Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Card

TD Aeroplan New Promo -infinite up to 30,000 FYF & privilege up to 65,000 $399

Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1030 posts
118 upvotes
This might be a silly question but is now a good time to sign up for the infinite aeroplan visa? Really sucks I missed out on the promo in July for the 25K points...any reason to hold off?
Feb 18, 2015
93 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
This might be a silly question but is now a good time to sign up for the infinite aeroplan visa? Really sucks I missed out on the promo in July for the 25K points...any reason to hold off?
I am personally waiting for an increased offer from TD. 15k with $120 fee is probably the lowest value available. Get the CIBC Aeroplan Visa infinite with FYF with 15k pts, go for the BMO air miles world elite which is fyf with 3k air miles. Skip the TD card until there is an increased offer unless you really need the aeroplan miles.
CIBC doesn't have the FYF offer on their website but if you call them they will agree to rebate the fee. At least that's what they did for me a month ago. Hope that's still available.

Cheers!
Patience
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
EdwardA376 wrote: I am personally waiting for an increased offer from TD. 15k with $120 fee is probably the lowest value available. Get the CIBC Aeroplan Visa infinite with FYF with 15k pts, go for the BMO air miles world elite which is fyf with 3k air miles. Skip the TD card until there is an increased offer unless you really need the aeroplan miles.
CIBC doesn't have the FYF offer on their website but if you call them they will agree to rebate the fee. At least that's what they did for me a month ago. Hope that's still available.

Cheers!
hi edward, did you had to tell them of other infinite card offers to waive fee or they did it just like that? I hate to apply and then don't get it rebated after the face (plus there is no rebate on the card by holding a cibc banking package)
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Feb 18, 2015
93 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote: hi edward, did you had to tell them of other infinite card offers to waive fee or they did it just like that? I hate to apply and then don't get it rebated after the face (plus there is no rebate on the card by holding a cibc banking package)
I just called and said "Hey, I want to apply for this card but I want to ask for the first year fee waiver." They just said yes without any other questions.
Apparently there is (was?) an unadvertised FYF promotion running. Just call them and if they say no, tell them there are other cards with promotions but you really like their card and don't want to be disappointed. You can also call again later to get a different agent who may be more lenient. If they don't budge just move on to something else.

Hope that helps!
Patience
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
i should know this ... but i don't ...

does anyone know whether ... to take advantage of the free first check-in baggage benefit ... that i need to charge the tix to my td aeroplan visa infinite CC?

i may be able to "buy" the tix with another CC ... but that CC does not offer the first check-in baggage free ...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote: i should know this ... but i don't ...

does anyone know whether ... to take advantage of the free first check-in baggage benefit ... that i need to charge the tix to my td aeroplan visa infinite CC?

i may be able to "buy" the tix with another CC ... but that CC does not offer the first check-in baggage free ...
Only for Aeroplan redemption tickets and it MUST be with AC metal. You can pay the AeroScams with ANY CC, and you're still eligible for the free bag and MLL access as well.

But if you buy a revenue fare, even if it's with AC, it doesn't qualify. But, you could lower your binoculars, show your sweet and smiley face at the check-in counter, and flash your card to see if it they are dazzled into giving it to you anyways. It could happen. :D
*** My private mail inbox is full. Cannot receive new messages. ***
Countdown - 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Done@6603. 2022-07-26 3:17pm ET.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
bizee-bee wrote: Only for Aeroplan redemption tickets and it MUST be with AC metal. You can pay the AeroScams with ANY CC, and you're still eligible for the free bag and MLL access as well.

But if you buy a revenue fare, even if it's with AC, it doesn't qualify. But, you could lower your binoculars, show your sweet and smiley face at the check-in counter, and flash your card to see if it they are dazzled into giving it to you anyways. It could happen. :D
LOL at AeroScams or aeropesso (that's what it is these days unfortunately).

@ValueHunter999 bee is right, when I redeemed by aerospesso tickets to YVR, they already knew my first checked bag was included because i redeemed a reward.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: LOL at AeroScams or aeropesso (that's what it is these days unfortunately).

@ValueHunter999 bee is right, when I redeemed by aerospesso tickets to YVR, they already knew my first checked bag was included because i redeemed a reward.
T, to clarify, did you pay the scammees using one of your many Aeroplan affiliated TD/CIBC Visa cards, or with a department store CC? :razz:

Shouldn't matter, and that's what Binocs999 wants to know.
Feb 13, 2010
45 posts
11 upvotes
Looking for personal experience on this one.

When redeeming an Aeroplan Reward flight, is each passenger eligible for the first checked bag for free? I know the conditions say it is only for the primary card holder however I'm wondering if this is actually built into the system or not.

First scenario: I travel with a guest on Rewards flights booked under my account. Do we get 2 checked bags for free or 1?
Second scenario: I book travel for someone else (without me). Do they get a checked bag for free?
Third scenario: I book travel for 2 other people (without me). Do they get 1 checked bag or two (or none)?

