Expired Hot Deals

[TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card] 25k points with 1.5k spend in 90 days - FYF

May 26, 2011
808 posts
599 upvotes
Poco wrote: My plan is to book later since the trip I booked was over $800 per person in carrier surcharges.
Just book now with no/low surcharge carriers. When I was looking last month to book business class, availabilities were good for spring, for example. My fees and taxes to Europe 2 round trip was less than $250, but I had to pay the phone booking fee to cherry pick the no surcharge carriers (i.e. Etihad, Turkish and United).
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
May 26, 2011
808 posts
599 upvotes
Sorcerer wrote: Seriously considering dropping Air Canada and just focussing on Alaska Airlines. The additional taxes and surcharges that you have to pay with AP is ridiculous!
A devaluation is widely expected when Alaska joins oneworld later this year. I mean 70k miles and less than $200 for one way on Cathay first class from here to Africa, including a stopover is too good to last. Redeem now! Devaluations left, center and right!
Freedom mobile, airbnb, AMEX, Great Canadian Rebates (GCR), Ebates, Top Cash Back, Groupon, Livingsocial, Doordash, SkipTheDishes, Checkout 51, Drop, Stack, TransferWise, Questrade, EQ, Achieva, PayTM, Simplii and Tangerine customer.
Feb 16, 2003
521 posts
68 upvotes
RE : Changes to program, anyone have info regarding gift card exchange (+ or - in points)? I'm waiting for some promo but didn't see any since last year. Yes i know it's not the best option, but i don't fly and get points from welcome bonus only, not from spending on CC.
WTB:
Apr 3, 2017
7 posts
4 upvotes
Cancelled this card 4 months ago and tried to reapply yesterday and got denied. Do I have to wait 6 months after my cancellation (4 months ago) or 6 months since applying again (yesterday)?
Aug 8, 2020
91 posts
41 upvotes
Damians2012 wrote: I personally can’t find details on that. But it is moving to dynamic pricing meaning it fluctuates with the market. According to the website a flight this is the new rewards chart.

https://www.aircanada.com/content/dam/a ... art-en.pdf
Thanks, as long as they don't go to aventura route, pricing by dollar may not be all too bad for flyers within NA.

But wow timing sucks as they decided to do this people can't just got t around for vacations. Good timing on their part I suppose.
Aug 8, 2020
91 posts
41 upvotes
maverikbc wrote: Just book now with no/low surcharge carriers. When I was looking last month to book business class, availabilities were good for spring, for example. My fees and taxes to Europe 2 round trip was less than $250, but I had to pay the phone booking fee to cherry pick the no surcharge carriers (i.e. Etihad, Turkish and United).
But is it even worth booking now not knowing how long will this lockdown last and if there's a second wave etc.
Dec 8, 2006
868 posts
473 upvotes
SKill7 wrote: Good to hear. When I did my ps from TDAPVI to TDCBVI few months ago, rep said bonus is a one time offer. Now confused...
You can do one once a year.
2x Zoomer Wireless (Rogers): $40.50 6GB 4G LTE, Unlimited Calling & Text
Jan 26, 2011
180 posts
524 upvotes
Scarborough
I got this months ago but it was $1000 spend each of the three months and I didn't get the second bonus Disappointed But Relieved Face
May 26, 2011
808 posts
599 upvotes
CALITSLA wrote: But is it even worth booking now not knowing how long will this lockdown last and if there's a second wave etc.
It's a bet I'm willing to make. Aeroplan has been extending waivers month by month, so if I can't go due to covid, I'll receive a full refund. If my flights operate as scheduled, and if I can't go for my own reasons, I'll just lose $125 (IIRC) cancellation/change fee, which is far generous than most revenue fares.

We're seeing about 50% increase to Europe 2, so I'm booking another one right before Nov, waiting for September and October 2021 award space to open up.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
6491 posts
2349 upvotes
Montreal
matchacreamkitty wrote: Hello, is it possible to link to my family member's aeroplane number?
I previously signed my wife up for this card and put my AP number, no problem
Apr 17, 2015
424 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is product switching still good every 6 months (from cancellation) or do T+C's say 1 year from holding the card (applied, holding, up to cancellation)? I think I tried recently on the TDCBVI
Last edited by k9fire on Sep 16th, 2020 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 17, 2015
424 posts
272 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anonanon wrote: I got this months ago but it was $1000 spend each of the three months and I didn't get the second bonus Disappointed But Relieved Face
I screwed up on a recent card too. Thought it was 3k spend in 3 months, instead of 1k/month for 3 months.