn my AP points before Nov 8?
You should review the various articles written about the new format and decide how much the trip you want will cost and book it before or after the 8th depending on the value. It might be better to book it early and pay the change/cancellation fee if you change your mind or book it later for lower carrier surcharges.

My plan is to book later since the trip I booked was over $800 per person in carrier surcharges. It will cost more points, but I could get an Amex platinum for less than the extra fee and enough points to cover the difference.
Jan 8, 2012
649 posts
431 upvotes
Williams Lake
Thanks OP.

Currently have this card.

As for Aeroplan, this fellow has the best information on the new Aeroplan I've seen online:

PrinceOfTravel

For me the new program is definitely a devaluation (eg. the points cost of my two most recent trips increased 30 and 40% with a total fee savings of approx. $900). But that just means I have to figure out how to tailor my trips to best take advantage of the new system.

There's a lot of info on how to do this on the site I linked.

And as others have said, Aeroplan is still the best game in town if you have the flexibility to take advantage of it's sweet spots.
Apr 16, 2007
687 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
So what do you guys think? Apply now for 25k or hold until November 8 and see what they offer? If the only difference is an extra 5000 points, I’ll just go for it now. But if people think there’s gonna be a major rebrand with new perks on the card....I’ll wait. I don’t think this is guaranteed tho.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2169 posts
674 upvotes
Burnaby
mark2000 wrote: So what do you guys think? Apply now for 25k or hold until November 8 and see what they offer? If the only difference is an extra 5000 points, I’ll just go for it now. But if people think there’s gonna be a major rebrand with new perks on the card....I’ll wait. I don’t think this is guaranteed tho.
Nasr and O'leary hinted at some nice sign up bonues with the new credit card lineup on PoT's youtube channel. What does that mean? No one really knows as most of their other answers were dodgeballs. Perhaps the perks will be geared more towards status.
Sep 8, 2006
753 posts
228 upvotes
Richmond
Seanne wrote: ive applied for this 2-3 separate occasions with 6 months gap, all denied.
haven't been denied in any other bank, had/have bmo WE, Scotia Momentum inf., Cibc inf., RBC avion, etc.

anybody has hints for approval?
i hit the requirements and entered my sin.
stop applying. try again in 6 months. either that or call in
Jun 16, 2009
454 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
tailetong wrote: Anyone know if I product switch to this card again, will I get the bonus again? I used to have this card and switched to another.

I think I read from somewhere before saying aeroplan welcome bonus is a one time thing for the same card, if you ever got one before, then you will never receive it again if you switch back.
Yes, you will get the bonus, but you have to 6 months interval between the switches.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2155 posts
1295 upvotes
North Vancouver
Seriously considering dropping Air Canada and just focussing on Alaska Airlines. The additional taxes and surcharges that you have to pay with AP is ridiculous!
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Oct 25, 2010
675 posts
284 upvotes
Sorcerer wrote: Seriously considering dropping Air Canada and just focussing on Alaska Airlines. The additional taxes and surcharges that you have to pay with AP is ridiculous!
The high fees is one of the things that had improved with the new ap plan. No more high fees