I know priority boarding applies when traveling with a guest (confirmed myself) and that MLL does not (one pass only although the attendant was nice and let my guest in).

Your help is appreciated!
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
gt rider wrote: Looking for personal experience on this one.

When redeeming an Aeroplan Reward flight, is each passenger eligible for the first checked bag for free? I know the conditions say it is only for the primary card holder however I'm wondering if this is actually built into the system or not.

First scenario: I travel with a guest on Rewards flights booked under my account. Do we get 2 checked bags for free or 1?
Second scenario: I book travel for someone else (without me). Do they get a checked bag for free?
Third scenario: I book travel for 2 other people (without me). Do they get 1 checked bag or two (or none)?

I know priority boarding applies when traveling with a guest (confirmed myself) and that MLL does not (one pass only although the attendant was nice and let my guest in).

Your help is appreciated!
no to all 3 scenarios ...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
bizee-bee wrote: T, to clarify, did you pay the scammees using one of your many Aeroplan affiliated TD/CIBC Visa cards, or with a department store CC? :razz:

Shouldn't matter, and that's what Binocs999 wants to know.
yeah i paid with the td aero card actually at that time.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3758 upvotes
multi city dweller
bizee-bee wrote: Only for Aeroplan redemption tickets and it MUST be with AC metal. You can pay the AeroScams with ANY CC, and you're still eligible for the free bag and MLL access as well.

TorontoEh wrote: yeah i paid with the td aero card actually at that time.
ok ... just to be 100% sure ...

if i redeem aeropeso for a flight ... and pay the scamfees with ANY cc ... i should still be entitled to first free checked bag ... right???

the big question: do i have to flash my card (td aeropeso cc) at check-in to get the 1st checked baggage free?

I am going to convert my td aero cc to the td fct before the dec 3 deadline ... and i might not be able to convert back my existing fct to td aero cc in time for departure ... so i just want to be 100% sure i do not need to carry the td aero cc with me ... :)

(perhaps i should try to get the cibc aerogold ... i've read somewhere that there is an unadvertised fyf going on right now ...)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
7000 posts
7627 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote: if i redeem aeropeso for a flight ... and pay the scamfees with ANY cc ... i should still be entitled to first free checked bag ... right???

the big question: do i have to flash my card (td aeropeso cc) at check-in to get the 1st checked baggage free?

I am going to convert my td aero cc to the td fct before the dec 3 deadline ... and i might not be able to convert back my existing fct to td aero cc in time for departure ... so i just want to be 100% sure i do not need to carry the td aero cc with me ... :)

(perhaps i should try to get the cibc aerogold ... i've read somewhere that there is an unadvertised fyf going on right now ...)
Yes, pay the Aero taxes with any CC and you get the Aero/AC related benefits. The extra benefit you get when paying WITH a TD or CIBC Aero Visa card is the flight/baggage coverage.

If the TD / CIBC Aero Visa has been opened with enough/sufficient time to properly link into your Aeroplan account number, the same one that is used to redeem for that award on AC metal, then you get the related benefits (MLL once, free first bag, priority boarding Zone 2). You'd think it would be ready by the time the card arrives at your mailbox, but seemingly it isn't always the case. Your info has to make its way from TD / CIBC to Aeroplan and AC. Ultimately, it's got to get registered with AC's systems, because it's their MLL and OLCI/check-in counters where your Visa will be swiped to determine validity / eligibility of the benefits, and there is a process involved which could take 1 week? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? You guess is as good as anyone else's, other than the IT geeks who designed the systems.

So if your card and Aeroplan number are registered within AC's systems then the free baggage should be automatic during OLCI or at the airport kiosks. However, if you decide to check in at a counter with your baggage, and I can't recall what happens here as I haven't done that in a while (do they swipe your Visa in the airport counter's reader?), it should also show up as free.

That said, some check-in agents, especially in the earlier years of this benefit (2014/2015) and prolly even currently, when faced with a charge on the first bag they would override the fee if you show them your card, at their discretion of course. Probably because there was a general belief that the systems were wonky/too new/unstable/broken/unregistered at the airport readers. And if the wind was blowing in a up versus down. Which is why even if you did NOT pay the taxes with the card, or even if your card is no longer ACTIVE (cancelled but not expired), there's still an outside chance you can get that first bag free, and even a free entry to the MLL...it's all YMMV, but not if they stick to the rules/system.

Because of this, if you do switch to the FCT and then back to the Aero Visa, keep the above (mostly hypothesized, and certainly krazy) info in mind.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2014
1537 posts
512 upvotes
Rouyn-Noranda
The current offer is 15K bonus points, no FYF.

Any idea when the bonus will be bumped up?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2010
1321 posts
288 upvotes
toronto
can we downgrade then reupgrade a month later for the bonus?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)